Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Thanks! I think I saw a Corner Bakery on the map not too far from the rink? Any other food options relatively nearby?
    I saw that corner bakery too. It's a 5 block walked through the middle of the hospital campus. Probably at least 20 minutes each way. If you are really on foot, I would probably check out the facilities inside the VA hospital.

I would probably go west - down the hill - either to 13th east with lots of University eateries (the Pie (pizza) and Market Street Grill (sea food, pricey) are excellent plus a couple of hole-in-the-wall hamburger places - or down to 4th south which is full of most of the fast food chains and restaurants easily available.

Title-less
    vCash
    Should this thread be moved to KnC or should someone create a new thread for the actual comp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Should this thread be moved to KnC or should someone create a new thread for the actual comp?
    There is already a new thread in KnC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    There is already a new thread in KnC.
    Here's the link: 2012 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (inaugural Senior B) & Challenge Skate

I just posted IceNetwork's live streaming schedule in that thread (glad to see that the U.S. Challenge Skate Junior/Novice events will be live as well!): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Agreed Sylvia, great to see the novice and junior events will be shown as well Love watching the future up and comers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I think based on the criteria, between 4 and 6 teams would have been eligible for invitations to a junior dance event. In the past few years, the travel expenses for the "developmental internationals" have been paid for by the athletes themselves. That may be part of the reason why some were unable to attend.

These were the junior dance teams from last years Nationals who are not on the ISP list (I'm not sure they're still together):
    Roxette Howe / Mark Janhke J10
    Jenna Dzierzanowski / Vinny Dispenza J13

These teams were novice last year and competed in juniors at Lake Placid this summer (unclear in the press release if they were required to have already passed their junior tests):
    Hannah Rosinski / Jacob Jaffe N3
    Chloe Rose-Lewis / Logan Bye N4
    Stacey Siddon / Jared Weiss N5

Returning junior dance national competitor with a new partner:
    Julia Biechler / Damian Dodge
    Mark Jahnke decided to retire this summer.

There were only two teams signed up for junior dance, so eventually they pulled out for lack of a real event. Pike's Peak is next week, which is not a by invitation event, so more are eligible.

vCash
    Gold is Gold

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910