Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Brick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I worked with a stunningly beautiful natural blonde and curvy woman this past summer. The men I worked with couldn't help but enjoy being around her- but the women I worked with loved her even more, because she was such a mature, pleasant, intelligent young woman.
    And that's the thing. Plenty of attractive people have a superior attitude, like the woman writing this article, and then think the reason people don't like them is because they're "jealous". But plenty of attractive people have lovely personalities and have no trouble getting along with others. Sometimes it feels like so much rests of looks, but personality really does matter more. No matter how pretty someone is, if they're constantly unpleasant, no one is going to want to be around them for long.

vCash
    Anyone read any of her other articles? Like "I use my sex appeal to get ahead at work... and so does ANY woman with any sense" - sorry, bitch, but *I* get ahead at work because I'm damn good at my job and I clear my desk and task list Every. Single. Day. Not because I flirt with my male co-workers and the president of the company - or "My husband will divorce me if I get fat" - um, yeah... considering he's hardly a looker himself, balding and has a gut...? I know how I'd respond if a guy said that he was with me because of the size of my waistline.

vCash
    She's the type of columnist that's called a "Brenda" in the UK. I don't know the origin of the name, but they're female columnists who bitch and whine about nothing in particular, or say outrageous things, just to fill space and/or draw attention to themselves. They're also very competitive with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if this woman actually doesn't think she's really all that attractive, but wrote those columns just to get a reaction and attention.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Anyone read any of her other articles? Like "I use my sex appeal to get ahead at work... and so does ANY woman with any sense" - sorry, bitch, but *I* get ahead at work because I'm damn good at my job and I clear my desk and task list Every. Single. Day. Not because I flirt with my male co-workers and the president of the company - or "My husband will divorce me if I get fat" - um, yeah... considering he's hardly a looker himself, balding and has a gut...? I know how I'd respond if a guy said that he was with me because of the size of my waistline.
    My Asian relatives would have something very upsetting to say to her about that.

vCash
    I know the focus should be on her shallowness and narcissism but I do think when you write a column like this in which you make outlandish claims about your attractiveness, it's hard for people to avoid pointing out when the reality doesn't match the delusion. This woman is ordinary looking, at best.

vCash
    Yes the guys on the basketball forum I post at are not holding back on what they think of this woman. They can be a tough bunch though. I think somehow she filters out the negative from the guys and considers all women jealous of her incredible beauty. Delusional...

vCash
    I read both articles, and this chick is a self-deluded nut. Per Wikipedia: "narcissism" usually is used to describe some kind of problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others. In everyday speech, "narcissism" often means egoism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others. In psychology, the term is used to describe both normal self-love and unhealthy self-absorption due to a disturbance in the sense of self."

Her picture should be inserted next to that definition, right next to the picture of Narcissus.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I've met both men and women who fit this personality type, and any interaction with them was easily the least favorite part of my day.
    Thank you, idiot editor, who thought it would be a good idea to give this woman a place to write her dumbass thoughts down. Her columns are a waste of space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    She's the type of columnist that's called a "Brenda" in the UK. I don't know the origin of the name, but they're female columnists who bitch and whine about nothing in particular, or say outrageous things, just to fill space and/or draw attention to themselves. They're also very competitive with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if this woman actually doesn't think she's really all that attractive, but wrote those columns just to get a reaction and attention.
    That basically sums up the entire writing style of the Daily Mail!

vCash
    I think she is so wrapped up in herself that she cannot see reality and just makes these stories up in her head. Like the captain of the airplane giving her champagne. I mean come on. He had a bottle of unopened champagne in his cockpit and opened it just for you? I wonder if she got her head out of her ass and looked around how many other passengers she would have seen sipping on some as well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I think she is so wrapped up in herself that she cannot see reality and just makes these stories up in her head. Like the captain of the airplane giving her champagne. I mean come on. He had a bottle of unopened champagne in his cockpit and opened it just for you? I wonder if she got her head out of her ass and looked around how many other passengers she would have seen sipping on some as well...
    She has now admitted that that incident was many years ago, and that she cobbled together about half a dozen moments of men doing stuff for her over her entire life for the article.

How many women can't come up with around a half a dozen incidents of men doing such stuff to hit on them from their entire lives?

She is, however, still insisting she is always the best looking woman in a room.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-fancy-me.html

vCash
    So I've ignored mentions of this woman and finally read it today. Crazy!
    There may be some rooms where she is the best looking woman, but I can't imagine many. She is not young looking, she looks her age, or older (I'd have thought she was close to 50). In general "beautiful" women look younger than they are.

Her smile is very forced and somewhat crooked, not at all natural, but really it is the neck that gives away her age. Maybe it is my American perspective, and a different standard of beauty that I'm applying - she does have a very British look - but I would say she is ordinary looking, but that she does try to present herself well (I myself don't bother with makeup ever, and I know I look better when I have it done).

She is slender and looks healthy, so I'll give her that.

But seriously- she's crazy.

vCash
    Well maybe she was a lot prettier when she was younger. Also some people don't photograph well... Still she's ridiculous to say she's always the prettiest in the room
    I can't help wondering if maybe SHE is the one who purposely tries to stay away from women who may look better than her.

vCash
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...hate me because I'm conceited!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well maybe she was a lot prettier when she was younger. Also some people don't photograph well... Still she's ridiculous to say she's always the prettiest in the room
    Yea, she looked better coming right out of the room......and to think she's always the prettiest room makes me wonder about the company she's keeping. I remember my grandmother telling me about being single and making sure that all of her girlfriends were less attractive than she was ON PURPOSE!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Is it any wonder that Piers Morgan has moved to the US?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Is it any wonder that Piers Morgan has moved to the US?
    Only until he's extradited and charged with phone hacking Why, he's just building on his fine accomplishments in British journalism, of course. North America is unlucky to have him.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    That was awesome. Best response yet to all this.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    That was hysterical. I especially love the woman just giving him a poppy. It goes to show how someone self-deluded really could interpret normal situations to mean they are special.

I just watched a TV clip of Ms. Brick. I think both the host and the psychologist talking to her (though her eye make up was too dark) were more attractive, and the host was probably older. I had only seen headshots. I didn't realize she had quite so much belly!

Have you all seen ridiculously photogenic guy?
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...uy-goes-viral/
    http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/28003...-bricks-column
    He ought to write an article. Of course, other people granted him that title...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast