Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Help with lyrics

    What song goes like:

    "I wish it never happened but it did - may or may not be some more here -
    how come all the good ones have to go?"

    It's in the last episode of Switched at Birth (Season 1, Ep 21). I tried googling, but some one else already responded to the same question: "I had no luck in finding the song. Maybe you misheard".


    -- Oh. Also. Does anyone know if and if so in what album precisely Bob Dylan put the version of "Forever Young" that's opening Parenthood? - Which I like much more than the more well known one.

  2. #2
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post

    -- Oh. Also. Does anyone know if and if so in what album precisely Bob Dylan put the version of "Forever Young" that's opening Parenthood? - Which I like much more than the more well known one.
    There are 2 versions of Forever Young on his Planet Waves album. Maybe one of those? I've never seen Parenthood so...

    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8583326
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    There are 2 versions of Forever Young on his Planet Waves album. Maybe one of those? I've never seen Parenthood so...

    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8583326
    Thanks for the help.

    The problem is the two listening previews sound exactly the same. Some say the Parenthood version (also known as "faster version") is one of the two. Some say that it was never recorded and that Parenthood outside US opens with a different song as they don't have permission to use it outsode US.

    Anyway, if anyone is interested, this is the Parenthood version of Forever Young.

  4. #4
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    The link I gave you originally was messed up. They put the same song on twice. I'll guarantee you the faster and shorter version is on Planet Waves. I dug out my old vinyl copy to check.

    Check the second one here.

    http://www.bobdylan.com/us/music/planet-waves
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,108
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, I went to the episode to listen to it, looked up the lyrics I heard, etc., and it doesn't appear to actually exist. All I've found are other people (or maybe just you on multiple sites? ) trying to find it with no luck.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    The link I gave you originally was messed up. They put the same song on twice. I'll guarantee you the faster and shorter version is on Planet Waves. I dug out my old vinyl copy to check.

    Check the second one here.

    http://www.bobdylan.com/us/music/planet-waves
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I'm gonna go check if there's a remastered steereo version of the thing and buy in a blink.


    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Yeah, I went to the episode to listen to it, looked up the lyrics I heard, etc., and it doesn't appear to actually exist. All I've found are other people (or maybe just you on multiple sites? ) trying to find it with no luck.
    Thanks for the effort. I'm afraid if no one on this board comes up with something, then it's hopeless. Pity.

    -- No, it was not me all the time .
    And if the posts were older than the Switched at Birth episode, than I'd be curious to know where the heck was the obscure song in before.

    They could have just mentioned authors in the closing credits, btw.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,108
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    I looked at the closing credits. No luck.

    Every post I found asking about the song was in reference to the episode. I found no mention of anything with lyrics like the ones you can hear in the episode anywhere else, or before the episode aired. Clearly, it's not a song from a famous artist or one that's been released yet. If I were you, I'd make a bookmark with the lyrics and the episode and try to find it again in a month or two. Or, you can keep checking the ABCFamily Music Blog to see if they eventually put up the music for that episode.

    You could also try contacting ABCFamily. Since they do have a music blog, they clearly like to get the songs featured in their episodes out to the public. I know someone did this once for Pretty Little Liars, and I believe they got a result.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I looked at the closing credits. No luck.

    Every post I found asking about the song was in reference to the episode. I found no mention of anything with lyrics like the ones you can hear in the episode anywhere else, or before the episode aired. Clearly, it's not a song from a famous artist or one that's been released yet. If I were you, I'd make a bookmark with the lyrics and the episode and try to find it again in a month or two. Or, you can keep checking the ABCFamily Music Blog to see if they eventually put up the music for that episode.

    You could also try contacting ABCFamily. Since they do have a music blog, they clearly like to get the songs featured in their episodes out to the public. I know someone did this once for Pretty Little Liars, and I believe they got a result.
    Oh, thank you. I didn't even know such thing as ABC Family Music Blog existed.
    I'll probably try contacting them. Or, as you said, check it out in a couple of months, when the song might be a bit more around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •