Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Brick

vCash

Samantha Brick

is anyone following this saga online? This woman is all the rage on twitter, and all of the blogs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...beautiful.html
    with her follow up article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...hes-right.html

. She is totally in lala land!!

vCash
    I was laughing so hard. She is pretty average looking, if you ask me...

vCash
    I saw that yesterday. She is o.k. looking, but nothing to write home about...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    She has a pretty high opinion of herself. I thought she is just average looking. Asked my husband, with no context, just the picture and he said she was an average looking woman as well. Not unattractive, but not particularly worth a second look.

I wonder what has led to her notion that she is so amazingly beautiful. And if her stories of men falling all over her are true, I wonder how she is dressing and acting. Because I can't see it being her generally average appearance.

vCash
    "This pretty"? With that five-head, limp stringy hair and obvious blonde-dye job (which probably is a big cause of the limp stringiness)? And there is something really "off" in her facial symmetry.

If she thinks she is the 21st century version of Lillie Langtree (who WAS considered to be one of the most beautiful women of her time), she is sadly mistaken.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    people...it's the Daily Mail
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    people...it's the Daily Mail
    Now gen, you know some people just have to knock others down.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I'm just amused to find out that the reason none of my friends asked me to be a bridesmaid for them was because of my devastating good looks!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I was always the most gorgeous woman in the room. Just ask me.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I had to check the date to see if it was written April Fools Day, or not.

vCash
    It's a lose-lose situation for everyone, isn't it? Because if you disagree with her then you validate her point in her eyes, and if you agree with her, then clearly something is wrong with your head.

Clearly she is cray-cray. Maybe she does get special treatment, but I doubt it is completely uninitiated. :p

vCash
    Is this for real? It reminds me of something from The Onion.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    She has a pretty high opinion of herself. I thought she is just average looking. Asked my husband, with no context, just the picture and he said she was an average looking woman as well. Not unattractive, but not particularly worth a second look.

I wonder what has led to her notion that she is so amazingly beautiful. And if her stories of men falling all over her are true, I wonder how she is dressing and acting. Because I can't see it being her generally average appearance.
    Seriously. I question just how much "flirting" she does and how she's dressing. Because I have seen Beautiful-with-a-capital-B women, and Ms Brick, you aren't it. ("More Kate Middleton than Katie Price?" Honey, I suggest you not enter a beauty contest with EITHER of them and I am not one of the latter's biggest fans.) If THAT many women think she's coming on to their husbands, well...either there are a staggeringly disproportionate number of rocky marriages in her neighborhood or she's onto something.

I think Jay from Leeds nailed it in the comments: "No, love, they don't hate you because you're beautiful (which you're not really), they hate you because you're a smug, self-satisfied, deluded, vacuous idiot."

Keiko from Toronto also gets an O SNAP in: "If the woman in this article is so plagued by the burden of her looks, tell her to wear a burkha. Problem solved."

vCash
    I can understand the response that she isn't really that great-looking, but that response bothers me because it does seem like a lot of women are responding that way. The problem isn't that she's not beautiful - it's that she's horrifically conceited and holier-than-thou in the most shockingly off-handed way.

Her looks don't matter, really. I mean, if she was absolutely gorgeous, would what she wrote have been any less awful? I'm sure there are people who feel how she feels who genuinely have some measure of reason for it, but there is a way to put that in writing that isn't this... high-handed. High-handed isn't even a good word for it. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read. It's just so thoroughly arrogant in the worst possible way.

vCash
    I actually do think she is rather pretty. But the overwhelming impression I get of her is that she is totally narcissistic. I think the negative reactions she gets from other women is more for her vanity and ego than for her being threatenly beautiful. But it's easy to see how she'd interpret the situation differently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    I think the negative reactions she gets from other women is more for her vanity and ego than for her being threatenly beautiful. But it's easy to see how she'd interpret the situation differently.
    I think it's more her imagination. Take a look at the link to the 2nd article - she says that women have piled on her making awful comments, but when you look at the comments helpfully listed below, you can see plenty of negative comments from men. But no, it's only women who are attacking her! out of jealousy!

But again - it's the Daily Mail, and the whole point of it is to rile people up about ordinary people who have deluded themselves. Well played!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Im not convinced this is real but if it is, wow. The woman has a legitimate mental issue. Can narcissism be considered so severe that it is a mental disorder? She makes a very strong case. My favorite part is how she has never been asked to be a bridesmaid because she is too beautiful. Yeah, I am sure that's the reason you have never been a bridesmaid in over 40 years. I don't think the article mentions past relationships or marriages except that she has been married for 4 years. If you are so beautiful and can't go anywhere without men falling all over you, then why did you get married at such an older age and to someone from another country, of all places. (who happens to look like a gay leather daddy)
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

The "NICE" Admin
    vCash
    I can't believe that the reason women hates her is because of her looks. What a wild imagination! LOL

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I can understand the response that she isn't really that great-looking, but that response bothers me because it does seem like a lot of women are responding that way. The problem isn't that she's not beautiful - it's that she's horrifically conceited and holier-than-thou in the most shockingly off-handed way.

Her looks don't matter, really. I mean, if she was absolutely gorgeous, would what she wrote have been any less awful? I'm sure there are people who feel how she feels who genuinely have some measure of reason for it, but there is a way to put that in writing that isn't this... high-handed. High-handed isn't even a good word for it. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read. It's just so thoroughly arrogant in the worst possible way.
    Yup. I'm taking classes with a few modelesque, downright GORGEOUS women and they are extremely nice and down-to-earth. One of them was even legitimately when we told her men don't hit on us 24/7 or follow us home all the time.

But I ain't gonna hate on Ms. Brick, it's good

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I've had people think I was "blatantly blanking" them as a drove by without waving. My driving instructor drilled me to not look in the cars I was approaching, or be distracted by waving to people.

I worked with a stunningly beautiful natural blonde and curvy woman this past summer. The men I worked with couldn't help but enjoy being around her- but the women I worked with loved her even more, because she was such a mature, pleasant, intelligent young woman.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast