Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Last photo in the gallery. Lysacek's new outfit. Brace yourselves, folks: there's gray in it. . . . and white. (along with the black.)

IN gallery from Ice Chips

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Last photo in the gallery. Lysacek's new outfit. Brace yourselves, folks: there's gray in it. . . . and white. (along with the black.)

Yes, but it's hideous. GO BACK TO BLACK, EVAN!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I agree - that combination of colours really doesn't do anything for him.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    YEs, that's one of the things that has always boggledme about Evan. Every year he's be quoted saying how he wanted to be different, but every piece of music he's ever skated to is same-old-same-old. But I wonder how much Lori Nichol has to do with that.
    I remember when Kwan made a huge deal out of doing something different for her FS in the 2001-2 season: she was going to play a character, and it wasn't even necessarily a likeable character. Then she skated to "Scheherezade."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I agree - that combination of colours really doesn't do anything for him.
    My problem was really with the empire waist. Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    Eventually he should go to school to learn how to manage all that money he has made.. Has anyone checked out his net worth? WOW! He doesn't want to end up like Arantxa Sanchez Vicario in tennis who relatively recently disclosed that she is nearly broke after making millions and millions of dollars all because she didn't know how to manage her money.. I too don't understand why he is coming back. He is not shooting for gold, at most he can hope for is silver..He beat Dai at the last olympics but Chan and his judging assistants have taken it to the next level.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash

He must have borrowed that "jumpsuit" from the estate of the late Jack LaLanne...

http://www.daytimetvphotos.com/other...ck-LaLaine.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jX9QklC3G4...+lalanne+3.jpg

http://www.acefitness.org/images/web...k-lalanne2.jpg

Oh, wait - Evan has modified it by adding long sleeves and a sporty v-neck!

It will certainly be interesting if he really does come back. Johnny, too...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I remember when Kwan made a huge deal out of doing something different for her FS in the 2001-2 season: she was going to play a character, and it wasn't even necessarily a likeable character. Then she skated to "Scheherezade."
    Oh? Sounds exactly like her miraculous mandarin lp. Are u sure she was talking about shez?

vCash
    I am curious what FSUers think about another skating suit. He introduced two new ones last weekend, the gray with the v-neck and this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ejhrap/...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marnian...7629740311251/

Is it too plain to wear in competition?

vCash
    Bear in mind that as reigning Olympic gold medalist, if Evan has any decent showing next year, he could stand to get a fair amount of endorsement money leading into the Winter Olympics. U.S. Sponsors will want recognizable American athletes and, while Shaun White, Gretchen Bleiler, and Lindsey Vonn will probably be the biggest names in terms of marketing (I'm assuming Apollo Ohno does not compete), there always is some demand for figure skaters, since it is the Olympics' biggest ratings draw in the U.S. Evan will probably be the most recognizable name, even if Davis & White were to beat V/M next year and come to the Olympics as reigning world champions.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Oh? Sounds exactly like her miraculous mandarin lp. Are u sure she was talking about shez?
    Yes. It was a new program that hadn't yet been seen when she gave the interview, and she'd already done Miraculous Mandarin. I wish she had done that program, the last one of hers I liked.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dariko View Post
    I am curious what FSUers think about another skating suit. He introduced two new ones last weekend, the gray with the v-neck and this:

No, imo.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I'm glad Evan changed agents. It seemed pretty clear last Fall that his agent didn't understand figure skating and, as a result, really screwed him over.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Do we know why Evan left IMG to begin with? Was it that CAA was more entertainment-oriented?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/04/187530.htm

Shep Goldberg is a fast worker. Kwan connection?
    Oh, for sure, I think connections definitely abound. As MK's manager, Shep is likely to have contact with many officials in the U.S. State Department. Evan has a close relationship with Michelle too, likely partly due to the Frank Carroll connection. And now, Karen Kwan Oppegard will be working with Evan on his training. In Evan's uber thread, there was a cute picture posted of Evan and Karen with Karen's daughters at a Disney premiere.

Perhaps too bad that Evan didn't snap up Shep initially instead of CAA, when he decided to leave IMG.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Do we know why Evan left IMG to begin with? Was it that CAA was more entertainment-oriented?
    I've never head why. I wonder if Evan was approached by CAA first. Or, whether it came about as a result of his appearance on DWTS (or did that gig come after he switched to CAA)? Perhaps Evan thought, "Well, CAA represents Shaun White, so maybe that's the way for me to go too. X-games!" If so, Evan forgot to factor in how different figure skating is from other sports. Had he not been interested in coming back to eligible skating, then CAA might have worked, but still Evan's visibility and marketability as a figure skater is not the same as the other athletes CAA represents.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I agree with Iceman that the blue and black jumpsuit looks okay. The gray and black with white V neck isn't that special. My favorite Evan outfit is the one he wore for his Espana Cani program (his eager puppy dog days) -- it was black, but the military-style jacket was emblazoned with shiny gold sequins (a la M. Jackson), and he wore a red sash at his waist and a red tie. In the past, Evan has also worn tops of different colors, including red, blue, and cream.

Now, though, Evan seems to be afraid of bright colors, or colors in general, not to mention sequins.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 04-08-2012 at 05:26 AM.

vCash

No, but it's too plain for shows. Also shaving would be nice.

vCash

It's too plain to wear anywhere. Plus the combination of the vertical seams and the empire waist is really odd-looking (and not in a good way). This makes me miss the sparkly snake.

If Evan wants to go monochrome, he would look really great in very strong colours. Shades of gray and black just look dull on him.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The cut of the pants reminds me of the costumes for Jiri Kylian's "Petite Mort"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7afrgC5l8I&t=1m7s

Some people might not care what color it is or how sparkly it is, as long as it's as revealing as it is in the second photo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Didn't MK have both programs that season? She debuted Miraculous Mandarin for a second LP at the GP Final, but the program was not well-received, so she kept the less controversial Schez for her lp that season, if I recall correctly.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Didn't MK have both programs that season? She debuted Miraculous Mandarin for a second LP at the GP Final, but the program was not well-received, so she kept the less controversial Schez for her lp that season, if I recall correctly.
    According to the YouTube videos, Kwan's two FS programs for 2001-2 GPF were Song of the Black Swan (Round 2) Scheherezade (Round 3). You can see "Kitchener" on the boards behind her.

Miraculous Mandarin was performed in Tokyo the year before. I don't see a YouTube video for her other FS in Tokyo, but "Song of the Black Swan" was her main FS that year. She also had learned the "Miraculous Mandarin" very quickly and had only practiced it for less than a month before GPF, while the interview she gave about her Olympic year program was in the pre-season (or at least before she first skated), before she did "Scheherezade". I was hoping she would do "Miraculous Mandarin" for her Olympic season.

The GPF dates are hard to track, because the same competition can be referred to by the entire season (2011-2 GPF, the way the ISU does it, at least now), the year they took place (2011 GPF because it took place December 2011), or the second year of the season (2012 GPF for this past season's GPF.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast