Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I suspect in a few years Alissa will look back on all of this and wonder why it seemed so important.

I remember Debi Thomas and Tiffany Chin saying at one time that they never wanted anything to do with skating again. It doesn't seem to bother them now.
    This thread reinforces just how difficult competitive skating really is, both as something to master and to maintain (with its many interior and exterior pressures).

I remember a quote from Jirena Ribbens saying that Katarina Witt, while she may not have been the most talented skater out there, was the most competitive (and that's one of the theories why she won again and again).

I can think of a lot of beautiful U.S. skaters who weren't very consistent, but were still wonderful to watch. Nancy Kerrigan, Caryn Kadavy and Jill Trenary come immediately to mind. Yes, they made world podiums, but the technical level has made huge strides in 25 years. Every decimal point counts.

Good to see that both Thomas and Chin with time and distance, when so much more was expected from them back then, have been able to find peace, look back and enjoy their brilliant skating achievements now.

vCash
    I looked up “head case,” and it turns out to be the title of a 2007 television series; the name of a rock band from York, PA; an Etch a Sketch I-Pad case; a headphone forum (Head-Case.org); the name of a hair salon in downtown San Jose; the name of a hat store in Edmonton, Alberta CANADA (Headcase Hats http://www.headcasehats.com/ ) and surely the list goes on – lots of tradenames.

I know the term is mentioned quite often in skating when a skater doesn’t seem to compete well or live up to highest expectations. But well, the actual dictionary definition is: “a mentally ill or unstable person.”

Hmmm, these four athletes are wearing hats…

https://twitter.com/#!/jeremyabbottp...com%2FXm4elXwe

But none of them make me think of the dictionary definition of “head case.” No, not even when they don’t skate well in a major competition.

Jeremy: “I don’t know that tank tops are good battle armor.”

But appropriate for warm weather in Nice. Lovely photo. Hope they all will remember the good moments, learn from the not so good and come better armed for battle on another day, another battlefield.

vCash
    just wanted to keep he Alissa love going. I hope she continues to receive support from the many people who love her skating and admire her as a person. One of the many things I love about her is how she manages to smile even when things haven't gone the way she had hoped. I hope she has a chance to relax and make peace with everything that has happened this season. She is a real fighter and I admire her courage and persistence.

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Who's the **** in the comments section?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yjaR3agBuE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Who's the **** in the comments section?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yjaR3agBuE
    I don't know but someone actually said they enjoyed the performance!!!

Now that's delusional..

Her spins may have been lovely, but please..
    Last edited by demetriosj; 04-14-2012 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Catching up from being out of town last week... I'm very delighted that it sounds like Alissa is coming back next season! I'm sure she'll figure things out and come back stronger than ever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234