View Poll Results: MEN who will finish top 3/medal?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florent Amodio

16 8.65%
  • Brian Joubert

63 34.05%
  • Adam Rippon

3 1.62%
  • Jeremy Abbott

49 26.49%
  • Zhan Bush

3 1.62%
  • Sergei Voronov

0 0%
  • Paolo Bacchini

2 1.08%
  • Samuel Contesti

4 2.16%
  • Patrick Chan

170 91.89%
  • Kevin Reynolds

3 1.62%
  • Takahiko Kozuka

47 25.41%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

162 87.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    No that is reasonable. Jettasian as always was way over the top though.
    Over the top? I was pointing out your ridiculous nonsense.

vCash
    Go Patrick!!
    Go Brian!!
    Go Jeremy!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Joy, now calling someone a tard. That's very classy of you.

Yes, Chan has improved a lot in those areas. I'm glad the judges see them.
    Which is why his highest ever international scores were last season.

Edited by Admin

vCash
    Which is why his highest ever international scores were last season. Edited by Admin
    How do you know Chan wouldn't have beaten his own record in Nice had he delivered his technical content like he did in Moscow?

Oh wait, I almost forgot you are one of those who seem to know everything.
    And apparently one of those who don't believe in the force of argument but rather the force of insult.

Your thoughts of Chan in November last year.

Sorry, you are right. I sort of dont think he belongs there yet, yet I sort of think he does for his WR breaking performances last season. So he is a tricky one. He is definitely already a better skater than any of the Joubert, Lambiel, Lysacek, class are though, and a better competitor (despite the numerous falls at times) than Takahashi ever was.

When I typed that I was thinking of the 2007-2010 generation of top skaters which was very weak IMO. How else did we have this sudden return to quadless champions, even ones with mediocre artistry like Lysacek to boot. Thank god that quad of rubbish is over, and the rubbish has merely been transformed to the ladies for the 2011-2014 quad it appears.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81022

My apology for going over the top. Respectfully yours, a Chantard.

vCash
    Jeremy began his Worlds freeskate with a powerful quad. It was like he was saying, "OK judges, wake your a&&es up!" The audience certainly responded on cue. Then the axel combo, more applause. A spin, more applause. Another jump, more applause.
    I feel that had he not made the errors, he would have had those judges and audience right in the palm of his hand.

vCash
    So what does my post have about him being capable of matching his Canadian Nationals scores at an international event. Oh yeah absolutely NOTHING. Thanks for wasting your time. Except you already disprove jettasian`s clueless claim I am a Chan hater who never credits him with anything, so thanks. Only an idiot or someone who doesnt follow skating (which jettasian doesnt, she only watches Chan, then turns off the TV) thinks ANY top skater will match their National scores for the same performances, especialy with how Canadian and American Nationals score their top skaters. Only a far better performance will reach the same score.

BTW Chan`s short program at Nice was closer to clean than Moscow and scored much lower. In the free skate he basically had one mistake and didnt even reach 180 (and people still think he was overscored). So yeah not reaching his Moscow scores is a pretty safe bet. Never mind the fantasy of his Canadian National scores where he was already getting 90 point short programs back when he didnt even have a quad yet and was making mistakes (and would barely break 80 at Worlds back then for something simlilar).
    Last edited by judgejudy27; 04-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Jeremy began his Worlds freeskate with a powerful quad. It was like he was saying, "OK judges, wake your a&&es up!" The audience certainly responded on cue. Then the axel combo, more applause. A spin, more applause. Another jump, more applause.
    I feel that had he not made the errors, he would have had those judges and audience right in the palm of his hand.
    Even if Jeremy had skated clean, I think he would have wound up 4th. Hanyu and Takahashi were on fire and both are as strong or stronger than Abbott in PCS.

vCash
    Sheeesh even a Prediction Thread turns into a bickering feud about Patrick, why is that.

There are other skaters. I would like to see Jeremy and Kozuka skate their programs clean. Both are wonderful skaters that have beautiful stroking and blade work but the jumps failed them at Worlds. My dream would be to see these two skaters shine.

I learned a new word today, Chantard......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    I learned a new word today, Chantard......
    Before I joined this board, I had never seen "craptacular".

vCash
    Which is why his highest ever international scores were last season. Edited by Admin
    His highest scores were from last World because he was almost perfect last World, but not this World.

Your insults don't mean a thing to me. It just proves what kind of a person you are

vCash
    BTW Chan`s short program at Nice was closer to clean than Moscow and scored much lower. In the free skate he basically had one mistake and didnt even reach 180 (and people still think he was overscored). So yeah not reaching his Moscow scores is a pretty safe bet. Never mind the fantasy of his Canadian National scores where he was already getting 90 point short programs back when he didnt even have a quad yet and was making mistakes (and would barely break 80 at Worlds back then for something simlilar).
    Just so you know, go to Youtube, check out Chan's SP from Moscow (which was perfect), and his SP from Nice (which was NOT perfect). Compare them and then read your own post.

Edited by Admin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    THIS proves what an idiot and nonsense you are. Just so you know, go to Youtube, check out Chan's SP from Moscow (which was perfect), and his SP from Nice (which was NOT perfect). Compare them and then read your own post. You will find how ridiculous you are. But I know you'd not do that because you love to make a fool of yourself.
    All your posts prove that you are the most annoying ubering twat ever.
    PLEASE STOP !
    We understand you love for Chan, it's great you appreciate so much his qualities, he deserves lots of praise but you don't have to prove your love, every single minute, with a new post on FSU or other skating boards. Get a life!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    jettasian and judgejudy, take it to PM or take a vacation. ENOUGH ALREADY.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Even if Jeremy had skated clean, I think he would have wound up 4th. Hanyu and Takahashi were on fire and both are as strong or stronger than Abbott in PCS.
    That's probably true, but there are almost certainly psychological factors at work. Jeremy was in the next to last group. I suspect that causes judges to slightly low-ball PCS in favor of the last group. Also, well landed jumps make the non-jump elements look prettier. Botched jumps make the other elements look less pretty. Is that fair? Probably not, but that's the way it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    That's probably true, but there are almost certainly psychological factors at work. Jeremy was in the next to last group. I suspect that causes judges to slightly low-ball PCS in favor of the last group. Also, well landed jumps make the non-jump elements look prettier. Botched jumps make the other elements look less pretty. Is that fair? Probably not, but that's the way it is.
    Hanyu skated in the penultimate group as well, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I disagree. If Abbott skated his very best he could have beaten Takahashi on TES when Hanyu did even with a fall in the LP, and Takahashi's PCS werent even that high at Worlds. Hanyu bombed his short program and actually is weaker than Abbott in PCS and still got the bronze.

vCash
    this is how i see the mens

1-patrick
    2-daisuke
    3-brian/florent
    5-jeremy
    6-tahiko
    7-samuel
    8-kevin
    9-adam
    10-zhan/sergi
    12-paolo

vCash
    for me
    mens

1-patrick
    2-daisuke
    3-brian/florent
    5-jeremy
    6-tahiko
    7-samuel
    8-kevin
    9-adam
    10-zhan/sergi
    12-paolo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    for me
    mens

1-patrick
    2-daisuke
    3-brian/florent
    5-jeremy
    6-tahiko
    7-samuel
    8-kevin
    9-adam
    10-zhan/sergi
    12-paolo
    Personally think Joubert and Amodio both would have been significantly lower than even the 4th and 5th they were if Worlds werent in France. They skated very well for them, but those PCS just wouldnt be happening anywhere else.

vCash
    Personally think Joubert and Amodio both would have been significantly lower than even the 4th and 5th they were if Worlds werent in France. They skated very well for them, but those PCS just wouldnt be happening anywhere else.
    Joubert, yes, but that is the best he's skated in a LONG time so I'm not surprised his PCS were so much higher, though I agree outside France they would have been in the high 70s instead of low 80s, particularly with those programs. Flo however got PCS of 80+ for his FS at Euros which weren't in France and he didn't skate as well there either. Granted the scores at Euros were a bit inflated, but after his breakout season last season, it is realistic Flo can break 80 for his FS PCS. So they maybe each got a 2-3 extra points overall from Worlds being in France, not a huge difference. I was regarding to the FS only, saying that a clean FS from Jeremy would have been 4th behind Chan, Hanyu, and Dai. Jeremy's PCS for FS is usually around 80-81, same as Hanyu, but his jumps and spins aren't quite as good. Idk. It would have been close, but considering how well Flo and Brian skated, even if Jeremy had delivered, he might have been looking at 6th place versus 8th for underperforming IMO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast