vCash

Respect for 2011/12 US Men's World Teams

So can we have some respect now to Ricky, Ross, and Ryan for their 9th, 11th, and 13th place finishes last year- they were so heavily criticized as being the wrong choice and look what happened this year- SAME FINISHES with Jeremy and Adam! That said, congrats also to Jeremy and Adam for putting out nice free skates here in spite of their jump problems. They've represented well and although they don't have that same fierce attack and consistency that Weir and Lysacek had, they're still good skaters to have on our side.

All that being said, I think/hope this result allows for an essentially blank slate heading towards next season with no US skater being propped up for reputation since none of them are getting it done much better than the others at Worlds. So Miner, Abbott, Rippon, Dornbush, Farris, Brown, Armin etc. should all have a good shot at things depending on how their GP season goes. I kind of like it when things are all evened up like this.

vCash
    Also add Lysacek and Weir into the mix for next year (if they come back)

(I'm not sure Weir could have done any better if he were in this year-Lysacek, maybe. The Men's standard has gone way up over the last 2 years)

Is there any talk of Jeremy retiring?
    Last edited by centerpt1; 03-31-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: change