Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    The Rob Lowe episode was amusing, particularly because my husband recently discovered an ancestor was an American patriot, and after said patriot died, part of his family, including his widow, moved north of the border. Now to find out why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ngCat View Post
    The Rob Lowe episode was amusing, particularly because my husband recently discovered an ancestor was an American patriot, and after said patriot died, part of his family, including his widow, moved north of the border. Now to find out why.
    It is so interesting studying the affect that the American Revolution had on families. Brothers fought one another, fathers and sons were on different sides - political ideologies split many families with some moving north and others staying put. It is not uncommon to find that some of those that moved north, either they or their descendats, eventually returned to the US, and some who stayed in the US eventually moved north - often to be near family members again.

I personally love this show. I love how most of the celebrities feel connected to their ancestors and to history, after their discoveries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123