Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,011 of 1011
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    The media campaign to "humanize" GZ is making me ill. The Daily Mail had a huge headline about how GZ has an ancestor of African descent. Just what exactly is that supposed to mean?
    It means that GZ is colorblind, he wasn't profiling anyone, his actions were justified, and the outcome of that awful evening is the fault of the juvenile delinquent who over-reacted and attacked a man who was simply protecting his neighborhood.

vCash
    TBH, in this particular case, I think the most pertinent issue as it relates to Zimmerman is not racism but what we as a society deem appropriate with respect to:

1) Casual yet lethal use of a gun. Do we really want such casual use of guns in society?
    2) Vigilante justice. If GZ wasn’t being a vigilante in the first place, Trayvon’s death would not have happened. And then when the other SYG cases are pointed to, same question. The example used up thread of the man who shot his neighbor’s burglars. Really? We now have the death penalty for burglary because some guy with a gun says so?

The Sanford PD may have issues of racism, and perhaps GZ does too, but IMPO, I actually think that issue is overshadowing the gun issue. And perhaps the NRA is stoking it on purpose just for that reason.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    "Where are the vile beginners of this fray?

Romeo slew Tybalt, Tybalt slew Mercutio;
    Who now the price of his dear blood doth owe?"

vCash
    I'm going to ask an honest question. Everyone here knows how I feel about Zimmerman, that he stalked and shot this kid. I'm still not convinced it was racially motivated. So, this is my question [understanding that Zimmerman should not have been carrying a gun, should have called 911 and reported his suspicions and left Trayvon alone]: If there had been reports of young white guys burgling the neighborhood, do you think he would have profiled a white kid with a hoodie? Do you think that he is a racist or that he was profiling based on a description of prior crimes? I'm not saying that is right, just questioning whether or not he's actually a racist.

Adding: I just read Snoopy's post. I totally agree.

Now Zimmerman is claiming that he started carrying a gun (his wife, as well) when his wife was menaced by a pit bull, three years ago. That a policeman told him that he should get a gun, incase it happened again. this just gets more and more unbelievable.
    Last edited by cruisin; 04-26-2012 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    The media campaign to "humanize" GZ is making me ill.
    God forbid we think of a human as human.

I'm not saying I think he should get off, because I don't know all the facts yet. None of us do. It may well be that he deserves to go to jail for murder; that's for the court to decide. But does that mean that every possible mitigating circumstance should be hushed up? The justice system may be very flawed in a lot of ways, but it's not quite so flawed that it doesn't allow the defendant to make a case for himself.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    The media campaign to "humanize" GZ is making me ill. The Daily Mail had a huge headline about how GZ has an ancestor of African descent. Just what exactly is that supposed to mean?
    We're even then because the media's attempt to make Zimmerman into a monster made ME ill. Further, one article in the right-leaning Daily Mail hardly makes for a "campaign". The MSM here in the States is still very much in the mode of dehumanizing an innocent-til-proven-guilty-in-a-court-of-law Zimmerman.

-Bridget

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    We're even then because the media's attempt to make Zimmerman into a monster made ME ill. Further, one article in the right-leaning Daily Mail hardly makes for a "campaign". The MSM here in the States is still very much in the mode of dehumanizing an innocent-til-proven-guilty-in-a-court-of-law Zimmerman.

-Bridget
    He is getting a day in court with constitutional rights and even bail. That's what the justice system is doing now for him.

It certainly is more than Trayvon Martin received at his hands "allegedly".
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    It's amazing. They humanize Zimmerman and demonize Trayvon. So because Zimmerman helped kids once in his life and Trayvon got suspended from school means the shooting was justified?

No matter what dirt they are digging up about Zimmerman, he still gets his day in court which is a hell of a lot better than what Zimmerman gave Trayvon.

vCash
    That's true. However, that's how it works. No one can bring Trayvon back to life now. It would be wonderful if we could, but we can't.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    We're even then because the media's attempt to make Zimmerman into a monster made ME ill. The MSM here in the States is still very much in the mode of dehumanizing an innocent-til-proven-guilty-in-a-court-of-law Zimmerman.
    If Zimmerman was dehumanized, it's because he hadn't been arrested after killing an unarmed teen walking home from the store. Zimmerman wasn't "innocent-til-proven-guilty-in-a-court-of-law" because he hadn't been charged with anything! Thankfully, it will NOW be decided in a court of law, thanks to the protesters and media attention.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    This thread has gone over 1000 posts so I'm closing it. Feel free to open a new one.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051