Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash

Oksana Baiul's Future Plans!

Olympian Oksana Baiul called Cliffside Park home for 14 years

What Baiul is doing now

Baiul, who is actively in the process of re-launching the Oksana Baiul Collection, a line of figure skating apparel originally created in 2002, recalled sending boxes of the skating costumes to a rink in her native Ukraine, with specific instructions for them be distributed for free to needy children.

Baiul said, "I am not a good business person, I lead with my heart. But, I don't regret my generosity, I am proud of that quality."

Baiul is also engrossed in writing her autobiography, together with acclaimed sports writer, Filip Bondy. The book will be Baiul's third, preceded by "Oksana: My Own Story" and "Secrets of Skating." She plans to have the book released in time for the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

"Writing the book is a healing experience and there are many things people don't know about my life," she said.

With regard to the current slate of International skaters, Baiul does have some favorites, including American skater Adam Rippon, with whom she skated at the Ice House, and Valentina Marchei of Italy.

Although her schedule is peppered with appearances, including her April 1 surprise Appearance Meet and Greet at "Pocahontas on Ice" in Coney Island, New York, she has been enjoying some time off. She does admit, however, that she would like to tour again. She is primarily training at IceLand in Mercerville and is preparing to headline and co-produce her first global tour.

Baiul is also launching a production company to present domestic and international television specials, and is launching her own philanthropic entity, the Baiul-Farina Foundation, in furtherance of her work on behalf of children.

Having spent 14 years in a Cliffside Park high-rise, Baiul is enjoying being surrounded by nature on her private estate in Pennsylvania. She moved to rural Pennsylvania in early March with her boyfriend/manager Carlo Farina. She surrounds herself with all that she holds dear, including her beloved Chihuahuas, Czar Louie, the "chocolate cupcake" who she calls "pleasantly plump" and Empress Alexis, her "vanilla cupcake." Notably, the self-described orphan calls family "the most important thing in her life," and counts her beloved dogs and her boyfriend and his family as her closest family members.

Baiul also has a relationship, albeit a long-distance one, with her paternal grandmother, 82, who lives in the Ukraine. In 2005 Baiul felt compelled to silence the pestering questions she had about her biological father. She traveled to the Ukraine and met him and her paternal grandmother for the first time. Fortunately, Baiul's need for answers was sated before her father died in 2007.

Baiul, now 34, may have traveled many miles over the years, but she seems at home in her present life.

Current information, including appearances, may be found at www.OksanaStyle.com or by following her on Twitter @oksanabaiul.

Full article: http://www.northjersey.com/topstorie....html?page=all
    Yas!

vCash
    Good for her! Thanks for the article :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Good for her! Thanks for the article :-)
    You're welcome. Should be good! Hope she invites Adam on tour.

vCash
    This is cool, I'm glad to see the person who made me a FS addict when I was little is doing well! Bring on the tour!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    This is cool, I'm glad to see the person who made me a FS addict when I was little is doing well! Bring on the tour!
    Oh me too! I love her so much!

vCash
    Thank you so much for the update, Spartacus! I love Oksana and always appreciate hearing about what she's up to now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Thank you so much for the update, Spartacus! I love Oksana and always appreciate hearing about what she's up to now.
    You're welcome! I'm so excited she's doing this tour!

vCash

vCash
    It is always nice to read about Oksana. I think she is one of the most artistic skaters out there. Glad she seems to have found a really settled place in her life.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    She is one of the skaters who always makes me smile.
    I truly wish her all the best

vCash
    Thank you for posting the info, Spartacus. It's good to see that Oksana is still involved in the skating worlds. I hope she will get the opportunity to tour.
    And I hope she will have the opportunity to visit her grandmother in the Ukraine for many years to come - it's hard if you have relatives abroad. In particular if it's the grandparents and they have reached a certain age - you just never know how much time is left that you can spend together with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    Thank you for posting the info, Spartacus. It's good to see that Oksana is still involved in the skating worlds. I hope she will get the opportunity to tour.
    And I hope she will have the opportunity to visit her grandmother in the Ukraine for many years to come - it's hard if you have relatives abroad. In particular if it's the grandparents and they have reached a certain age - you just never know how much time is left that you can spend together with them.
    You're welcome.

Very excited for what's to come.

Follow Oksana on Twitter for updates.
    https://twitter.com/#!/OksanaBaiul

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    It is always nice to read about Oksana. I think she is one of the most artistic skaters out there. Glad she seems to have found a really settled place in her life.
    I ADORE your signature!

vCash
    Thanks for posting that article!

I love Oksana! I wish her much success in all of her future endeavors and much love, good health and happiness.

vCash
    Thanks for posting!! That's cool that Oksana saw this thread!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateBlades17 View Post
    Thanks for posting!! That's cool that Oksana saw this thread!!
    It is.

CARLO J. FARINA Entertainment has signed OKSANA BAIUL to Exclusive Management Worldwide.

CARLO J. FARINA Entertainment has agreed to Exclusively Manage OKSANA BAIUL, Olympic Gold Medalist and Figure Skating World Champion and Global Celebrity. Ms. Baiul signed with CARLO J. FARINA Entertainment as she embarks upon her Professional Global Comeback from semi-retirement over the last 4 years. Please click below for access to Ms. Baiul's Official Website for more details, updates and exciting news...
    http://www.farinaco.com/index.php?op...=1:latest-news

vCash
    Spartacus, thank you again for the updates. And how wonderful that she saw this thread and has some idea of how much people appreciate her skating. Everyone in my family was captivated by her performances in Lillehammer.
    I wonder if she knows that she was an inspiration to Joannie Rochette (and countless others, I am sure). I hope we get to see her skate again soon! I keep checking youtube for recent performances. wishing her the very best
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 06-12-2012 at 05:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Spartacus, thank you again for the updates. And how wonderful that she saw this thread and has some idea of how much people appreciate her skating. Everyone in my family was captivated by her performances in Lillehammer.
    I wonder if she knows that she was an inspiration to Joannie Rochette (and countless others, I am sure). I hope we get to see her skate again soon! I keep checking youtube for recent performances. wishing her the very best
    Yes, so many! From Joannie to Adam to Johnny to Michelle! I think she knows! Johnny has definitely not made a secret of his love for her.

And you're welcome.

vCash
    She was the reason I began watching skating too. I loved her Swan exhibition especially. I cried with her after her LP. I was amazed she was 16 too and had accomplished so much already and I felt bad when I read about her family. She and G&G were the first skaters I became a fan of. The '94 Olympics was the time I really became addicted to figure skating. After Baiul left competitions I rooted for Chen. I was very sad though that I wouldn't be watching new programs from Baiul. I jumped from joy when Eurosport showed Skates of Gold III and I finally saw a new program of Baiul. Eurosport was airing more and more skating competitions. It was an exciting time for me to get to know the sport. Such nice memories.

I had ordered both Baiul's books. I read them countless times and watched the pictures over and over. There was hardly (payable and easy-to-use meaning not disrupting phones lines) internet available for everyone in Holland, let alone sharing skating online, there were no real pro championships on Eurosport, sometimes Super Channel showed some, but other than that, I had no chance of seeing Baiul's new programs after the Olympics. So I would watch the photos in her books of the new programs, read about the music and just try to imagine what those programs might look like. Then I found someone called raggedy roo or something on internet who sold skating tapes. I bought a compilation tape of Baiul. It was 1999-2000 I think. Finally I could watch her new programs, still not all, but many anyway.

It was such a different time, even if it wasn't that long ago. Nowadays you can find almost anything on YouTube and FSvids website. Even skating news. Even in 2000 I had to wait for Patinage Magazine from France and IFS Magazine from the US to find out what was going on in the skating world. We finally had internet access at home in 1999-2000, but most pages were superslow, sometimes you could only view them after 30-45 minutes. Especially when there were pictures on a page, it would take for ever to load.

How much and how fast things have changed, fortunately, in this case for the better. Thinking of Baiul reminds me not just how she and G&G made me figure skating fans for the first time, but also what it was like to be a figure skating fan in Holland pre-internet and how internet developped from a slow, expensive and difficult product which you couldn't use at the same time as a telephone to what we have today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sadya View Post
    She was the reason I began watching skating too. I loved her Swan exhibition especially. I cried with her after her LP. I was amazed she was 16 too and had accomplished so much already and I felt bad when I read about her family. She and G&G were the first skaters I became a fan of. The '94 Olympics was the time I really became addicted to figure skating. After Baiul left competitions I rooted for Chen. I was very sad though that I wouldn't be watching new programs from Baiul. I jumped from joy when Eurosport showed Skates of Gold III and I finally saw a new program of Baiul. Eurosport was airing more and more skating competitions. It was an exciting time for me to get to know the sport. Such nice memories.

I had ordered both Baiul's books. I read them countless times and watched the pictures over and over. There was hardly (payable and easy-to-use meaning not disrupting phones lines) internet available for everyone in Holland, let alone sharing skating online, there were no real pro championships on Eurosport, sometimes Super Channel showed some, but other than that, I had no chance of seeing Baiul's new programs after the Olympics. So I would watch the photos in her books of the new programs, read about the music and just try to imagine what those programs might look like. Then I found someone called raggedy roo or something on internet who sold skating tapes. I bought a compilation tape of Baiul. It was 1999-2000 I think. Finally I could watch her new programs, still not all, but many anyway.

It was such a different time, even if it wasn't that long ago. Nowadays you can find almost anything on YouTube and FSvids website. Even skating news. Even in 2000 I had to wait for Patinage Magazine from France and IFS Magazine from the US to find out what was going on in the skating world. We finally had internet access at home in 1999-2000, but most pages were superslow, sometimes you could only view them after 30-45 minutes. Especially when there were pictures on a page, it would take for ever to load.

How much and how fast things have changed, fortunately, in this case for the better. Thinking of Baiul reminds me not just how she and G&G made me figure skating fans for the first time, but also what it was like to be a figure skating fan in Holland pre-internet and how internet developped from a slow, expensive and difficult product which you couldn't use at the same time as a telephone to what we have today.
    The good old day's when Eurosport showed Pro competitions...................
    I remember watching Skates Of Gold on Eurosport. Baiul is one of the few skaters who can fall or do nothing amazing on the ice yet still has me glued to my tv screen.
    It's a pity the IOC & ISU did not use the new team event to allow Pro skaters to compete again. Maybe a two jump max program.
    I would love to see Baiul & Petrenko skate for team Ukraine

vCash
    I remember Lalique Trophique being used as a competition where the audience decided the winner instead of judges. There were pro skaters as well amateurs if I remember correctly. Yet, we didn't get to watch more pro competitions on Eurosport unfortunaly. Still happy with what they did show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast