Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,300
    vCash
    402
    Rep Power
    4341

    And You Thought Cinquanta has been horrid for the Sport of Figure Skating

    According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair and Didier Gailhaguet, President of the French Skating Federation! OMG!

    Apparently Buchannan has little to no backing among the current leadership and can you imagine where the credibility of the ISU would end up with the IOC if the man directly responsible and suspended by the ISU for what is considered the biggest scandal in the history of the sport, is elected? Allowing Didier to even be considered is just inconceivable to me.

    According these sources, Gailhaguet is hard at work catering favor with the current council leadership. This is just outrageous on it's face. ISU members, WAKE UP and smell the manure being spread within Skating's Governing Body!

    I never, ever thought anyone would ever hear me say this; Maybe the ISU needs to allow Cinquanta to remain as President so as to allow for different candidates to politic to replace him in 2014. I am sick over this!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

  2. #2
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair and Didier Gailhaguet, President of the French Skating Federation! OMG!

    Apparently Buchannan has little to no backing among the current leadership and can you imagine where the credibility of the ISU would end up with the IOC if the man directly responsible and suspended by the ISU for what is considered the biggest scandal in the history of the sport, is elected? Allowing Didier to even be considered is just inconceivable to me.

    According these sources, Gailhaguet is hard at work catering favor with the current council leadership. This is just outrageous on it's face. ISU members, WAKE UP and smell the manure being spread within Skating's Governing Body!

    I never, ever thought anyone would ever hear me say this; Maybe the ISU needs to allow Cinquanta to remain as President so as to allow for different candidates to politic to replace him in 2014. I am sick over this!
    Do you have source citation for this? It seems inconceivable to me that Didier could EVER be up for ISU president. Seriously? I thought David Dore or someone from the US would throw in their hat? If the choice is a nobody that would never get elected and Didier, what went wrong?
    I will not be ignored! -Me

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Very interesting and disturbing news if the latter case comes true

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    California,
    Posts
    1,309
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair and Didier Gailhaguet, President of the French Skating Federation! OMG!

    Apparently Buchannan has little to no backing among the current leadership and can you imagine where the credibility of the ISU would end up with the IOC if the man directly responsible and suspended by the ISU for what is considered the biggest scandal in the history of the sport, is elected? Allowing Didier to even be considered is just inconceivable to me.

    According these sources, Gailhaguet is hard at work catering favor with the current council leadership. This is just outrageous on it's face. ISU members, WAKE UP and smell the manure being spread within Skating's Governing Body!

    I never, ever thought anyone would ever hear me say this; Maybe the ISU needs to allow Cinquanta to remain as President so as to allow for different candidates to politic to replace him in 2014. I am sick over this!
    For years the mantra on this Blog has been, "we must have a Figure Skater as president of the ISU." It has been ruined by Speed Skaters. However, in spite of the complaints, no one has ever came up with a viable and electable Figure Skating candidate Like him or not, Didier knows Figure Skating. BTW, the Council does not elect the President. That is the responsibility of the Member Federations.
    Morry Stillwell

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30411
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    However, in spite of the complaints, no one has ever came up with a viable and electable Figure Skating candidate.
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents. Their not being "electable" has more to do with the ISU than it does with them.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  6. #6
    podcast mistress
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    Posts
    7,823
    vCash
    2367
    Rep Power
    4368
    What about David Kirby? He'd be terrific, IMO.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    For years the mantra on this Blog has been, "we must have a Figure Skater as president of the ISU." It has been ruined by Speed Skaters. However, in spite of the complaints, no one has ever came up with a viable and electable Figure Skating candidate Like him or not, Didier knows Figure Skating. BTW, the Council does not elect the President. That is the responsibility of the Member Federations.
    I love that you wrote this with a straight face! Of all the people directly involved with this large, multi-national sport, THE only viable candidate is the man at the very heart of the sport's biggest corruption scandal?
    Thank you Morry! I needed that laugh.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents. Their not being "electable" has more to do with the ISU than it does with them.
    I have to strongy disagree with you.

    Stapleford is one of the most biased persons who puts her country and political affliations above the interest of FS. If you want an example, 2002 Salt Lake City. If she becomes president, all eastern European countries should just say goodbye to FS.

    What qualifications does Bianchetti have to become the president of ISU? None, IMO.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30411
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I have to strongy disagree with you.

    Stapleford is one of the most biased persons who puts her country and political affliations above the interest of FS. If you want an example, 2002 Salt Lake City. If she becomes president, all eastern European countries should just say goodbye to FS.

    What qualifications does Bianchetti have to become the president of ISU? None, IMO.
    Bias is in the eye of the beholder. We could argue from here until approximately forever about Salt Lake City 2002, but I'll just say that IMHO you are seriously misreading what happened there if you think that is an example of Stapleford being more concerned about her "country and political affiliations" above the interests of the sport.

    And in case you've forgotten, before she was turfed, Bianchetti served within the ISU in many different capacities, and has extensive history with and knowledge of the organization.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Kanada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    According to reliable sources if Ottavio Cinquanta's Presidency is not extended two additional years at the upcoming ISU Congress, only two men are seeking his job; Christopher Buchannan, ISU Synchronized Skating Technical Committee Chair
    Christopher is also an ISU TC and ref in both synchro and ice dance.

    Do you have any details on why there's a lack of support for him? Just not enough involvement in singles perhaps?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    California,
    Posts
    1,309
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1239
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents. Their not being "electable" has more to do with the ISU than it does with them.
    Just as would be the case in most organizations, forming a competitng organization while in official postions with your current organization, pretty much takes one out of being electable.
    Morry Stillwell

  12. #12
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    42,373
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    25256
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Sonia Bianchetti and Sally Ann Stapleford both would have been excellent ISU presidents.
    I beg to differ. Both very stuck in the mud about how much better things were in ye olden days.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,648
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    nevermind

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    388
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    444
    The rumour about Didier has been around for more than a year. James Cowling wrote that he heard the rumour at Europeans last year in this interview.
    http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...on-for-skating

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,300
    vCash
    402
    Rep Power
    4341
    Electing another corrupt cheater to head the sport will further damage the credibility of the sport. ISU member organizations it would appear are mired with a total lack of courage and conviction to fight for the future of the sport. They are all afraid to be blackballed from the ISU by these same good-old-boys, thereby losing the ability for their skaters to compete internationally. The United States Figure Skating Association and Skate Canada have for years have failed to take an active role in the governance of the sport because of this fear. Look where that has taken the sport. Just more corruption, cheating, blackballing and scandal. How's that been?
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,300
    vCash
    402
    Rep Power
    4341
    All ten Presidents of the ISU in the 120 year history of the organization have been good-old-boys from Europe. Not one woman and no one ever from the West or Asia. Just another factoid to consider when discussing why the ISU is both corrupt and add to that Sexist too!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Driving the Han Yan Fan Van
    Posts
    9,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33791
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    What about David Kirby? He'd be terrific, IMO.
    Yeah, but would he do it? I doubt it.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Why are we surprised? ISU is just completely out of touch with reality.. Like most highly political bureaucratic institutions..

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30411
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Just as would be the case in most organizations, forming a competitng organization while in official postions with your current organization, pretty much takes one out of being electable.
    Maybe then, instead of casting them into the wilderness, the ISU should have asked why two of their top officials felt it necessary to form a competing organization, and tried to resolve the problems that caused them to want to leave.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I beg to differ. Both very stuck in the mud about how much better things were in ye olden days.
    100% agree.

    And why am I supposed to hate Didier again? I can't remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •