Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I went to Taipei and to Shanghai for the show. The shows were great with the amazing cast, and the both cities are wonderful places to visit, with great food!

BTW, does anyone know if the show gets on TV?

vCash
    yes,the show will be broadcast on Dongfang TV like last two years.waiting for the schedule...

vCash
    Any reports from those who have been to Shanghai show?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brilliant9 View Post
    Ah...These pictures also brought me to tears
    I saw them live for the first time at ATSSpring last year. I was so impressed by their 'Turandot' performance and it was such a pleasure to just watch them live. They'll always be legends of Chinese FS history and one of the best pair teams of 21st century. Wish them the best in the future.
    Nice. What longevity and great skating. When they started skating in the international competitions, they were strong technically only but they grow and grow and grow artistically. To come back from retirement to win gold, what can I say.
    Red for luck and prosperity. All the best to S & Z.

vCash

tv

Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    I went to Taipei and to Shanghai for the show. The shows were great with the amazing cast, and the both cities are wonderful places to visit, with great food!

BTW, does anyone know if the show gets on TV?
    On the Taipei Artistry FB page, it says the Taipei show won't be aired on TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    yes,the show will be broadcast on Dongfang TV like last two years.waiting for the schedule...
    Thanks!

The show Facebook page has just posted Taiwanese broadcast:
    6/30 16:00-17:00 TVBS-G(42)

Hope the one on Dongfang will be longer than this, and both get online for us =)

vCash
    On the rainy Sunday I was in Shanghai.

Oriental Sports Center was so great to enjoy the show and the seats were packed to capacity with crowds. It was so disappointing that there's no souvenir shop selling any item concerned with the show except the 10 RMB brochure but still it was glad I did go there.

Fans put up banners and national flags of their favorite skaters - So many of S/Z's and Plushy's. Some of Weir's and Buttle's and *Fantastic* Yuna's. Seats were comfortable and temperature also was pleasant.

Plushy showed his 3A was none the worse for wear. As soon as I heard His first number, "Tango de Roxanne", My feeling was "Huh? Isn't it Evan's exhibition number? And It's Yuna's legendary Short Program and she's just behind the curtain over there listening to the music."

I didn't know how Hongbo was a good singer. When he sang a song I though it's a taped music but he had a microphone in his hand and sang a song with a charming lilt. What a romantic man! I saw their 2nd and very last number with eyes brimming over with tears. Loved them so much. but it's time to say goodbye. When the music, "Turandot" of 2003 World Champion Free Skating program, was finally ended, fans around me and I gave them a standing ovation.

Yuna! At the opening when she was introduced, many fans near my seats called her name loudly it was not her Korean name but Chinese "Jin Yen Eul" something?? Her new red costume made for this show was so beautiful and she didn't cover her white skates with tights. Good appearance. But she covered them later. Yuna showed her skating skills and various turns and steps with "All of me". "Someone like you" attracted crowds' eyes and I felt it was the most quiet moment during the show. She skated as light as a feather.

Joannie wasn't changed at all. Her jumps were more consistent than ever. And she seemed to skate with joy on the ice. Kurt's "I'm yours" was really fun and crowds loved it! If he performed the number in Korea. I bet it will make crowds crazy.

At the finale, S/Z bowed low to his coach, Yao Bin. And all the skaters did to S/Z. They hugged, saluted and cheered them. It was touching and heartwarming. But when Zhao popped a champagne cork and sprayed it to skaters, the mood suddenly changed rowdy. A bald headed drank the champagne by a neck, Yuna, clapping her hands, laughed loudly and Kurt tried to spray the remains to Yuna. But Yuna had a narrow escape with few strokes. Skaters made their farewell to the crowds.

After the show I saw Yuna at the official hotel and got her autograph for the first time.

Thank you S/Z for having been with skating worlds.

Special thanks to 金妍儿花痴联盟 for the wonderful banner and warm warm welcome and glad to talk with some of you.
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 06-21-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing.
    How special for you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post

Yuna! At the opening when she was introduced, many fans near my seats called her name loudly it was not her Korean name but Chinese "Jin Yen Eul" something?? Her new red costume made for this show was so beautiful and she didn't cover her white skates with tights. Good appearance. But she covered them later. Yuna showed her skating skills and various turns and steps with "All of me". "Someone like you" attracted crowds' eyes and I felt it was the most quiet moment during the show. She skated as light as a feather.

After the show I saw Yuna at the official hotel and got her autograph for the first time.
    How nice for you! Did you exchange any words?

Yuna's Chinese name 金妍兒 is rather old fashioned and simple. It literally means 'Golden Beautiful/Elegant child' and is pronounced 'Jin Yen Err' in Chinese Mandarin, so I can only imagine in Korean, it means something similar since Korean formally uses the Chinese Hanja prior to the mid 15th century before they created the Hangul alphabet writing system.

I have been scanning the Chinese skating boards recently and noted for the Shanghai stop, she was definitely the star attraction despite the illustrious line up. Many too noted the arena was most silent when she did 'Someone like you', and lots of loud cheers during the introduction, particular from little girls (or maybe they are just the loudest). The organizer mentioned they have been working on this deal to get her to perform in China for 2 years and luckily it finally worked out. She also made the national tv/press with her Shanghai activities. Love Kurt's cheeky interaction with her in the end, shows familiarity and friendship to do that. Although she should perhaps send him a dry cleaning bill ... it is a NEW dress!!

Emotional goodbyes for SZ!! What a career! Although it is far from the end despite the retirement notice. SZ expressed through their Weibo that they are commemorating 20 years together and said they will be back performing next year on Artistry on Ice. I thought they did a wonderful job practically responsible for creating this new franchise show and is bringing the major stars around the world to push figure skating in China and Taiwan, hopefully new market with deep pockets, more money for the skaters and excellent news for Patrick Chan. May be they can add Hongkong stop next year.
    Last edited by os168; 06-21-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    How nice for you! Did you exchange any words?
    She asked me 'What's your name?' to sign her autograph. And I just answered. That's all we exchanged. Ah one more! A Chinese fan wanted me to have his pictures taken with Yuna and handed me a camera. 'Say cheese!' to Yuna and him.

But Yuna and many fans gathered around together and had a friendly talk for a while. Some asked "How was the show?", "Did you cry when S/Z bowed to coaches and you skaters? It sure looked that way!", "Was the costume yours or sponsored by AOI?". "Have you taken in any of the sights yet?".

She listened intently, answered kindly and chortled with delight.

It was so sorry S/Z didn't stay at the hotel (Did they?) and I couldn't have their autograph.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Plushy showed his 3A was none the worse for wear. As soon as I heard His first number, "Tango de Roxanne", My feeling was "Huh? Isn't it Evan's exhibition number? And It's Yuna's legendary Short Program and she's just behind the curtain over there listening to the music."
    Actually Evgeni Plushenko has skated to 'El Tango de Roxanne' for LP almost 10 years ago. I loved it so much but he changed LP to 'Carmen'. This is his renewed Roxanne

vCash
    well,I don't know how they translate Yuna's name.
    But usually we translate Korea name with a 1-1 rule,based on the pronouncation.
    Yuna's korea name is 김연아,then 김-金,연-研,아-儿,IMO

Skating is Language
    vCash

Oriental Sports Center was so great to enjoy the show....

Special thanks to 金妍儿花痴联盟 for the wonderful banner and warm warm welcome and glad to talk with some of you.

Thanks for your detailed impression about the show!!!
    "Skating is Language"

spiral9509.tistory.com

vCash
    TVB broadcast Taipei show yesterday,only an hour,so they cut half of the programs.you can find them on youtube now

vCash
    They also edited the programs themselves. It's a bit disconcerting.

Links I found:
    1st 12 minutes - Moulin Rouge Opening, Welcome Speech, Li Lixue, Zaldua/Sukhanov
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Df1TPBgUs

2nd 12 minutes - Jeff (Big Love), Shizuka (El Flamenco), Kurt (I'm Yours), Shen & Zhao/Tiger Huang (Moon Represents My Heart)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQYjjkb7FGA

3rd clip, I can't watch because of copyright issues. I think it has Johnny Weir, the 2nd act opening, and Joannie Rochette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcUQOfy5iI

Here's the second act opening alone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScNIOB3mLQ

4th clip - Plushenko & Marton (Tango), Speech talking about Shen& Zhao retiring, Shen & Zhao (Our 20 Years), Finale
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClYOWtkgcII

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456