vCash

Skaters who teach Learn to Skate Classes.

Say,I was wondering how many Skaters we know of that actually teach Learn to Skate Classes? I know Amanda Evora teaches a Learn to Skate Class. Dwe know of anybody else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Say,I was wondering how many Skaters we know of that actually teach Learn to Skate Classes? I know Amanda Evora teaches a Learn to Skate Class. Dwe know of anybody else?
    Do you mean competitive skaters? Because it would be pretty hard to teach a Learn to Skate class if you didn't know how to skate yourself
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Do you mean competitive skaters? Because it would be pretty hard to teach a Learn to Skate class if you didn't know how to skate yourself
    Yes

vCash
    Here's a fun blog entry about coaching by U.S. senior ice dancers Isabella Cannuscio and Colin McManus: http://www.ice-dance.com/bella-a-col...log-2-coaching

vCash
    It was after he retired, but I took group lessons from Andy Seitz. He is a very good coach.

vCash
    I know many National and International level skaters who teach Learn to Skate classes, and in turn they get free ice at the rink they work.

vCash
    I teach a learn to skate class though I mainly work with skaters who are at national/world level (roller sorry, not ice). I hate getting students who don't have good basics which is why I teach beginners. Habits are so hard to break so if they get the right technique from the beginning it's much easier for any coach to get a better finished result. My favourites to teach are beginning adult skaters as we always have such fun in the classes, and they understand things so much better. Plus I get to be a bit naughtier with them, I keep telling the women to "point your lady-garden where you want to go".
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I know that Plushenko often does the littlies' Learn to Skate lessons at Mishin's summer camps. They adore him, he adores them, and somewhere along the line they get shown how to skate by an Olympic champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    I know many National and International level skaters who teach Learn to Skate classes, and in turn they get free ice at the rink they work.
    Same here, or the club they belong to gives them free ice time in exchange for their teaching (if the club doesn't own the rink).
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"