Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

The Amazing Race March 25 "This Is Wicked Strange"

We're delayed here in NC. Is anyone on time?

eta: Just checked twitter and it should be on at 8:18 ET/7:18 CT
    Last edited by shan; 03-26-2012 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    I like to think I'd be really cool and calm in the helicopter escape thingy, but I'd probably freak out.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I wanted Kristen Fraser to be the greeter.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I keep looking for AZB skaters except they never actually go there.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Rachel not yet?
    What's up with that?

vCash
    "I'm 38 and I still look younger than you."

vCash
    but feeling bad for Mark aka Pukey. I wonder how far ahead the dating couple was ahead of Jersey boys. I think there was some tricky editing there. I was impressed with how quickly the boys found the apples.

The next week should be

vCash
    Azerbaijan

at Rachel's facial expression after Vanessa told her she should fix her nose before her boobs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    The next week should be
    I saw the episode but missed the preview for next week. What did we see?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    I saw the episode but missed the preview for next week. What did we see?
    African zebras, and Vanessa & BB Rachel going at it at the airport, with Rachel snarkily asking Vannesa, "how old are you, 38?" and Vanessa snapping back, "38, and I still look better than you." And then Vanessa telling her to do everybody some favors by fixing her nose before perking up her boobs.

vCash
    Ok a few thoughts:

-The roadblock: looked like fun to me. Then again I love being under water.
    -The oil challenge: Gross!!! Forgive me, I'm immature.
    -Will the LadyGents just say they're federal agents already?? Seriously this whole "they think we're teachers and all nice" was cute like 4 weeks ago but come on.
    -What's happening next Sunday? I know it's April Fools day but why wait two weeks for next TAR :
    -I did NOT need to see Mark puking into a bag in the back seat of the taxi.
    -Tools: "got beaten by a damn girl" or something like that. Really?? HA, then I'm glad you lost.

-Next week: Vanessa is 38?? Wow, she doesn't look it. But she sure acts like she's 12. Come on woman, grow up and don't tell people to get nose jobs Even if brenchel Rachel drives me nuts.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    "I'm 38 and I still look younger than you."
    I know!! Priceless!! But we have to wait two whole weeks to see that little beoytch-fest! I'm dyin' of anticipation waiting for that one!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    -What's happening next Sunday? I know it's April Fools day but why wait two weeks for next TAR .
    A country music awards show is on from 8-11p next Sunday. No TAR.

vCash
    Where is everybody? The last few weeks the TAR thread has been pretty bare. Are people tuning out because they are dead in the suicide game?

That oil challenge was yucko, but I would have easily done that over a needle in the haystack challenge. Imagine if they accidentally bypassed the apple they needed and had to sort through them again.

I'm not real sad to see the tool boys go, however they were growing on me. I think they probably should have kept an eye on how Rachel & Dave were doing. They could have realized that they were behind and weren't going to catch up and bailed before the task was over to minimize their time differential with the rest of the teams.

ETA: Also, multiple Fast Forwards in a season! I had thought the FF was a thing of the past after 2 or 3 seasons without them. I was pleasantly surprised to see there not only be one a few weeks ago, but a second one this week.
    Last edited by Fridge_Break; 03-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    I thought the water challege was way too easy, and too quick. And the oil challenge was too easy. I mean, there was no failing the challege, you just kept scraping and you'd get done. But I'm glad they went to Azerbaijan. I love the prominade there in Baku.

vCash
    Goodbye Fitness & Danny. Seemed like sweet guys, but they goofed on dual levels with that FF. 1. They underestimated Rachel's prowess, and assumed that they could overcome a ~15 bale headstart that Army had amassed. 2. They were terribly inefficient in their stacking. Joey was retrieving the bales, then walking AROUND his stack -- wasting much precious time. Take it from this hay baling veteran (thousands of bales harvested, wagoned, stacked) -- Joey should've been stacking building the stack from far-end to near-end ... building up mini 5high-5deep stacks, then moving closer, etc.

Even despite the above miscalculation, the boys would've had a decent change to catch up on a normal leg. However, this one was to simple to enable such a comeback ... the challenges were pretty easy, and there didn't seem to be much of a challenge distance/directions wise either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    -The oil challenge: Gross!!! Forgive me, I'm immature.
    No, immature or completely grown-up, that was gross. I think that everyone but a very small fetishist population would agree with you. Icky, completely not homoerotic challenge and gross "clients".
    -I did NOT need to see Mark puking into a bag in the back seat of the taxi.
    Eh, the grossness each instance Mark is shown being pukey, is mostly mitigated by the of Bopper losing it with guffaws next to him.
    -Next week: Vanessa is 38?? Wow, she doesn't look it. But she sure acts like she's 12. Come on woman, grow up and don't tell people to get nose jobs Even if brenchel Rachel drives me nuts.
    Angel is probably about 25, and I think was being sarcastic, "yeh, I'm 38..." ... but, yeh, she's mightly immature. I still find her lots of fun, though; always good for at least one moment. Anyone catch this gem from her?: "Hopefully, that this is the last time I'll be found in a [car] trunk" but
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Where is everybody? The last few weeks the TAR thread has been pretty bare. Are people tuning out because they are dead in the suicide game?
    I know. What the heck? My excuse is I'm on the west coast, so I cannot participate unless I want to be spoiled. Let's get buzzing again!

ETA: Also, multiple Fast Forwards in a season! I had thought the FF was a thing of the past after 2 or 3 seasons without them. I was pleasantly surprised to see there not only be one a few weeks ago, but a second one this week.
    Yes, this has been a welcome reintegration. Keep it, TAR PTB, and please keep two other wrinkles Intersection and Double U-Turn where they belong -- permanently in the archives.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I was at an event last night so I missed the ep. Plus I'm dead in the suicide game. But I like it better when the thread isn't eleventy billion pages long by the time TAR comes on in pST anyway (especially because at least 2 pages are posts of "is TAR on time for anyone?" "darn, it's not on" "hopefully it will be on by 8:17")
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    On the leaderboard section of the Wikipedia page, it says "Vanessa the Bitch & Ralph"

Attempting to screencap it before it gets edited out!

ETA: Here it is! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...er/vanessa.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Angel is probably about 25, and I think was being sarcastic, "yeh, I'm 38..." ... but, yeh, she's mightly immature. I still find her lots of fun, though; always good for at least one moment. Anyone catch this gem from her?: "Hopefully, that this is the last time I'll be found in a [car] trunk" but
    Heh, I loved that comment. Although I could have done without the constant "Cheese and Crackers!!" Every time I hear that expression, I'm reminded of my third grade teacher in Catholic school telling us that it was actually just as bad to say "Cheese and Crackers!" or any other swear euphamism as it was to say the actual swear because the intent and thought behind the words is the same. Although I think it had the opposite effect on me than she intended...if it's just as bad to say the euphemism, I might as well use the real swear word, so I used that lesson as an excuse to swear for years.
    Last edited by Erin; 03-26-2012 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    Noooo! Tooooools!! I was going to pick you for my top three! Foiled again in the Suicide game. Add their elimination to that of the twins, and the pretty has decreased significantly in this season.

Yeah, oil task was GROSS! I hate needle-in-the-haystacks, but I would've considered it over this disgusting task.

I would've been freaking at that road block for the same reasons as Angel. I prefer my water frozen, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast