Vacant
    vCash

Britain's Got Talent 2012

Well another series started this evening with Simon Cowell back on the panel and joined by Alesha Dixon (Strictly Come Dancing/sometime popstar) and David Walliams (Little Britain/Celeb Charity Swimmer extraordinaire.)

Lots of wacky stuff to start us of but two standouts:

Charlotte & Jonathan
    It will be interesting to see if this lasts. No doubt it will get all the international online attention. The sound levels were really off to the point you could barely hear her so it's unfair to judge but I can't see her lasting and think that post BGT it will be Jonathan flying straight into a solo album deal.

And Only Boys Aloud

OBA was started as an offshoot of Only Men Aloud - famous welsh male voice choir - to help boys from some of the most deprived areas of South Wales. Economically Wales is really struggling right now, despite what the government says, so as someone who lives here and is married to a welshman, I am very passionate about OBA. I first saw them 2 years ago on Welsh TV and it's great to see how they have grown. Such passion and as Uncle Dick would say, they really do wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Plenty more wild and wacky and a very strong first episode - hopefully someone will post more when they appear.

vCash
    Thank you for posting that clip of Only Boys Aloud...I don't normally get emotional about stuff like this (they manipulate you so much to get a reaction and I prefer just to enjoy the music, haha). But that was really touching. I loved the choir and I would love to hear more of their work!

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    Jonathan has an amazing voice for a 17 year old boy!
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Well another series started this evening with Simon Cowell back on the panel and joined by Alesha Dixon (Strictly Come Dancing/sometime popstar) and David Walliams (Little Britain/Celeb Charity Swimmer extraordinaire.)

Lots of wacky stuff to start us of but two standouts:

Charlotte & Jonathan
    It will be interesting to see if this lasts. No doubt it will get all the international online attention. The sound levels were really off to the point you could barely hear her so it's unfair to judge but I can't see her lasting and think that post BGT it will be Jonathan flying straight into a solo album deal.
    Thanks for posting this. Jonathan has already been featured on American TV - I forget which show - but he'll probably get the Paul Potts/Susan Boyle treatment here. Beautiful voice. The TV show didn't even mention that his partner was a contestant.

I did not know about the Only Men Aloud and Only Boys Aloud choirs. Their background makes me want to root for them all the more.

Just me
    vCash
    Thank you for starting the thread, floskate. I love watching this online.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together