Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samantha Brick

vCash
    LOL, I definitely had a good laugh reading the articles in this thread! I think my favorite part was how she contradicted herself by insisting how it was to have to deal with the fact that men are "too intimidated" to approach her because they think they have "no chance", but then claims about all of these grandiose gestures that men do to get her attention! IME, if a guy wants to approach you he'll do just that because that's his personality. I think for the most part the way a guy tries to get a girls attention has more to do with his own personality and way of doing things rather than because the girl looks a certain way. Some guys are more laid back in their approach and some like to make a spectacle of themselves. But of course she has to make it all about her since she's so wonderful and GORGEOUS!!!

Everyone has different views of beauty, but I thought she really wasn't anything special. I think Skittl1321 summed it up pretty well. An average/decent looking woman who dresses well and presents herself well. Good for her. I know much more attractive women that don't encounter even 1% of the "hate" she claims to get from women based on her "looks".

IME, every once in a while I encounter someone that doesn't care for me for whatever reason, but I don't automatically assume because it's I'm JUST. SO. AWESOME. And they jus jellusss. Sometimes some people just don't mesh well. I can picture her not "meshing" with very many people
    Last edited by Smiley0884; 04-06-2012 at 06:11 PM.

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I didn't realize she had quite so much belly!
    Which makes the fact that she wrote this article even more ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Which makes the fact that she wrote this article even more ridiculous.
    So at some recent point she was not the slender and drop dead gorgeous woman she claims she is now and always has been.

I thought in the other pictures she didn't look like she had a fabulous body, anyway. Definitely not hourglass curves. Not that she looks bad, but not a body that would make men die over her as she is claiming.

How come no one will pay any of us for writing delusional crap about ourselves? We could all do it!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post

How come no one will pay any of us for writing delusional crap about ourselves? We could all do it!
    Have you tried?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I didn't realize she had quite so much belly!
    you can tell in all her full body shots...but it just looks like normal middle age spread (or what used to be normal middle age spread before women weren't supposed to have any spread, anywhere, ever ).

I think there's something to be said that thoroughly average looking people can be attractive. And I think this situation demonstrates that someone who's not a complete knockout who has a ton of confidence in their looks certainly does piss people off - how DARE this woman think anyone would go out of their way to flirt with her?!? Of course, Ms Brick comes across as delusional and antagonistic in her articles, so it's hard to side with her (which is the whole point, I'm sure), but she's got a point in there somewhere. I don't think it's the one she thinks it is or wants it to be, but it's there.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    IMO beautiful women (which she is NOT) don't automatically encounter hostility from other women. It's the entitled way some of them act plus coming on to other women's men that make women shun them. (Hate is too strong a word, I doubt anyone stays up nights burning with hate for her.)

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    you can tell in all her full body shots...but it just looks like normal middle age spread (or what used to be normal middle age spread before women weren't supposed to have any spread, anywhere, ever ).

I think there's something to be said that thoroughly average looking people can be attractive. And I think this situation demonstrates that someone who's not a complete knockout who has a ton of confidence in their looks certainly does piss people off - how DARE this woman think anyone would go out of their way to flirt with her?!? Of course, Ms Brick comes across as delusional and antagonistic in her articles, so it's hard to side with her (which is the whole point, I'm sure), but she's got a point in there somewhere. I don't think it's the one she thinks it is or wants it to be, but it's there.
    Yes.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash

I'm sure all of us have come across average-looking people who are attractive because they have charisma and confidence and are well put-together. I'm sure we come across them all the time, actually.

It's Ms. Brick's hostility that turns people off of that article, and off her.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    But the first thing people say when they respond is....."eh, she's not all that". hey, I thought it too!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    But the first thing people say when they respond is....."eh, she's not all that". hey, I thought it too!
    Of course. It's simply people's kneejerk reaction to a lofty claim. "Oh yeah, try me!"

I don't think we need to read any deep sociological messages in that.

vCash
    She was interviewed for Good Morning America yesterday. She's for real. She's a nut job. She claims that since she has come out about the painfulness off being staggeringly beautiful, women have been emailing, Tweeting, texting her saying terrible things. Thus proving how hated she is because of her beauty. I really tried to get a sense that this was a joke. But, no, she really believes it. She reminds me, a very little bit, of Hayley Mills, but not as pretty. The woman is nice looking, certainly not a freak (well, except for mentally). But beautiful?

vCash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123