Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Time to get back to finding a partner for Drew Meekins
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Even if the two pairs get along quite well and there is no drama, you just know that the media at the event are going to be trying to manufacture some

Oh look! Caitlin didn't smile long enough at Caydee! OMG!!! They really do hate each other!! Catfight!! :
    Start back in 2010 and you'll have more: burned out/stressed out at 16 to the point of quitting (Keauna McLaughlin), severe injury leading to retirement (Jeremy Barrett), dating (and then breaking up with) your competitor (Barrett/Evora), fab previous champions done in by injuries and just missing the world team (Castile/Okolski), getting dumped at the height of success (Caitlin) for another, inferior partner. . .

vCash
    Caitlin just need to look to Rodnina as inspiration.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    There are other uses for a prince. Maybe there was a dragon in her backyard that needed slaying...
    Caitlin is pretty capable. I bet she can slay her own dragons.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Oh, I am so glad for Caitlin. Looking forward to seeing the "New Pair Team"!

vCash
    Excited for this team and love how enthusiastic they are!! Interesting that they will have both J. John and D. Kirby coaching but to different capacities. Also, I am excited about Marina choreographing their programs too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post

I hope the pairing works out well for them, it will be good to have Caitlin back competing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    All of the and the makes me crazy!!

vCash
    This quote by Caitlin in the article kills me:
    "Aesthetically, we're a wonderful match," Yankowskas said. "We both have blonde hair and blue eyes."
    First of all, no one can see Caitlin's eye color through all that mascara. Second, eye color makes you a match aestheticially?? (She goes on to talk about their lines, but more important is eye color!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post

First of all, no one can see Caitlin's eye color through all that mascara. Second, eye color makes you a match aestheticially?? (She goes on to talk about their lines, but more important is eye color!)
    And we go back to: 'This is why nobody is taking skating seriously, yadda yadda yadda.'

clutching a very dry gin martini up with a twist
    vCash
    Is there a utube of Cain/Reagan at the Nats?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey2 View Post
    Is there a utube of Cain/Reagan at the Nats?
    Ashley Cain / Joshua Reagan FS US Nationals 2012

vCash
    Back to Caitlin and Josh -

Where will they train? Which Coach? My apologies if this was in the IN article. I can't access it due to speed issues on my computer.

Any idea what their strengths would be? Weaknesses?

ETA - Disregard. Was finally able to open IN - It will be Johnny Johns who is listed as a great technician (?) Sounds good that they are able to do SBS 2x and 3t in practice already. Josh said in the article that it's easier to lift Caitlin than Ashley. Article also said Josh was 'a shade over 6 ft.' Still find that hard to believe ...
    Last edited by olympic; 03-23-2012 at 03:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Back to Caitlin and Josh -

Where will they train? Which Coach? My apologies if this was in the IN article. I can't access it due to speed issues on my computer.
    They will train with Johnny Johns and Marina Zoueva in Canton, Michigan, with David Kirby assisting from Dallas.

New link for the Yankowskas/Reagan article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-23-2012 at 03:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post

It caught me too. The whole article so positive and everything, then this makes me think the only good thing to say about the new partnership is.... Hair and eye color?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    It caught me too. The whole article so positive and everything, then this makes me think the only good thing to say about the new partnership is.... Hair and eye color?
    Knowing Caitlin, she probably laughed when she said that.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Glad to hear this. Good luck to them! I'm looking forward to seeing them compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Maybe she meant it like, "We're such a perfect match, right down to our hair and eye color."

They've only been skating together a few days, so there's not much to say about the partnership. It's not like they can say, "We have such great chemistry on the ice" or "We both have a great work ethic" or "We have great unison" because they really haven't skated together yet.

vCash
    Ashley looks really tall for a pairs skater- or is Josh too short for a pairs partner? May be it will work out better with Caitlyn. I feel bad for Ashley though. I hope she can either find another partner or has success in singles.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Congratulations to Caitlin and Joshua!

I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop as a team and watching them compete .

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Great for Caitlin and Joshua!!!

I am too looking forward to watching them compete.
    Hopefully this is an american pair I might enjoy, since I simply can't watch D/C and the others that look good go on making mistake after mistake... I'll go hide now
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast