Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 206
  1. #81
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    milwaukee
    Posts
    126
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Training in Canton Michigan? This is one of the best places for DANCE. Not pairs. I wonder about that. So they essentially will be training alone. Filling in as second fiddle for Prime ICE. The Chor will be great.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,817
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    They will make an extraordinarily beautiful couple on the ice. Yes - looks do count. Athletic ability + Beauty = Winners. Congratulations, Caitlin & Josh!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL & Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    418
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Ashley looks really tall for a pairs skater- or is Josh too short for a pairs partner? May be it will work out better with Caitlyn. I feel bad for Ashley though. I hope she can either find another partner or has success in singles.
    I just checked Ashley's wikipedia entry. She is listed as 5 ft 5 1/2 in. It will not be easy for her to find a new partner.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,930
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4720
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    Training in Canton Michigan? This is one of the best places for DANCE. Not pairs. I wonder about that. So they essentially will be training alone. Filling in as second fiddle for Prime ICE. The Chor will be great.
    Well Zoueva did work with the greatest Pairs team of all time (of course as more of a choreographer but still.) She knows a little something about pairs, don't you think? I'm glad she's starting to get into pairs.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    OMG I am so happy for Caitlin. Best of luck to the new pair.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well Zoueva did work with the greatest Pairs team of all time (of course as more of a choreographer but still.) She knows a little something about pairs, don't you think? I'm glad she's starting to get into pairs.
    Marina Zoueva worked with pairs in Ottawa, including Wirtz and Wirtz, prior to moving to Detroit. This, added to her experience in Russia and with G & G, adds up to quite a bit of pairs' experience.
    Last edited by nylynnr; 03-23-2012 at 02:50 PM.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Didn't Ashley Cain just place 2nd at Jr. Nationals, 2012 behind Gracie Gold?

  8. #88
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16941
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Didn't Ashley Cain just place 2nd at Jr. Nationals, 2012 behind Gracie Gold?
    Yes, she skated very well at Nationals (her best singles competition of the season) and should be returning to the JGP in singles this coming season.

  9. #89
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Marina Zoueva worked with pairs in Ottawa, including Wirtz and Wirtz, prior to moving to Detroit. This, added to her experience in Russia and with G & G, adds up to quite a bit of pairs' experience.
    More recently, she also worked with Castile/Okolski, who were coached by Johnny Johns. I'd actually say that overall, she's spent more years working with pairs than she has dance teams.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Zamboni room
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Marina Zoueva worked with pairs in Ottawa, including Wirtz and Wirtz, prior to moving to Detroit. This, added to her experience in Russia and with G & G, adds up to quite a bit of pairs' experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    More recently, she also worked with Castile/Okolski, who were coached by Johnny Johns. I'd actually say that overall, she's spent more years working with pairs than she has dance teams.
    Zoueva and Johns' experience coaching pairs is so extensive that I won't bother listing the dozens of successful and top teams that they've coached. Johns has been one of the top pair coaches in the U.S. over the past 30 years, and Zoueva has significant experience working with pairs.

    (For those who are unaware, Johns was the main pair coach at Detroit Skating Club through the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s; he followed Zoueva to Arctic following the 2006 Olympics.)
    Last edited by 5Ali3; 03-23-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Decades, years, same thing... oops!

  11. #91

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    4,277
    vCash
    9456
    Rep Power
    4330
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Zoueva and Johns' experience coaching pairs is so extensive that I won't bother listing the dozens of successful and top teams that they've coached. Johns has been one of the top pair coaches in the U.S. over the past 30 decades, and Zoueva has significant experience working with pairs.

    (For those who are unaware, Johns was the main pair coach at Detroit Skating Club through the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s; he followed Zoueva to Arctic following the 2006 Olympics.)
    He's pretty spry-looking for his age...

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Zamboni room
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Johns has been one of the top pair coaches in the U.S. over the past 30 decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave of the North View Post
    He's pretty spry-looking for his age...
    I apologize; I mixed up Johnny Johns and Mr. Nicks.

  13. #93

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    I'm voting for Lindsay Davis.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So happy she found a partner! Looking forward to seeing them skate.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,763
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope they are a very elegant couple on the ice.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    He ended his partnership with Ashley in February.....just after Nationals. Caitlin was at Nationals.........hmmmm. How is this different from last year with John and Caydee?

    So now the posts should read poor Ashley and everyone hate on Josh and Caitlin....right?????????

    Just sayin.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think there was a lot of "poor Ashley" when it came out he said he wanted someone who was only doing pairs- it made it sound like he gave her a choice/ultimatum.

    But there was also a lot of support for him that it makes sense to want a partner who is solely committed to that one discipline.

    Ashley has a thriving singles career. I think that is a bit of why there is less sympathy. Last year's "partner swap" resulted in a very talented skater sitting out a season- plus it was so shady with Caydee moving to Colorado and saying it wasn't because she had a partner there, but because Haven was moving.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,130
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Glad for these two, and so psyched to see Caitlin Y back at Nationals next year. She is gorgeous.

  19. #99
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,215
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19005
    Reagan didn't quit skating and then team up with someone else soon afterwards. Reagan was clear about finding a new partner, and I think there's been plenty of comment about how people haven't bought the public reason he gave.

    Also, there's no obligation to be over every break-up. It's not as if an unattached US male pairs skater at Yankowskas' level was going to materialize out of thin air, like Cinderella.

    I'm so happy to be reminded of C/O. They, Babilonia/Gardner and E/L are my favorite US pairs. I did have hope for Steigler/Zimmerman until she injured her shoulder and quit.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  20. #100

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iceaxels View Post
    He ended his partnership with Ashley in February.....just after Nationals. Caitlin was at Nationals.........hmmmm. How is this different from last year with John and Caydee?

    So now the posts should read poor Ashley and everyone hate on Josh and Caitlin....right?????????

    Just sayin.
    I was disappointed in Y/C's split because I loved their skating and thought they were just starting tp reach their potential. What changed my opinion of Coughlin (and Denney) were the accounts of the two of them having sekret sessions before Y/C had finished their season. The Y/R tryout wasn't until after C/R's season was complete and who can blame Josh for wanting a partner focused solely on their skating career? (Even if that wasn't the reason for the split...)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •