Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Oh no

I will miss her, her skating was so beautiful!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I too was hoping she'd be able to make a comeback.

And NBC not televising her Vancouver free skate still ticks me off today.

vCash
    Adding to the chorus here. So bummed, but best wishes to her in her future endeavors.

vCash
    Such sad news

vCash
    Very sad . I was lucky to have opportunity to talk to her once. She was so sweet. Wish her all the best.

vCash
    Aww, this is so sad. Like so many fans, I was looking forward to seeing her skating develop. She had really sublime skating skills and a wonderful presence on the ice. She should be proud of her Olympic performance and the bronze she won at 2010 Worlds. I wish her success in her future endeavors.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash

I'm so sad!

I always LOVED her so much! One of my favorites. Atleast she shared her gift with the world. She really did accomplish a lot for Finland. I love you Laura! Best Triple triple ever!

vCash
    Stunning basic skating, stunning presentation in general and the "Imagined Oceans" SP is one of the best programs in recent years.

Damn injuries.

vCash
    (from the Ice Network article)
    Lepistö will likely be best remembered for her controversial bronze medal at the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships in Torino, Italy, where her clean, elegant skating was rewarded despite a relative lack of triple jumps.
    Does this crap really need to be rehashed over and over again? Was it really necessary in an article about somebody having to end their competitive career due to multiple chronic injuries?

Somehow I can't recall any figure skating scribes writing about Plushenko's gold at Europeans this year being "controversial" because of his total lack of transitions, basic choreography and a total lack of character, to give one example.

And you could point out many other examples along those lines.

But it only works one way, apparently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Laura is and will always be one of my sentimental favorites
    her jump arsenals may not be that high but her artistry, skating skills and presentation she has impressed me the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I missed having her in the mix. She's been one of my favorite skaters to watch for the past few years, no matter which jumps she was landing.

I LOVED Lepisto. And I was living off Korpi as a substitute, so you'd imagine how I'm left here right now.

Laura had great carriage, I adored her spins, she was very composed and very tidy on the ice - mistakes or not, which cannot be said about many girls out there.

Plus, she went from young and promising to injured and retired so fast, she didn't leave us fans any time to really enjoy her. Too bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    (from the Ice Network article)

Does this crap really need to be rehashed over and over again? Was it really necessary in an article about somebody having to end their competitive career due to multiple chronic injuries?

Somehow I can't recall any figure skating scribes writing about Plushenko's gold at Europeans this year being "controversial" because of his total lack of transitions, basic choreography and a total lack of character, to give one example.

And you could point out many other examples along those lines.

But it only works one way, apparently.
    Well, I do think Plushenko's programs this season had more content than his 2010 ones...not that that's saying much...

I never really got into Lepisto, but I am sad to see her go. With Korpi out of worlds I have no one to b*tch about for doubling every other jump.

vCash
    I was never a fan of her skating but I do think she was a lovely skater....and so gorgeous! Hasn't Korpi pulled out of worlds this year? Who is Finland sending to compete?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I was never a fan of her skating but I do think she was a lovely skater....and so gorgeous! Hasn't Korpi pulled out of worlds this year? Who is Finland sending to compete?
    Juulia Turkkila and Alisa Mikonsaari.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post

I never really got into Lepisto, but I am sad to see her go. With Korpi out of worlds I have no one to b*tch about for doubling every other jump.
    I wish you will be right.
    Still so sad over Laura. But also so grateful of all the great moments she gave for the Finnish skating.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    This is beyond a shame. Laura will be missed.

vCash
    curse of the world bronze strikes again

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roogu View Post
    curse of the world bronze strikes again
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    I was never a Lepisto fan and I felt that her world bronze with mostly double jumps was undeserved. However, she was a lovely skater, and it was nice to have two ladies from Finland (Lepisto and korpi) in medal contention. I still like Suzanna Poykio bettter than either of these, but the more variety we have in FS the better it is for the sport. I hope Finland has more talented young ladies to carry the torch.

vCash
    I'm sad about this, but I'm glad she won one world medal at least.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast