Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Heejun just couldn't win. TPTB hated him when he wasn't allegedly taking the competition seriously, and they still hated him when he delivered a performance that, by Idol standards, was actually pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDSSF View Post
    Heejun just couldn't win. TPTB hated him when he wasn't allegedly taking the competition seriously, and they still hated him when he delivered a performance that, by Idol standards, was actually pretty good.
    The powers that be gave him a standing ovation last night. It was the voters who didn't support him this week. And it probably had to do not only with his poor performances in previous weeks, but his attitude. A contestant really is not doing himself any favors when he takes constructive criticism poorly, appears not to take a competition seriously when so many others would kill to be in his place, and says he doesn't want to be a star. This show is a pageant. The talent portion is only one part of it.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I liked Heejun - when he was serious. Unfortunately, I think his attitude on previous shows caught up with him.

Elise! I want to see more of that singer.

This past week was one I was happy I watched. I thought everyone stepped up their game - perhaps because the music was something the contestants could relate to. Idol needs to find a way to tap into the singers' own preferences more often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgal View Post
    How
    As soon as Deandre went into the falsetto, my dog jumped up and started barking at the TV. He always barks at the TV when he hears something high pitched (and awful!).

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    What was your dog's reaction when JLo told everyone to vote for DeAndre?
    He wondered if JLo wanted to jump on Deandre's leg.

I've got to wonder what contentants like Jessica and Hollie think when they hear JLo urging people to vote for him.
    They must have been horrified!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    That is all.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    The powers that be gave him a standing ovation last night. It was the voters who didn't support him this week. And it probably had to do not only with his poor performances in previous weeks, but his attitude. A contestant really is not doing himself any favors when he takes constructive criticism poorly, appears not to take a competition seriously when so many others would kill to be in his place, and says he doesn't want to be a star. This show is a pageant. The talent portion is only one part of it.
    Hee-jun acted as though he didn't want to be there.
    The public obliged him; and sent him home.
    I wonder if he will ever realize that his attitude was the reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I wonder if he will ever realize that his attitude was the reason.
    Plus his mediocre voice.

vCash
    That, too,
    However, his demeanor made sure he went home sooner than he might have, if he had acted as though he wanted to work/succeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Hee-jun acted as though he didn't want to be there.The public obliged him; and sent him home.I wonder if he will ever realize that his attitude was the reason.
    I think none of these things has to do with anything. Contestants he left behind are more (some way more) talented than him...

I like Hee-jun and he's come very far. But this is how far he's gonna go.

I enjoy his smooth voice when he sings ballad and when he hits the perfect note but he doesnt have the range and the versatility to endure week after week.

The vibe or the attitude that he doesnt want to be there I didnt get in fact I saw somebody trying so hard to be Mr. Nice Guy. Goodluck to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JILEN View Post
    I think none of these things has to do with anything. Contestants he left behind are more (some way more) talented than him...

I like Hee-jun and he's come very far. But this is how far he's gonna go.

I enjoy his smooth voice when he sings ballad and when he hits the perfect note but he doesnt have the range and the versatility to endure week after week.

The vibe or the attitude that he doesnt want to be there I didnt get in fact I saw somebody trying so hard to be Mr. Nice Guy. Goodluck to him.
    If I wouldn't have already wanted Heejun gone 3-4 weeks ago, this week aggravated me because the title is A SONG FOR YOU, not "I'm singing this song TO you". A Song FOR You. That's how Leon Russell wrote it. That's how the Carpenters sang it. It really grated on my nerves. Along with his "airy" voice.

vCash
    If judging on singing voice I thought Deandre should have gone before Hee-Jun but in the long run it doesn't make that much difference because neither have a "radio voice" IMO. I'd put Joshua with those 2 also but all the others, I think a record producer could do something with. Seven real talents isn't bad. It reminds me of season 5 where many of them got record deals & had some success.
    Cats have a way of finding the people who need them...filling an emptiness they don't even know they have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    If I wouldn't have already wanted Heejun gone 3-4 weeks ago, this week aggravated me because the title is A SONG FOR YOU, not "I'm singing this song TO you". A Song FOR You. That's how Leon Russell wrote it. That's how the Carpenters sang it. It really grated on my nerves. Along with his "airy" voice.
    Didn't notice that but he sang the Donny Hathaway version which I'm not familiar with. Maybe Donny change his version to "I'm singing this song to you instead of for you".

vCash
    Idology from last week's episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhXgfNqT-6w

at the description of Holly's performance.

eta: an interview with Erika Van Pelt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Csyq...endscreen&NR=1
    Last edited by shan; 04-04-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123