Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,006 of 1006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Doesn't take much to imagine how the results might be if everyone sent two entries in each category. US would probably win and Russia would probably medal. Canada still has to deal with their ladies so the handicap for them will never change
    Understood, but there's no saying for sure that the Japanese ladies will always deliver as well as some of the other ladies (save the Canadians). From another standpoint, Kozuka hasn't skated too well this season, either. It's not impossible that the USA or Canada could have overtaken Japan in this competition. It didn't happen, but I don't really buy into the idea that the event was a shoo-in for Japan to win. In 2009, USA won.

From what I gather, the Olympic team competition will feature just one entry in every discipline. That should be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    Taka and Suzuki had the motivation to do well at home and certainly wanted a gold after the disappointment of Nice. same for DW. anger makes you work.
    not sure why everyone must love an event and its format. no one is diminishing the skaters or their fun or medals. far more disrespectul things are said on boards toward them and they often go unnoticed. 'shrughs'
    I agree. I really liked the event because of what that motivation did for some skaters (especially Abbott in the SP) along with the cheesiness of the K&C, but I do agree that it is ill-timed and the format is a bit odd. It is a different kind of competition, and it is perfectly understandable that some fans won't like it. I don't think it is fair to say that some fans' lack of interest in the event is necessarily due to sour grapes, and I agree, no one has said anything to diminish the skaters from what I have read. I didn't mean to imply that in my previous post. Some of us really liked WTT, others didn't, and there's nothing wrong with that. and we will never all agree on anything in this thread, which makes it so interesting

hmmmmm, so many good thread titles have been suggested....I think I still like m_chenning's suggestion of "the best is yet to come," but it is so hard to choose. thanks for all the suggestions, everyone
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-22-2012 at 09:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    virtue/moir - love 'n' life

after the love 'n' life stars on ice canada tour
    I like that . We Canadians have to be careful not to offend anyone , and what could be more inoffensive, especially after all the negativity towards Canadians and Canadian skaters that I've read on this and other boards.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    1000+ posts in 23 days, that's good.
    my vote is for love 'n' life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Nice photo.

Everyone except Patrick is dressed to the nines. Is it me, or does he look like he's dropped by from IT to fix their iPhones?
    to that but I've really seen worse with other teams, a couple other guys were quite dressed down for the occasion, maybe they wanted to make the ladies in their teams shine even more by comparison than they usually do. Nice of them if that was the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Maybe this is just me, but i think T-S improve this exibition compare to WCh.They did first element, wich they couldnt made at WCh. Tessa is reall star of this ex? she is shining
    When they dance in one place - amazing. But they need a lot of work to do with skating part - they need to sakte in music. Hope Kurt will help them
    So season is over we could have rest!

I agree, pani, and I actually think I am falling in love with their new exhibition number even though I am not quite excited with their music choice. Sort of the same situation as Funny Face. lol I am sure they will perfect this program by the time of their next outing.
    Liked the color of Tessa's panties. Yeah, I ca be that frivolous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Maybe this is just me, but i think T-S improve this exibition compare to WCh.
    They did first element, wich they couldnt made at WCh. Tessa is reall star of this ex? she is shining
    +2

I loved this number even more this time

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051