Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    OK maybe he has an outside shot IF somehow Johnny returns in great form AND Evan doesnt return with him (which isnt what this thread title is about anyway). He will have to blow the others off the ice though as he was never a favorite of the USFSA and after his tell all book they will have their scalpels ready should he ever show up at Nationals again. Also his best performances came 6th at the 2010 Olympics where the caliber of skating was frankly quite poor. That would indicate probably something more like a 12th place finish amongst todays field which is infinitely stronger based on how international judges see his skating, and this is with what was his best possible skating when he was last in peak condition and a regular competitor. So unless he comes back skating at a much higher level than he was in 2010 (triple axels were easy for him even then) the US judges have no reason to think he is even any more competitive internationally than their current struggling crop, and have more reason to invest in the up and comers who still could improve if given the experience. Not to mention Abbott always skates well at Nationals and was beating Johnny very easily at Nationals back when he last competed in 2010. There is definitely no reason to believe that will change, especialy when the USFSA doesnt even like Weir. It would take a rare bad Nationals for Abbott like 2011 to open up any cracks for Weir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Can't they just create a rivalry between 2 other skaters? Like Miner-Rippon or Farris-Brown? I mean, I hope they don't, but it wouldn't be that difficult to do honestly. They don't need Johnny and Evan to come back to have news stories, plus neither will be competitive without a quad, which I doubt either has at this point considering they weren't doing them during the Olympic season. The press can get news stories about other skaters without these two coming back.
    Here's hoping we don't get people attempting to create a Farris-Brown rivalry (although I believe we agreed on that in another thread! )

I love a good battle as much as the next person, but why, in FS, must there always be a "rivalry" hyped up by the press? In the case of Farris-Brown, why not take an angle about a young talented US TEAM taking on the world? Why always make it "Skater A vs Skater B"?

vCash
    Just rewatched my tape of Johnny's interview at US Nationals & he said he wasn't coming back for medals. He is training & wants to come back for himself & because his family & fans want him to. He wants to "bring back my sexy". I assume he means his style & beauty on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    ^ Not so fast. Weir is looking very focused and serious in training. 3As are now looking simple for him, and he is about 50% on the 4T from what I have seen. Do not count him out yet!
    His 3As were always gorgeous. Little stinker apparently got this jump in 3 weeks. Making the rest of us insanely jealous at how easily some of this stuff has come to him.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I will second that - Weir is looking quite serious about his training down in Hackensack. I'm not saying he will do well at Nationals or Worlds, but that his intent really does seem to be to try to make this comeback happen.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    ^Maybe Weir wants to show the USFSA that, with the state of US men, they need him and just maybe, they will have to kiss his ring

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234