Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Evan Lysacek changes agents.

He is now working with Shep Goldberg.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...etitive-figure

There is also a little info on his disagreement with USFSA last fall.

vCash
    Thanks for the link! I think this will work well for Evan and wish him the best.

vCash
    Good for him, IMO.
    Cheer up, Evan!!! I will support you.

vCash
    I do not understand why he wants to return to competitive skating. He will soon be 27 and I wonder if he could even get on the podium with the likes of Chan, Taka and H?

He is a good student. He should go to school for something.

vCash
    Looking forward to his return. Curious as to why he feels the need to use Karen Kwan as a supplemental coach (is it again where Frank is located now?)
    after all, he is only a figure skater, no matter the buzz he got from finishing second on "Dancing With The Stars"

vCash
    Seems he is serious about coming back. Changing agents is a step in the right direction. I wonder how much he damaged his skating reputation during his I-am-a-star-and-too-good-for-skating phase. SOI (US) had a dismal run this year without him. He didn't go to Skate America after a place was held for him. Even if he is the greatest guy around- his agency made him look like an elitist snob. Here's hoping his new agency can present him in a more positive light. He has Olympic Gold! He needs the image to go with that.

He can be competitive if he can do 2 quads and a 3A in his FP..or 1 quad and two 3A's. We don't have a large stable of US men able to do that AND do everything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A judge View Post
    I do not understand why he wants to return to competitive skating.
    Maybe it's just because he enjoys it.

He should go to school for something.
    Again, if this is what he wanted to do, he would do it. Maybe he'd prefer to skate competitively at the moment, and go to school later. Maybe he doesn't want to go to school.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I wonder how much he damaged his skating reputation during his I-am-a-star-and-too-good-for-skating phase. SOI (US) had a dismal run this year without him.
    I agree he damaged his reputation. But SOI? SOI (US) this past year was the best it has been in many years, IMO. The cast was great! The choreography terrific. I do not think Evan was missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I agree he damaged his reputation. But SOI? SOI (US) this past year was the best it has been in many years, IMO. The cast was great! The choreography terrific. I do not think Evan was missed.

I meant in terms of number of shows/length of tour.

I hear it was a great show- unfortunately, the closest it came to me was a 13 hr drive one way. It used to come to the the neighboring town, 45 min away.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Looking forward to his return. Curious as to why he feels the need to use Karen Kwan as a supplemental coach (is it again where Frank is located now?) :
    in the Frank/Mirai thread the question was asked if Frank is heading into semi-retirement. This could be a reason for keeping him as main coach but working with a supplemental coach too.

PML, can you imagine if the reigning OGM is at Nebelhorn?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I wonder how much he damaged his skating reputation during his I-am-a-star-and-too-good-for-skating phase.
    I didn't ever get the "I am a star and too good for skating" impression from him. From what I saw, he was pretty clear that he was burned out after the Olympics and wanted to take a break and try some other things for a while.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    He is a good student. He should go to school for something.
    Eventually he should go to school to learn how to manage all that money he has made.. Has anyone checked out his net worth? WOW! He doesn't want to end up like Arantxa Sanchez Vicario in tennis who relatively recently disclosed that she is nearly broke after making millions and millions of dollars all because she didn't know how to manage her money.. I too don't understand why he is coming back. He is not shooting for gold, at most he can hope for is silver..He beat Dai at the last olympics but Chan and his judging assistants have taken it to the next level.

vCash
    What is his net worth? I assume when you write "Wow", it is a lot. Sanchez said her parents lost 60 million of her money, which , of course, they deny. I am really shocked she had that much money.

My only disappointment is his choice of Samson and Delilah for the long program. It is not that I don't think it is excellent music, but there is so much good music going unused and yet year after year, decade after decade----so many use the tired old war horses. Gee, even Fleming used it for her Olympic program, back in ancient times lol.

I don't think Evan would be putting himself through this again if he thought he could not possibly win gold. And it would certainly be self defeating for him to even think that way.
    Last edited by Iceman; 04-05-2012 at 10:50 PM.

vCash
    Samson & Delilah? Oh well, I guess it wouldn't be Evan if he weren't using a warhorse
    But hey, if he can get three spots back for US men, I am all for it -- I love his competitive spirit!
    Go Evan!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I didn't ever get the "I am a star and too good for skating" impression from him. From what I saw, he was pretty clear that he was burned out after the Olympics and wanted to take a break and try some other things for a while.
    ^^^
    THIS!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    I'll be at World's 2013 and hope Evan's there too. I saw him skate a poor SP in 2006 Calgary and come back so strong in the LP. Then I saw him in 2009 LA and was so happy with his win. Looking forward to a possible repeat of at least a great showing! Go Evan

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    My only disappointment is his choice of Samson and Delilah for the long program. It is not that I don't think it is excellent music, but there is so much good music going unused and yet year after year, decade after decade----so many use the tired old war horses. Gee, even Fleming used it for her Olympic program, back in ancient times lol.
    YEs, that's one of the things that has always boggledme about Evan. Every year he's be quoted saying how he wanted to be different, but every piece of music he's ever skated to is same-old-same-old. But I wonder how much Lori Nichol has to do with that.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Evan's definition of not that often used and other people's definition is different. I think he said that he liked Samson and Delilah because it was strong and repetitive, and not many skaters had used it before.

From what I gather, Lori often gets blamed for picking "warhorses", but in her interviews about Carolina Kostner, she said how relieved she is that she gets to use relatively unknown pieces for her. So, I think it probably is usually the skaters are uncomfortable with going out of the box... or else Lori realizes that they aren't capable of handling unknown pieces.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/04/187530.htm

Shep Goldberg is a fast worker. Kwan connection?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    WOW, that is impressive... Congratulations to Evan! Stockholm is great, but I just worry about Minsk, will he have to fly with Russian planes, LOL?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast