Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I also find it interesting that none of her top skaters have left her. Sandhu was a headcase and probably couldn't make a coaching change, even if someone would have taken him.
    Leung left her, but that may have been more Leung being fired as a student rather than choosing to leave. (And Leung did eventually come back.)

As to the others, I just find it strange. Skaters leave even well-respected coaches with a excellent track record. How can teams Leung, Ten and Reynolds be completely unaware if McLeod's is stalling her skaters progress?
    Obviously only those who are involved know what is going on in each of those relationships, but there is a pattern among all of those skaters when it comes to addressing problems/lack of progress....blaming it on someone else (usually the judges, for not
    marking them "appropriately").

IIRC someone (overedge?) said that 8 Rinks was embarrassed by McLeod but not willing to lose face by admitting it and that McLeod ran the rink like a tyrant.
    That wasn't said by me.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

Obviously only those who are involved know what is going on in each of those relationships, but there is a pattern among all of those skaters when it comes to addressing problems/lack of progress....blaming it on someone else (usually the judges, for not
    marking them "appropriately").
    You still wonder how they can't think that maybe getting a different coach wold get the different marks - if they think the judges are biased already?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

CONGRATS ON YOUR GOLDEN ACHEIVEMENT!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    great job kevin. well deserved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

CONGRATS ON YOUR GOLDEN ACHEIVEMENT!!!
    Yes, congratulations!!! Kevin really has improved so much over the last few years. He has many more transitions and is using his arms and body with the music. Way to go Kevin!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    He still skates rather slow and even his jumps are not that impressive even though he does land them. His PCS was way to high for someone of his skating skills. I don't see him getting those kind of scores at Worlds or the top skaters collapsing like they did at 4CC.

vCash
    Oh, maybe, but let's celebrate today and qibble tomorrow. His happy face at the medal ceremony was delightful, and it is now more likely that, with any luck at all, he and Patrick will get our three spots.
    Of course, Disc and Yuzuru will have their good days again. And Javi should do well too. Who wouldn't want them to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    He still skates rather slow and even his jumps are not that impressive even though he does land them. His PCS was way to high for someone of his skating skills. I don't see him getting those kind of scores at Worlds or the top skaters collapsing like they did at 4CC.
    Like Corianna said, let's celebrate today and quibble tomorrow.

The fact that Kevin has had two excellent competitions really bodes well for Worlds. While the judges may give him a PCS boost now that he's won a major championship, his improvements deserve recognition.

Skating skills and stroking do need work, as do the flip and Lutz. But I have to say that 4S just floated effortlessly. And if he hit the planned 3F+3Lo like he did at Nationals, his TES would've been even higher. I also really liked his combination spin at the end.

Good job Kevin!

vCash
    OMG, Kevin won't win the Olympics?!?! Thanks so much for the reality check.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    OMG, Kevin won't win the Olympics?!?! Thanks so much for the reality check.
    Well, remember, we denizens of Canuckistan have no sense of reality when it comes to our skaters so we do need that kick in the pants ever so often. Isn't is great that there are so many who are willing to oblige?
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Indeed, and I've been especially when they're sitting behind me at events, and share their opinions of our delusions with two or three rows of us.

vCash
    Of course, that should have read especially thankful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Well, remember, we denizens of Canuckistan have no sense of reality when it comes to our skaters so we do need that kick in the pants ever so often. Isn't is great that there are so many who are willing to oblige?
    Yes what would we do without their insight? Anyway Congrats Kevin! I was stunned when I heard but truly happy for him. I hope he enjoys his moment and it inspires him even more

vCash
    Hey, guys, it's Eric and Megan for Gold and MTM silver yet again. Three points apart.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Yes indeed...Congratulations Kevin and Well Done!!

Are there things Kevin still has to work on? Yes, there is. However, let's look at the positive here for the moment. I honestly thought Kevin would never ever find someone in the Skating Choreography ranks who, not only wanted to help him w/his programs and presence on the ice, but also doing that w/out attempting to change Kevin into a skater that he isn't. That's when Shae-Lynn came in Stage Right and what she's been able to both give and get out of Kevin the past couple of years is just so very impressive.

He really has come a long way. I just wish I could have seen it. None of the online links to players/networks that were doing live streaming Thursday night/Friday morning worked for me, so I didn't bother trying last night/this morning. My body then thought catching up on lost sleep from following anything live from Japan the last two days was more important, than catching the CBC broadcast this afternoon. Oh well...I'm sure it'll be on YouTube before the end of the weekend.

The picture of Kevin after the Medal Ceremony, where he's proudly holding up his Gold Medal, the grin on his face said it all. I'm actually amazed they bothered w/the spotlight for it actually. Kevin was beaming so brightly, he could have lit his own path around the rink afterwards.

Congratulations to Canada's newest member of the "I am a Four Continents Champion!!!" Club!!!
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 02-10-2013 at 05:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    The picture of Kevin after the Medal Ceremony, where he's proudly holding up his Gold Medal, the grin on his face said it all. I'm actually amazed they bothered w/the spotlight for it actually. Kevin was beaming so brightly, he could have lit his own path around the rink afterwards.

Congratulations to Canada's newest member of the "I am a Four Continents Champion!!!" Club!!!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Canada will be hard to beat in Team competition!!

vCash
    His long at the 4CC was choreographed by a Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto, a former ice dancer. He's the one that choreographed 'Eye', Daisuke's short during the Vancouver Olys, by the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Oh, maybe, but let's celebrate today and quibble tomorrow. His happy face at the medal ceremony was delightful, and it is now more likely that, with any luck at all, he and Patrick will get our three spots.
    Of course, Disc and Yuzuru will have their good days again. And Javi should do well too. Who wouldn't want them to?
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Like Corianna said, let's celebrate today and quibble tomorrow.

The fact that Kevin has had two excellent competitions really bodes well for Worlds. While the judges may give him a PCS boost now that he's won a major championship, his improvements deserve recognition.

Skating skills and stroking do need work, as do the flip and Lutz. But I have to say that 4S just floated effortlessly. And if he hit the planned 3F+3Lo like he did at Nationals, his TES would've been even higher. I also really liked his combination spin at the end.

Good job Kevin!
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Yes indeed...Congratulations Kevin and Well Done!!

Are there things Kevin still has to work on? Yes, there is. However, let's look at the positive here for the moment. I honestly thought Kevin would never ever find someone in the Skating Choreography ranks who, not only wanted to help him w/his programs and presence on the ice, but also doing that w/out attempting to change Kevin into a skater that he isn't. That's when Shae-Lynn came in Stage Right and what she's been able to both give and get out of Kevin the past couple of years is just so very impressive.

He really has come a long way. I just wish I could have seen it. None of the online links to players/networks that were doing live streaming Thursday night/Friday morning worked for me, so I didn't bother trying last night/this morning. My body then thought catching up on lost sleep from following anything live from Japan the last two days was more important, than catching the CBC broadcast this afternoon. Oh well...I'm sure it'll be on YouTube before the end of the weekend.

Nicely done, Kevin!

vCash
    Congratulations to Kevin. I admire his perserverance, and also how far he has come artistically in the last two years. The marks here reflected not only his jumping ability but also his artistry. That's a significant achievement for him.

But I still want him to leave Joanne McLeod.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast