Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't know if the relationship would have worked even if he'd stayed local, but I'm guessing that the new location is going to pose problems for a lot of skaters.

vCash
    I don't find this too surprising. The length of commute back and forth was clearly too much. I don't know how productive one can be under those circumstances even when you're working with one of the best coaches in Frank Carroll.

As for her current coaching situation, maybe she'll pick a main coach after working with several different coaches and getting a feel for their coaching style.

vCash
    Not at all surprising, but I'm thrilled it's finally happened. I really don't think Frank and Mirai were good for one another- so potentially this could be much better.

vCash
    If she goes to Rafael it would be best, hope that happens. But she really needs someone who is going to push her and she said Rafael doesn't do that so much. I just really hope she makes the world team again, it'd be such a shame if it never happens again. Frank did give her really drab programs lately, so yeah maybe this will be ok.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I think Frank's on his way into retirement and moving to Palm Springs was part of that. He had to know that he'd lose students over the move and I suspect he wants to lose students so he can start taking it easier. I would be surprised if some big name now went to him to replace Mirai.

But I've been wrong before...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    well, I believe the drive to where Raphael is is also a long one.

vCash
    Not surprising. I hope the new coaching situation works for her.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I think Frank's on his way into retirement and moving to Palm Springs was part of that. He had to know that he'd lose students over the move and I suspect he wants to lose students so he can start taking it easier. I would be surprised if some big name now went to him to replace Mirai.

But I've been wrong before...
    I think you are correct. I suspect he will continue with work on and off with Evan, as long as Evan is skating in shows, (I don't think Evan is coming back) but it looks like at least semi retirement to me.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Rafael is based at Ice Castle in Lake Arrowhead, or at least he was last summer when Evan worked with him there.

vCash
    Who's with Mark Mitchell these days? Boston's a nice place , and a new start somewhere new might be helpful.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    I think this is the beginning of a lot of coach shuffling...especially with the Yuka / Jason fiasco

vCash
    I hope she goes with Artunian. He might be best for her. Oh and she needs to work a sports psychologist, ASAP. Wasn't Frank originally based where Artunian is now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    Who's with Mark Mitchell these days? Boston's a nice place , and a new start somewhere new might be helpful.
    Gao will be probably working with him once she starts Harvard, which will likely be next fall or the following fall. Right now the top skaters he has are Ross and Yasmin.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I just hope that the multiple coach situation is temporary and Mirai finds someone right for her and conveniently located.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Kinda reminiscent of Rachel Flatt--going away to college and leaving their long-time coach to work with a series of different coaches at different rinks.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I know people that sold houses they continue to miss in order to avoid an hour and a half drive both ways in traffic, so this makes sense to me.

vCash
    Everyone who works with Rafael ends up seriously injured. May be coincidence.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Mirai worked with Charlene Wong before. Is that still an option now?

vCash
    Would Mirai actually leave California?
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I thought Mirai was starting school at University of California-Irvine next Fall.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast