Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I love this with all my heart. They would knock it out of the park.

David Usher used a sample of The Flower Duet in Black Black Heart, it makes you drool, too: http://youtu.be/eW_zqMdpCn0.

LOVE this version of Black, Black Heart...also love the slower, more pedantic version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8U4C-zYrFUg

This would definitely be a departure for V&M and I would love to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    LOVE this version of Black, Black Heart...also love the slower, more pedantic version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8U4C-zYrFUg

This would definitely be a departure for V&M and I would love to see it.
    Hmm, it would especially be interesting if VM chose music by a Canadian artist with World's being Canada. Is that why there've been suggestions for Antares, and David Usher? If so, I juuust made the connection. Oy, better late than never. Oooh great Canadian artists...so many to choose from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Hmm, it would especially be interesting if VM chose music by a Canadian artist with World's being Canada. Is that why there've been suggestions for Antares, and David Usher? If so, I juuust made the connection. Oy, better late than never. Oooh great Canadian artists...so many to choose from.
    One reason why I like the Sarah McLaughlin one "Silence".

I am enjoying your blog as well Iggie....great job!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Honestly, i have feeling, they all know, what they will skate next season and at OG
    Some beautiful T-S photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/skating...0225/lightbox/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Honestly, i have feeling, they all know, what they will skate next season and at OG
    Some beautiful T-S photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/skating...0225/lightbox/
    Yes. I got the feeling in the interview with Wilson and another that they have their ideas picked out and were excited to see what their coaches did with those .

vCash
    Just wanna give you a big thanks too iggie. Your blog isI go there often. It's the best and I appreciate all of your hard work.

vCash
    I too agree that the music for the next two years is picked out.

Thanks for the lovely pictures,Pani. Tessa looks so happy in every one of them. The smile is shining out of her eyes. Our Scotty looks pretty debonair as well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I too agree that the music for the next two years is picked out.

Thanks for the lovely pictures,Pani. Tessa looks so happy in every one of them. The smile is shining out of her eyes. Our Scotty looks pretty debonair as well!
    They had "sunny funny faces" Its funny, but after WCh i love this FD
    From another side, Scott said they struggle now with music choice

vCash
    Tessa and Scott, please, please, pick something that shows off your dance technique!

Per Sliver's post in the Worlds FD thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Ive said this before but the problem with V/M and D/V is not the music or the 'themes' they choose. As someone rightly pointed out, V/M have not used repetitive themes. The issue with these 2 couples is the repertoire of movement. The way they 'dance', move their bodies, transition from one element to the next. The way the lifts are constructed etc...You can give them any music and they will generally 'dance' it in the same way. There is little research in the movement. It is a very traditional, stripped down, simple way of moving. This is why fans love V/M 09 free dance because they tried to move differently. The music and the theme are not going to change anything, they need new 'moves', new lifts, new transitions.
    I know that's one of the reason's I'm a fan of the Pink Floyd FD! It's also what I loved about their Latin FD (that we saw only once! )

With V/M, you have two great skaters with good chemistry that actually know how to dance. What a rare combination! It's time to put all those elements together.

As the reigning Olympic and 2-time World Champions, they have nothing left to prove. It's time to start cementing their legacy. IMO, the best way to do that is to do things that no other team can do, and probably won't be able to do for a long time after V/M retire. That's what will make them legends.

What can no other team do? Move like true dancers! I want to see programs that show off their dance technique. I want to see true blues, true jazz, true hip-hop, etc., adapted to ice. Please, please, V/M! Don't disappoint!

ETA: I do think that Funny Face was a step in this direction. I guess what I'd like to see is something that is clearly different (the way that the movement in Pink Floyd was dramatically different from what we saw in Umbrellas of Cherbourg).
    Last edited by sap5; 04-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Didnt they made this in last year FD? They took samba and rhumba and dance this dance on ice LOike people said- they like dance without skates.
    Honestly, i read a lot off negative opinions about PF FD
    They dance quik-step this year, slpw foxtrot....

Do you think D-W show something new?
    I didnt read WCh thread, because i dont want to read this uber oipnions. But you need to bring this in V-M thread

I really like how they move in FF and in new exibition.

vCash
    Do you think D-W show something new?
    I didnt read WCh thread, because i dont want to read this uber oipnions. But you need to bring this in V-M thread
    Pani, Sliver's whole post from the pbp thread was an excellent one and he/she is right in many ways. Including the way Meryl and Charlie were scored - too highly - in the first part of the season, and the repetitive moves. That's why I too think Tessa and Scott could really use an outside choreographer, fresh ideas. I'm quoting here the main part of Sliver's post, in which you can see that he agrees with the result and considers T&S the best and the rightful winners.

One of the best last groups we have had an ages, it was really amazing, even though I enjoyed 3-4-5 more than the top 2.

It's so simplistic for fans to say, leave your coaches and move to Zhulin or move to Krylova. There is a million things to consider: families, finances, habit, not to mention federations etcetc. Who says Krylova/C will take rivals to Pechalat and Weaver? Why would I want to uproot my life, leave the best coaching team in the world (love them or hate them) when they've given me 2 world titles and an Olympic one. Not everyone is chasing artistic genius and integrity. Some skaters are in it to skate beautifully and win. Just playing devil's advocate...

Ive said this before but the problem with V/M and D/V is not the music or the 'themes' they choose. As someone rightly pointed out, V/M have not used repetitive themes. The issue with these 2 couples is the repertoire of movement. The way they 'dance', move their bodies, transition from one element to the next. The way the lifts are constructed etc...You can give them any music and they will generally 'dance' it in the same way. There is little research in the movement. It is a very traditional, stripped down, simple way of moving. This is why fans love V/M 09 free dance because they tried to move differently. The music and the theme are not going to change anything, they need new 'moves', new lifts, new transitions.

Back to tonight, I have never judged D/W as being better than V/M, not in any department. To me it was closer in 09 and 10, so I am not sure why the judges decided to shower 10's on D/W all season, yet they were beaten quite convincingly here. It doesnt look like there was a US judge on the panel and one of the callers was Canadian, that must have helped a tiny bit.
    I am sure D/W are a bit wtf at the result and I dont blame them. 'You are the best, you are the best' all year, then at the most important event, 'ermm sorry you're not'. Still I am pleased the best couple in the world won. The difference between the 2 is more obvious in the SD for me. D/W's short dance should not even be second. Both free dances are not masterpieces. But in a 'random' non olympic or pre olympic year, I guess they both took their feet off the gas.

vCash
    Its my IMHO - i didnt see nothing usuall in V-M Samba FD.
    Even more - D-W made the same lifts during 6 years and skate waltz during last 3 years, but for FSU they alwayse show something new.
    http://s019.radikal.ru/i634/1204/5d/7e0599d6d1d7.jpg
    Great reaction on V-M gold from coaches

vCash
    Suggesting that V/M continue to build in the direction of translating true floor technique and movement to the ice is not actually synonymous with saying anything whatsoever about D/W, but whatever floats your boat.

Regarding blues dance, I'd have to imagine that, given what they've shown the last couple of years, if they were to go in that direction in one of the next two seasons, they'd draw upon inspiration from the floor rather than prior blues ice dance programs, and to that end, I think there's quite a bit of movement that would translate well enough. It would also be a major challenge, but one to which they, most of all, would be very well-suited. This channel has some great programs that really showcase the style's complexity.

vCash
    All years T-S compete in seniors there so many criticism about them and there programs. Like this two are worst ice dance team ever.
    People didnt notice nothing good and new, but focused attention on any little mistake.
    And no place i could didnt read about this.
    But i think this two deserve to do what they want and hope they will enjoy this next two years (this is reall pleaser for me they will skate two more seasons). So i will try enjoy there skating and maybe need to not read internet. Nothing interesting and new - just the same things since 2007

vCash
    ahahah the pic posted by pani made me laugh hard, i should put it on my desktop! those two are definitely fledermaus uber
    regarding the music choice, Scott contradicted himself a bit,first saying that they were excited for the "vision" the coaches have for them in the next 2 years, then,that they dont have a clue yet about the direction to take. who knows!
    im not sure about translating real dance onto the ice. doesnt sound very original. i suspect we'll see something innovative again like in 2009,and then back to classic for the Olys, maybe something related to Russia. after all Zoueva is Russian
    and..well, they will get criticized no matter what. people will find negative things to say on any music they chose and thats unavoidable when you are. truely the best. always been so and always will be.
    pani, i dont believe you started liking funny face only after worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    pani, i dont believe you started liking funny face only after worlds
    This is truth After i saw all this acting "live" from third row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Just wanna give you a big thanks too iggie. Your blog isI go there often. It's the best and I appreciate all of your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I am enjoying your blog as well Iggie....great job!!!!
    thanks

vCash
    But i think this two deserve to do what they want and hope they will enjoy this next two years (this is reall pleaser for me they will skate two more seasons). So i will try enjoy there skating and maybe need to not read internet.
    I too will enjoy watching them these next two years, no matter what they skate to. Martyross is right, there will always be criticism, you just can't please everyone. But people - skating fans in general - have such high expectations from them precisely because they are such outstanding talents. It would be a shame not to tap into some unexplored ressources, which are there, in them. That doesn't mean the fans won't love them regardless of their choice of programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I too will enjoy watching them these next two years, no matter what they skate to. Martyross is right, there will always be criticism, you just can't please everyone. But people - skating fans in general - have such high expectations from them precisely because they are such outstanding talents. It would be a shame not to tap into some unexplored ressources, which are there, in them. That doesn't mean the fans won't love them regardless of their choice of programs.
    Do you want they will use "Carmina Burana"? I dont.
    If they will use something like this i could imaging how this haters start talking: "Yes, we said before, they could skate only romantic programs"
    And its funny, but how people, who even didnt skate, could know what skaters need to do? Really - it will be interesting to see there choreo for some skaters programs and i will start dicsuss how bad it was
    I am sure, if we had internet in 1984, there a lot off people, who hated "Bolero". Any person need to put high expectations on thereselves, but not on other persons.
    Sorry, but i really tired from this discussion. When other teams show the same elements during 10 years its OK, but V-M need to show every year something out of this world
    If you dont like - turn off TV or didnt go to watch FS competitions.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    regarding the music choice, Scott contradicted himself a bit,first saying that they were excited for the "vision" the coaches have for them in the next 2 years, then,that they dont have a clue yet about the direction to take. who knows!
    I don't think what Scott said about vision vs. music is necessarily contradictory. They can have some long-term vague ideas about what they want to do, but have not made any specific choices regarding music, etc. yet. So, they could very well have a vision at this point, but still be struggling with the finer details (i.e. exactly what they want to do, exactly what piceces of music, etc.)

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast