Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

And You Thought Cinquanta has been horrid for the Sport of Figure Skating

According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair and Didier Gailhaguet, President of the French Skating Federation! OMG!

Apparently Buchannan has little to no backing among the current leadership and can you imagine where the credibility of the ISU would end up with the IOC if the man directly responsible and suspended by the ISU for what is considered the biggest scandal in the history of the sport, is elected? Allowing Didier to even be considered is just inconceivable to me.

According these sources, Gailhaguet is hard at work catering favor with the current council leadership. This is just outrageous on it's face. ISU members, WAKE UP and smell the manure being spread within Skating's Governing Body!

I never, ever thought anyone would ever hear me say this; Maybe the ISU needs to allow Cinquanta to remain as President so as to allow for different candidates to politic to replace him in 2014. I am sick over this!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair and Didier Gailhaguet, President of the French Skating Federation! OMG!

Apparently Buchannan has little to no backing among the current leadership and can you imagine where the credibility of the ISU would end up with the IOC if the man directly responsible and suspended by the ISU for what is considered the biggest scandal in the history of the sport, is elected? Allowing Didier to even be considered is just inconceivable to me.

According these sources, Gailhaguet is hard at work catering favor with the current council leadership. This is just outrageous on it's face. ISU members, WAKE UP and smell the manure being spread within Skating's Governing Body!

I never, ever thought anyone would ever hear me say this; Maybe the ISU needs to allow Cinquanta to remain as President so as to allow for different candidates to politic to replace him in 2014. I am sick over this!
    Do you have source citation for this? It seems inconceivable to me that Didier could EVER be up for ISU president. Seriously? I thought David Dore or someone from the US would throw in their hat? If the choice is a nobody that would never get elected and Didier, what went wrong?
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    Very interesting and disturbing news if the latter case comes true

vCash

For years the mantra on this Blog has been, "we must have a Figure Skater as president of the ISU." It has been ruined by Speed Skaters. However, in spite of the complaints, no one has ever came up with a viable and electable Figure Skating candidate Like him or not, Didier knows Figure Skating. BTW, the Council does not elect the President. That is the responsibility of the Member Federations.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    However, in spite of the complaints, no one has ever came up with a viable and electable Figure Skating candidate.
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents. Their not being "electable" has more to do with the ISU than it does with them.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    What about David Kirby? He'd be terrific, IMO.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    For years the mantra on this Blog has been, "we must have a Figure Skater as president of the ISU." It has been ruined by Speed Skaters. However, in spite of the complaints, no one has ever came up with a viable and electable Figure Skating candidate Like him or not, Didier knows Figure Skating. BTW, the Council does not elect the President. That is the responsibility of the Member Federations.
    I love that you wrote this with a straight face! Of all the people directly involved with this large, multi-national sport, THE only viable candidate is the man at the very heart of the sport's biggest corruption scandal?
    Thank you Morry! I needed that laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents. Their not being "electable" has more to do with the ISU than it does with them.
    I have to strongy disagree with you.

Stapleford is one of the most biased persons who puts her country and political affliations above the interest of FS. If you want an example, 2002 Salt Lake City. If she becomes president, all eastern European countries should just say goodbye to FS.

What qualifications does Bianchetti have to become the president of ISU? None, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I have to strongy disagree with you.

Stapleford is one of the most biased persons who puts her country and political affliations above the interest of FS. If you want an example, 2002 Salt Lake City. If she becomes president, all eastern European countries should just say goodbye to FS.

What qualifications does Bianchetti have to become the president of ISU? None, IMO.
    Bias is in the eye of the beholder. We could argue from here until approximately forever about Salt Lake City 2002, but I'll just say that IMHO you are seriously misreading what happened there if you think that is an example of Stapleford being more concerned about her "country and political affiliations" above the interests of the sport.

And in case you've forgotten, before she was turfed, Bianchetti served within the ISU in many different capacities, and has extensive history with and knowledge of the organization.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair
    Christopher is also an ISU TC and ref in both synchro and ice dance.

Do you have any details on why there's a lack of support for him? Just not enough involvement in singles perhaps?

vCash
    Just as would be the case in most organizations, forming a competitng organization while in official postions with your current organization, pretty much takes one out of being electable.
    Morry Stillwell

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents.
    I beg to differ. Both very stuck in the mud about how much better things were in ye olden days.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    nevermind

vCash
    The rumour about Didier has been around for more than a year. James Cowling wrote that he heard the rumour at Europeans last year in this interview.
    http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...on-for-skating

vCash
    Electing another corrupt cheater to head the sport will further damage the credibility of the sport. ISU member organizations it would appear are mired with a total lack of courage and conviction to fight for the future of the sport. They are all afraid to be blackballed from the ISU by these same good-old-boys, thereby losing the ability for their skaters to compete internationally. The United States Figure Skating Association and Skate Canada have for years have failed to take an active role in the governance of the sport because of this fear. Look where that has taken the sport. Just more corruption, cheating, blackballing and scandal. How's that been?
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    All ten Presidents of the ISU in the 120 year history of the organization have been good-old-boys from Europe. Not one woman and no one ever from the West or Asia. Just another factoid to consider when discussing why the ISU is both corrupt and add to that Sexist too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    What about David Kirby? He'd be terrific, IMO.
    Yeah, but would he do it? I doubt it.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Why are we surprised? ISU is just completely out of touch with reality.. Like most highly political bureaucratic institutions..

vCash
    Just as would be the case in most organizations, forming a competitng organization while in official postions with your current organization, pretty much takes one out of being electable.
    Maybe then, instead of casting them into the wilderness, the ISU should have asked why two of their top officials felt it necessary to form a competing organization, and tried to resolve the problems that caused them to want to leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I beg to differ. Both very stuck in the mud about how much better things were in ye olden days.
    100% agree.

And why am I supposed to hate Didier again? I can't remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast