Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    what a glittering outfit for Tessa in the gala...love it.

vCash
    I loved it... most importantly, they look like they were having so much fun , in a "eh, this program is new, we're really having to think it through, but hell lets just have fun together and laugh" kind of way.

vCash
    I wish Tessa and Scott had skated to Dirty Dancing at the gala, it would have been such a hot dance.

Not sure the music for V/M's new ex number is my cup of tea but their dance was pretty entertaining to watch. Nice and cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    I loved it... most importantly, they look like they were having so much fun , in a "eh, this program is new, we're really having to think it through, but hell lets just have fun together and laugh" kind of way.
    Yes. It was new and rough and didn't really like the dress but what stood out the most was they seemed happy and just wanted to enjoy themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Yes. It was new and rough and didn't really like the dress but what stood out the most was they seemed happy and just wanted to enjoy themselves.
    I agree, it was rough, and the dress was not my fave either but I can see it progressing if Scott can stop goofing off in practice and the best part was they looked like they had so much fun together being the champs again.

That article, first off I agree I hate hearing 'the twilight of our career' it's makes it sound like they're ancient. I hope they can keep the philosophy/attitude that they have up to Sochi, it's a good one and I like the comment some one posted on the bottom '"The secret to failure is trying to please everybody'

Lastly, I hate 'the hunted/hunter' BS it reminds me of Elvis and he was on t.v. just yesterday, semi-bashing Chan and rambling on about 'the hunter & the hunted" Why the Canadian media has latched onto that term I will never no, but quit it.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    "Ain't No Mountain" is one of my favorite songs ever. The program is still rough, and you can tell they're having to pay more attention to remembering the steps instead of performing, but I already sort of love this. I think it'll be fantastic once they've had a chance to get comfortable with it.

I have mixed feelings on the dress. It's very appropriate for the time period that the song is from, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

vCash
    Here it is for people who haven't seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TISCv...eature=channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Very very trivial question but I'm very curious, why are world medals so small? Does it contain or are made up of high quantity of real gold, silver, bronze? Some special Druid amulet or voodoo incantation? I mean it's the sports biggest event next to the Olympics and my best in science medal in grade school is bigger (even though of course it's insignificant to what the medalist have achieved. ) I mean TS now have 5 worlds medals and combined, it all probably would look still puny next to the Olympic medal. Like I said very trivial, but perplexing and rather amusing to me...
    Seriously, I've always wondered the same thing. It looks like it the size of a penny

YEAH!
    vCash
    That was cute! Too bad the ISU never did the disco OD/SD.

from the article:
    After the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City, Moir had suggested that their marks were too low. Their coach Marina Zoueva still says that.
    Since when was Marina saying that?

vCash
    She said that in an interview. I don't have a link, but I remember reading it last week or earlier this week, I can't remember that either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    That was cute! Too bad the ISU never did the disco OD/SD.
    I know. I was deprived of a B/A Disco OD and it makes me very sad.

from the article:

Since when was Marina saying that?
    I've seen that Marina quote in quite a few articles this week, and I'm scratching my head too, because I don't remember at all her saying V/M's scores were too low at the GPF.

vCash
    yes she did in one of the pre-worlds articles...just before the SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Seriously, I've always wondered the same thing. It looks like it the size of a penny
    ISU is stingy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    yes she did in one of the pre-worlds articles...just before the SD.
    I know she did. I may be misinterpreting, but I felt like in the articles it was trying to be insinuated that she said that at the time of the GPF, which I'm sure she didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post

That article, first off I agree I hate hearing 'the twilight of our career' it's makes it sound like they're ancient.
    ahahahah...this. makes me immediately think of Scott and Tessa sitting on rocky chairs before a fireplace, recalling the good old days with a crocky voice. it also reminds of vampires and stuff.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I know she did. I may be misinterpreting, but I felt like in the articles it was trying to be insinuated that she said that at the time of the GPF, which I'm sure she didn't.
    Maybe she is bandwagon-jumping after the win at 4CC...

or maybe Fedor and Meryl broke up

vCash
    The exhibition is okay - I love watching them any time - so thanks for sharing the link as I slept in today and don't get to see it until tonight on CBC.

I always enjoy their exhibitions - but generally I don't go back and watch too many of them. They are probably too busy trying to be the best they can be with their competition programs and being careful with Tessa's legs- but I think they could have much better EX programs than they tend to.

I know some people say it's cheesy - but I loved their ballet / hockey guy program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Right around the time where people started to write in places like this that 1) They should jump ship and leave Canton b/c S/Z were pulling their weight behind D/W and 2) When others started to say that V/M won 4CC and Worlds because Scott complained.

vCash
    Can someone remember specifically whether Marina said this immediately after 4CC vs just before Worlds? I seem to recall the latter but can't be certain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Can someone remember specifically whether Marina said this immediately after 4CC vs just before Worlds? I seem to recall the latter but can't be certain.
    she said that on March 26th.

"Even on Monday, following their first practice here, the couple’s coach Marina Zoueva — she also coaches Davis and White — was not letting go of that allegedly misjudged event: “The marks were a little bit low, definitely under-marked."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/articl...the-judges-say

to me it sounds like she was criticizing the judges more than implying that TS were better than DW.
    Last edited by martyross; 04-01-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast