vCash

Question about universalsports.com

I have a friend who is purchasing a computer this summer and is interested in watching skating on it. I've told her about icenetwork.com and generally what it offers - no commentary except for SA; a lot of comps including regionals, sectionals, GPs, GPS, US Nationals, other shows like Disson.
    Also told her about the extra fee for 4CC and Worlds. It seems like for regionals and sectionals the coverage is ondemand later and not live streaming, but I can't remember for sure . Anyone remember how they are covered?

But, I've never used universalsports.com. From youtube clips I know that Universal Sports on tv has commentary, but what about universalsports.com? Do they cover US regionals, sectionals, and Disson and other shows?

Universal Sports on TV is not possible for either of us so the computer is about the only option.

She loves watching novice and junior levels - especially pairs and dance so full coverage of Nationals would be good.

Thanks for any help

Vacant
    vCash
    Moved this to the TV Alerts forum. Hope someone is able to help

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    It seems like for regionals and sectionals the (icenetwork) coverage is ondemand later and not live streaming, but I can't remember for sure
    Yes, IceNetwork (IN) shows regionals and sectionals on-demand. IN has full, live coverage of US Nationals. Here is a link listing what IN showed this season: http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp

But, I've never used universalsports.com. From youtube clips I know that Universal Sports on tv has commentary, but what about universalsports.com?
    Universalsports.com live-streams events without commentary, generally, for subscribers.
    Universalsports.com viewers guide
    After the event concludes and has been broadcast on Universal Sports TV, they also have available on-demand (to watch by subscribers online) the TV broadcast (generally with commentary).
    For the grand prix series, universalsports.com does not live stream Skate America because only IN has the online rights for that USFSA competition (same case for US Nationals).

Do they (Universalsports.com) cover US regionals, sectionals, and Disson and other shows?
    No. Disson shows are shown on NBC and repeated on Ovation. IN streams Disson shows from the previous year (i.e. streaming a 2011 show in 2012).

In my opinion, your friend should go with icenetwork unless she really wants to hear commentary.
    Icenetwork has commentary for Nationals (seniors only) and Skate America (not 100% sure about skate america).

vCash
    Thanks alot HisWeirness. I am happy with IN (most problems I had have been worked out) and am glad not to have to listen to the constant chatter.

Not sure which way my friend will go but your summary should be a big help. Thanks so much