Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    If I may interject here. In less than 3 weeks, we will find out who the top figure skating nation is.
    Carry on.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    678
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    If I may interject here. In less than 3 weeks, we will find out who the top figure skating nation is.
    Carry on.
    Yes when everyone is tired of competing .. the most important competition is worlds/Olympics and that will never change with any skating federation.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    9,135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33672
    Also, having 2 entries in pairs and dance instead of singles would change the results.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    yes chan did=why they cheated for him-vm.

    canada raised a fuss in 2002 due to the dance tradeoff.

    i wonder now if canada is doing the same with v/m. and patrick chan.

    yes want to make chan like michelle--isn't -never blantantly cheated for michelle-in fact mistakes was costly too her.
    even skating clean--costly to her.

    chan kept up despite mistakes.

    dance had canadian tech specialist.

    so it seems the only way canada can be on top is by bitching and cheating. n not by fair play and following the rules, more like flaunting the rules.
    arrogance doesn't sell--marketability will be affected after leave sport when public opinion decides who gets what and how much.
    This is such bu**sh*t!

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Yes, Canada is the power, especially that neither of their gold medalists deserved the win

    I know, I know, a troublemaker I am.
    In your dreams... Such sour grapes. Yeah Canada. Your gold medalists TOTALLY deserved your medals because V&M and Chan are clearly the Best in the World

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm not denying that V/M and Patrick are great skaters, but there is no denying that the two Canadian wins---V/M's win against D/W and Patrick placing first in the long program---are the two results that are being most hotly contested amongst all of the 2012 placements.

    It sort of reinforced the image that Canadians are desperate to claw on to a gold medal even if it means jeopardizing any future that theses potential stars may have after their win/non-win, which I think is a case of incredible short-sightedness.

    Canada should just trust their most talented athletes to bring home gold for them! And if they don't, they'd still be great figure skaters!

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11163
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    It sort of reinforced the image that Canadians are desperate to claw on to a gold medal even if it means jeopardizing any future that theses potential stars may have after their win/non-win, which I think is a case of incredible short-sightedness.
    And Canada is doing what exactly to ensure that these fake medalists earn gold? Like, maybe Debbie Wilkes is giving Cinquanta special favours in the backrooms where deals are made. Or maybe all those dollars the Chans raised for Patrick's training are lining Cinquanta's pockets, given that Patrick is incapable of winning on his own merits?


    Canada should just trust their most talented athletes to bring home gold for them! And if they don't, they'd still be great figure skaters!


    So Canada doesn't trust its athletes and ensures their gold medals in advance. Again, this happens how?

    I'm sure you've got plenty of hard evidence to support your argument. Maybe you should take it to the media, then. Aren't we overdue for a story on corruption in figure skating?

    Heck, given all the insider info you appear to have, magnolia, maybe you should just publish a book yourself. Then you could share your amazing knowledge of cheating in Figure Skating far and wide, and your fame would extend far beyond FSU.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Let me just say that fan criticism of certain outcomes is often taken as criticism of the skater in question, and that's not so. I admire V/M's and Patrick's skating. I really do. And I think they are perfectly capable of winning gold, if they skate without any mistakes and are not skating on their off days.

    Answer me this: why aren't Carolina's or S/S's win this time not getting similar flack?

    If all winners automatically get bashed by fans of other skaters, Carolina and S/S should get an equal amount of grief, right? All winners of every single competition should provoke the same amount of venom, but this doesn't happen. And I don't think it's just fan paranoia ganging up against Canada here either, because V/M didn't get bashed for winning Gold at Vancouver. In that case, it was crystal clear that they won, fair and square.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Answer me this: why aren't Carolina's or S/S's win this time not getting similar flack?
    Because V/T bombed the short compare to S/S, and ladiezz silver is Leonova.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Every discipline has waves of good times and building years... it's just the way it goes...

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2529
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    This is such bu**sh*t!
    The poster that you quoted has been on my ignore list for a very long time. Just saying...

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    wherever they cheer for Davis/White
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I'm not denying that V/M and Patrick are great skaters, but there is no denying that the two Canadian wins---V/M's win against D/W and Patrick placing first in the long program---are the two results that are being most hotly contested amongst all of the 2012 placements.
    I'd also question Patrick's lead after short. Brezina was the best.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    bbken--
    i didn't think canadians would like it.
    why- they did complain about 2002 yet-now there own are doing it by complain about scores, and people too high now it is xxxx for canada.


    that is why figure skating has to be ABOVE BOARD in all discplines and in EVERY ASPECT of the sport.

    IT is judge--people perceive it how they did and it DOES AFFECT MARKETABILITY not only of the sport but of the skater/team as well.



    diminishing any aspect of it -the public might assume different -you may not know it until too late.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    bbken--
    i didn't think canadians would like it.
    why- they did complain about 2002 yet-now there own are doing it by complain about scores, and people too high now it is xxxx for canada.


    that is why figure skating has to be ABOVE BOARD in all discplines and in EVERY ASPECT of the sport.

    IT is judge--people perceive it how they did and it DOES AFFECT MARKETABILITY not only of the sport but of the skater/team as well.



    diminishing any aspect of it -the public might assume different -you may not know it until too late.
    nm...
    Crazy about sports!

  15. #35
    Tinami 2012
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    11,445
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    6863
    Skate Canada deserves high accolades for getting on board with Code of Points early and training their skaters and coaches on the system better than anyone else. Every Canadian skater goes out with programs that maximize their scoring potential. It's unfair to say this is "gaming" the system. It's skating according to the rules of the day. Sure, there's a dash of politiks, too, but politiks can take you only so far.

    Regardless of whether or not Canada is the strongest figure skating nation (and with two World Champs, I think there's an argument), the success of the Canadian federation should be a shining example to others. Build your skating program around the Code of Points system. Train your skaters and coaches on it. Emphasize in your national judging and in your assignments the success factors for Code of Points. And monitor, monitor, monitor.

    People act like it's some sekret recipe, but it's really all about strategy and discipline at the federation level. Right now, no one does it better than Skate Canada.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •