View Poll Results: Who should get the 2 WTT spots?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ashley Wagner

199 91.71%
  • Mirai Nagasu

15 6.91%
  • Rachael Flatt

6 2.76%
  • Alissa Czisny

16 7.37%
  • Caroline Zhang

125 57.60%
  • Agnes Zawadzki

27 12.44%
  • Christina Gao

1 0.46%
  • Gracie Gold

43 19.82%
  • Kiri Baga

0 0%
  • Vanessa Lam

1 0.46%
  • Yasmin Siraj

2 0.92%
  • Samantha Cesario

1 0.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Which 2 US Ladies should get WTT?

Not sure how well-trained Nagasu and Flatt are, but I'll throw them in here anyway.

vCash
    I'd say Gracie and Alissa. Let's see how Alissa does this time.

vCash
    Isn't it the top 2 ranked ladies?

vCash
    Ashley and Caroline.

The U.S. ladies are currently ranked #5 Czisny, #9 Nagasu, #15 Flatt, #17 Wagner, #19 Zhang.

Alissa - can't imagine them selecting her, or her really wanting to go after Worlds
    Mirai - not training programs right now
    Rachael - who knows ?

vCash
    I also thought it was by invite only...

vCash
    Wagner, obviously, based on her great performance at Worlds. I then picked Caroline Zhang since she's improved so much lately. I almost picked Gold instead of her but then I thought hey, she's junior, she'll have MANY other chances 'cause it's really a senior event.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I say Wagner and Zawadzki. Agnes should have been prepared as an alternate for Worlds so give her this shot. Alissa is done with any big assignments outside of GP events where the US will need to fill in a hole or two.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Ashley and Gracie. If not them, anybody BUT Csisny. However, I'm not averse to letting Ashley or Gracie wear Alissa's Big White Teeth for a day.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Isn't it the top 2 ranked ladies?
    The entry process for WTT isn't particularly well known. Going by the 2009 guidelines, all I found was that if one of the top 2 ranked singles skaters elects not to participate, he or she cannot participate in any other events (i.e., shows) for a period of time surrounding the WTT. There was another publication on the topic in 2011 but I cannot locate it on the ISU site.

Seems to me that the ISU, in conjunction with the Japanese Skating Federation, has a great deal of leeway in approving entries sent to it by the nations competing. It may object to an entry; then again, it may not. The way the initial rules were written, it seemed the ISU's main concern was not to let top stars "off the hook."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I say Wagner and Zawadzki. Agnes should have been prepared as an alternate for Worlds so give her this shot. Alissa is done with any big assignments outside of GP events where the US will need to fill in a hole or two.
    I agree with this. Zawadzki and Nagasu were the Worlds alternates. Zawadzki should be ready, but Nagasu is not since she has been training solo and not doing her programs. If for some reason Agnes can't go (injury), then Zhang should be the next choice.

According to the rules, USFS has to submit their entries by tomorrow, April 5th. Maybe we'll know then who got the nod.

vCash
    If Czisny somehow got sent, I don't think I would be happy no matter how she skated. If she bombed again, I would be upset since this was well too predictable and that meant someone else didn't get to go. If she rocked it, I would be more upset because it meant she had that performance in her but just couldn't bring it out at Worlds where it mattered.

If selection isn't automatic (by ranking or points etc), I think the smartest choices would be Wagner and Gold. However, if the format is one short program and one long program, then perhaps Zawadzki and Wagner.

vCash
    Caroline Zhnag and Agnes Zawadzki

vCash
    Wagner of course.

I'd send Gold, because she can definitely use the ISU ranking points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'd send Gold, because she can definitely use the ISU ranking points.
    Does anyone know of a clause in the ISU entry/eligibility rules that precludes entering Gold?

vCash
    In that case, I pick Wagner and Zhang. Caroline deserves more positive international exposure, and I want to see Black Swan again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    In that case, I pick Wagner and Zhang. Caroline deserves more positive international exposure, and I want to see Black Swan again!
    Zhnag deserves it the most but I feel Wagner maybe running out of steam by WTT and would be best to take her rest like Mao for nest season, Mirai could go or Zawadzki ( although a meltdown Zawadzki should be taken into consideration )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Zhnag deserves it the most but I feel Wagner maybe running out of steam by WTT and would be best to take her rest like Mao for nest season, Mirai could go or Zawadzki ( although a meltdown Zawadzki should be taken into consideration )
    If Ashley doesn't go, then it has to be Agnes over Mirai. Mirai just said she isn't training programs and she just practices on her own. No way is she ready to skate at WTT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Ashley and Gracie. If not them, anybody BUT Csisny. However, I'm not averse to letting Ashley or Gracie wear Alissa's Big White Teeth for a day.
    The teeth thing is getting REALLY old. You don't like Alissa's smile. Fine, we get it. Now can we maybe talk about skating instead?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I'm amazed Czisny has 12 votes. Girlfriend needs to rest and regroup; last thing she needs is another stressful competition right now.

I voted for Ashley and Agnes.

vCash
    I don't think they'd pick Alissa based on her past two competitions. Plus at this point another competition is the last thing she needs. She needs time to deal with her abysmal performance at worlds and decide what's next for her.

If you're going by one SP and one LP, I think the LP skater should be Ashley. She's the strongest (and has been the strongest) LP skater for a while now and it's a known fact the SP isn't her forte. The issue becomes whether or not she wants to compete; burn out could be a factor. Still, she'd be my pick for the LP skate.

As for SP, I'd go for Zawadski or Zhang. Both have 3-3s and the potential to score well. Seeing as how Zawadski is the alternate, I'd send her first. If she can have a decent SP she'll score well. Zhang has been trending upward all season, so I think she'd have a good program as well.

Gao: Christina might have a shot. She has a 3-3 in the SP and is somewhat decent in the rest of her elements. She'd be a good option.

Gold: I think her senior debut should be next season...not this season. People are so desperate to throw her out there but I really think she'll need this summer to grow and mature a bit more. Relax people...her time is approaching. No need to rush her into it...

Mirai: Doesn't have a coach, not really training...nope.

Rachael: Busy at Stanford, no favor with judges all season...nope.

Baga/Lam/Siraj: Not international seniors so they won't get the scores...nope.

So I say Wagner/Zawadski or Wagner/Zhang. If Wagner opts out, Zawadski/Zhang; if one of them opts out, add in Gao...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast