Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Why would Josh not be supportive of Ashley during this interview? No matter what may or may not have been occurring in his mind or behind-the-scenes that ran contrary to what he said, I wouldn't have expected Josh to be anything other than supportive in this interview.
    I agree, and he was SO supportive "she is always two steps ahead of me" and on and on that was exactly my point, he said one thing three weeks before he said the complete opposite, what a shock to Ashley but everyone is accepting of him because they want him to skate with Caitlin so his resons become valid. It's sad that people could not be accepting of the other couple, I think they look great and you should be proud of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Past competitive histories are not indicative of how the pair will be going forward.
    I don't see how saying that this year they may not take the world by storm is a bad thing. How often does that happen it happens with Caydee Denney and her partners because she doesn't miss. Caitlyn and Josh have a long history of being inconsistent with certain things. We shall see what happens, but we haven't seen much of anything from them thus far so all we have to go on is history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_sk8ting_mum View Post
    I agree, and he was SO supportive "she is always two steps ahead of me" and on and on that was exactly my point, he said one thing three weeks before he said the complete opposite, what a shock to Ashley but everyone is accepting of him because they want him to skate with Caitlin so his resons become valid. It's sad that people could not be accepting of the other couple, I think they look great and you should be proud of them.
    I think others have already expressed what difference they see between the two break-ups. Look back and read through the thread for the exact reasons given.

Joshua was simply supportive during the cited interview, not so overly supportive to the point of laying it on thick -- that would have smacked of insincerity even during the interview, not to mention afterward. I don't think it's contrary for Josh to have felt supportive and expressed his support for Ashley's singles career, while at the same time beginning to feel a bit restive and uncomfortable about their overall future prospects as a pairs team.

Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    ... We shall see what happens, but we haven't seen much of anything from them thus far so all we have to go on is history.
    I agree that "we shall see what happens." IMO, though, even individual history may not be an accurate barometer of what they may be able to do together.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 04-08-2012 at 08:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_sk8ting_mum View Post
    Some of us are proud of them and think some of the disgusting things on this board said about Caydee are mean spirited and petty.

I hope both couples do well next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Some of us are proud of them and think some of the disgusting things on this board said about Caydee are mean spirited and petty.

I hope both couples do well next season.

Agreed. I think some of the things said on here on this board ared horrible about Caydee. She is just barely an adult, still a teenager. No, I am not her biggest fan, but she is solid and gets the job done. Is it her fault she is poorly packaged and the Yanakowskas breakup was fumbled? Not really. I am sure she is being guided by coaches, parents, and other outside pressures. She did her job this year, had a good showing at Worlds and 4CC's and is once again a National Champion. She is also a former Olympian and National Champion and three time medalist with her former partner. That is an enviable career and she achieved that despite some valid flaws people mention on this board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    I don't see how saying that this year they may not take the world by storm is a bad thing. How often does that happen it happens with Caydee Denney and her partners because she doesn't miss. Caitlyn and Josh have a long history of being inconsistent with certain things. We shall see what happens, but we haven't seen much of anything from them thus far so all we have to go on is history.
    I never said it was a bad thing. Just because John and Caitlin and Joshua and Ashley didn't accomplish much (in some people's eyes) doesn't mean Caitlin and Josh won't do well. They may take years to do it or they may skyrocket to the top right away. But just because you think their former partnerships didn't bear much fruit has no baring on this one.They are both so young even if they don't do well at Sochi or even get there at all they still have four years after that to work.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011