View Poll Results: MEN who will finish top 3/medal?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florent Amodio

16 8.65%
  • Brian Joubert

63 34.05%
  • Adam Rippon

3 1.62%
  • Jeremy Abbott

49 26.49%
  • Zhan Bush

3 1.62%
  • Sergei Voronov

0 0%
  • Paolo Bacchini

2 1.08%
  • Samuel Contesti

4 2.16%
  • Patrick Chan

170 91.89%
  • Kevin Reynolds

3 1.62%
  • Takahiko Kozuka

47 25.41%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

162 87.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    With the way the judges were scoring at Worlds and how they scored Jeremy's bad short program in PCS I have no doubt Jeremy would have received mid 80s easily for a clean LP at Worlds, maybe higher. Also a clean Jeremy would crush Joubert and Amodio IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    With the way the judges were scoring at Worlds and how they scored Jeremy's bad short program in PCS I have no doubt Jeremy would have received mid 80s easily for a clean LP at Worlds, maybe higher. Also a clean Jeremy would crush Joubert and Amodio IMO.
    But that was not the question. He could have crushed Amodio and Joubert and still have come in 4th. It's a moot point anyway because he DIDN'T deliver and his odds at medaling at Worlds are just going to continue to get worse as he gets older and the field gets steeper. He had great opportunities to medal in 2010 and blew it, and similarly blew it here. I don't think it's going to happen for Jeremy at Worlds or the Olympics honestly, not now. If he even makes it to Sochi, he'll be nearly 29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    But that was not the question. He could have crushed Amodio and Joubert and still have come in 4th. It's a moot point anyway because he DIDN'T deliver and his odds at medaling at Worlds are just going to continue to get worse as he gets older and the field gets steeper. He had great opportunities to medal in 2010 and blew it, and similarly blew it here. I don't think it's going to happen for Jeremy at Worlds or the Olympics honestly, not now. If he even makes it to Sochi, he'll be nearly 29.
    The thing I am bewildered is you are saying Jeremy at his best cant medal yet you were building up Miner's chances to medal at a Worlds in another thread. Do you seriously think Miner has a chance to medal vs competition that even Jeremy at his hypothetical best cant.

vCash
    I voted for Chan, Takahashi, and Joubert; but I would love to see Kozuka surprise me!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    The thing I am bewildered is you are saying Jeremy at his best cant medal yet you were building up Miner's chances to medal at a Worlds in another thread. Do you seriously think Miner has a chance to medal vs competition that even Jeremy at his hypothetical best cant.
    I didn't mean NOW. I meant Ross could medal in the FUTURE if he were to have a Lysacek-like transformation. Dai won't stick in past 2014 and I doubt Chan or Abbott will either, so yes, I could see someone like Ross medaling in 2015 and after if he continues to improve. Ross is on the upswing, and considering his age and continued inconsistency, Abbott is unlikely to get better between now and 2014, in terms of skating at least. But his skating isn't the problem anyways...

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    I meant Ross could medal in the FUTURE if he were to have a Lysacek-like transformation....
    In other words, you think he can medal post-2010 with the likes of Chan, Takahashi, and Hanyu without a quad jump, with a hit or miss 3Axel that has very questionable technique, and arm flailing choreography? It's going to take a lot more than a Lysacek-like transformation ( BLECH!) to compete with the world's best and medal now if everyone skates to their potential.

vCash
    I too agree, Jeremy has been given multiple times to medal at Worlds
    and blew his chances everytime, this was his last chance at medaling in Worlds
    like Alissa imo, but I don' see Miner as having good potential either, too bland and a hit or miss, the US future is with Brown who is an all around and to a lesser extent Farris who though not as good as brown jump wise or artistically but may improve

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    the US future is with Brown who is an all around and to a lesser extent Farris who though not as good as brown jump wise or artistically but may improve
    You think Farris is weaker athletically and artistically than Brown? I think both are artistically very well-rounded and Farris is definitely the better jumper. I prefer Josh over Jason at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    In other words, you think he can medal post-2010 with the likes of Chan, Takahashi, and Hanyu without a quad jump, with a hit or miss 3Axel that has very questionable technique, and arm flailing choreography? It's going to take a lot more than a Lysacek-like transformation ( BLECH!) to compete with the world's best and medal now if everyone skates to their potential.
    I said post 2014 for one thing, and I more meant, if Ross continues to be a solid and consistent competitor, his PCS may shoot up a la Lysacek and he could wind up on World podiums, once Takahashi, Chan, and a handful of others are likely out of the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I too agree, Jeremy has been given multiple times to medal at Worlds
    and blew his chances everytime, this was his last chance at medaling in Worlds
    like Alissa imo, but I don' see Miner as having good potential either, too bland and a hit or miss, the US future is with Brown who is an all around and to a lesser extent Farris who though not as good as brown jump wise or artistically but may improve
    ?? Really? Jason with no 3a is a better jumper than Farris with his beautiful 3a? The artistry is debatable but Farris is clearly ahead of Brown in terms of jumps ATM. He beat a totally clean Jason at JW by 7+ points with a couple mistakes. When/if Jason gets a 3a, this could all change, but until then, Josh has my vote for the one to watch. He could make an impact on the senior stage as early as next season, his 3a is solid and beautiful, and he trains the 4t and tried it at Nationals so I'm sure we'll see him attempting it in the FS next season. Jason won't be a factor until he gets a solid 3a, and realistically he'll probably need a quad too. Also I personally think Josh and Jason are pretty evenly matched artistically right now, and if anything, I think Josh is more artistic, or at least I appreciate his artistry more at this point. Josh skates like a senior, whereas Jason is still very "junior" IMHO.

vCash
    Just realize this competition will be in Japan....so obviously which team will have the advantage from the judges...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Just realize this competition will be in Japan....so obviously which team will have the advantage from the judges...
    Does that mean you won't be watching?

vCash
    It's in Japan ... I can imagine Takahashi could be placed above Chan if both skate like at worlds. Chan has never skated well in Japan. He was 4th last time? In fact, that was the highest ever score recoded without a 3A.

If the judges don't treat Takahashi with respect, it probably means they are finally dumping him and placing all the stakes on Hanyu. Either way, Chan could feel some pressure.

vCash
    I really hope Abbott, Kozuka, and Rippon have performances they can be happy with. Good luck to all the competitors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    It's in Japan ... I can imagine Takahashi could be placed above Chan if both skate like at worlds. Chan has never skated well in Japan. He was 4th last time? In fact, that was the highest ever score recoded without a 3A.

If the judges don't treat Takahashi with respect, it probably means they are finally dumping him and placing all the stakes on Hanyu. Either way, Chan could feel some pressure.
    Chan didn't skate well at the Japan Open, but he was the leading male skater there. He was seventh at NHK 2006. He wasn't at the 2009 GPF

vCash
    Chan's PCS at Japan Open was a lot higher than Daisuke's. Team Japan was last at Japan Open so I don't think this event being in Japan means they will win. the Japanese skaters are all so inconsistent.

vCash
    Actutally, Japan Open is known for relatively generous marks for "guest" skaters. Gachinsky had higher PCS than Kozuka (the world silver medalist representing the "home"). Amodio's PCS was very close to Kozuka. NHK trophy is the better comparison. At least in singles, they are always pretty much determined to let Japanese skaters win.
    Last edited by NMURA; 04-16-2012 at 05:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Does that mean you won't be watching?
    It will be on TV?

vCash
    You seem to be so negative about Japan/Japanese skaters/Japanese audiences. Just chill, and enjoy all the skaters. Yes, Patrick is wonderful, but so are many other skaters.

vCash
    This event was in Japan 3 years ago. Which team had the advantage from the judges?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast