Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    The Kween's honors are well deserved, taking nothing from anybody else.

Rudy was quite prominent at Nationals, including being a featured performer in the opening ceremonies with shades of his winning performance and even skating with Yamaguchi's daughter, and I heard a buzz that he would be getting his the next time Nationals comes to San Jose.

In fact, the only thing that really disappointed me about San Jose was that there should have been chants of 6.0 for Michelle in the arena.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 03-15-2012 at 10:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Congratulations to Michelle!! I'm so happy for her!

(As an aside, I went to their website to see who is in the WHOF, but their website is so poorly designed and half the links don't work so I never found anything. I don't know who built their site but they need to find someone else. Pronto.)

The inductees through 2010 are shown in this Wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_F...g_Hall_of_Fame

Some I have never heard of.

vCash
    Congratulations Michelle, well earned and deserved.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Do you feel better, dear?
    No! Won't someone think of Sonia?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Congrats to the Kween!

vCash
    Congratulations to Michelle. This is a well deserved honor.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It is just amazing to have been a fan of Kwan's since I first saw her skate at 94 Nationals. How lucky am I to have fallen in love with her? She gave me so many great years of skating and never let her fans down on a personal level and now we get to continue to watch her have success after skating. I am so proud of her and so thrilled for all of her continued success.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It is just amazing to have been a fan of Kwan's since I first saw her skate at 94 Nationals. How lucky am I to have fallen in love with her? She gave me so many great years of skating and never let her fans down on a personal level and now we get to continue to watch her have success after skating. I am so proud of her and so thrilled for all of her continued success.
    Same here, since I first watched her at 1994 Junior Worlds.

vCash

She deserves it!
    Congrats to Michelle!!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    when is the induction?

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    No! Won't someone think of Sonia?
    You are, sweetie - I am sure that's quite enough since I do believe one of the things you love most about this sport is the , right?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Words don't even begin to describe how I feel now. Much congrats to MK! I'll always seek out for you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    when is the induction?
    Maybe during worlds at Nice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    She deserves it so much, and I love that how - just like in her skating career - she sweeps a US and World "title" in the same year And they both have only her in the spotlight, sigh just perfect. She deserves it.

I could drone on and on like any Kwan fan with love in their eye.. but I'll sum it up by saying that she is the epitome of what every sports fan dreams of having in the athelete that they are rooting for, and I'm very proud to have stuck by her during every amazing high and crushing low moment of her career. She handled every moment better than I did as her fan, and she did it all as if a 5 year old were watching and judging her every move at all times. She is the greatest role model and will forever be my favorite athlete of all-time. I'd like to thank her for making my job as an uber fan very easy for many years and her style of skating will always be my favorite.
    Karpenko, you are awesome! This mirrors my exact sentiments...PERFECTLY SAID.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Isn't this a U.S.-sponsored and maintained World Hall of Fame (USFS), even though members come from all over the world? I would bet that Michelle will be inducted during the next Nationals....unless Skate America or some other major event is held in Colo Springs in the coming year. I don't think that this Hall of Fame is run by the ISU.

Regardless - Congratulations to Michelle! I'll do jumping jacks with Mrs. Obama over this!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    In 2009 the induction ceremony was held at a hotel during Worlds and was hosted by Dick Button. Worlds was in the US that year, so I am not sure the same procedure takes place when Worlds is outside the US, but I would think so.

I did some further checking and it does appear that in other years the induction has taken place during Worlds. As to whether the format is always the same as in 2009 (away from the competition), I don't know. Maybe some who have attended Worlds can let us know.
    Last edited by Iceman; 03-16-2012 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Michelle is the reason why I fell in love in figure skating back in 94 and one of my biggest regrets in life is that I never had the chance to see her live during her competition years..Now, I live in Nice and will attend Worlds so if the induction were to be done here, I would be extremely happy

vCash
    Am I remembering correctly that Michelle won one of her World titles at Nice?

vCash
    In 2000, Iceman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Am I remembering correctly that Michelle won one of her World titles at Nice?
    Yes she did, and she demonstrated just what a credit to the sport she is backstage after being released from testing. Sorry, if this is too long.

While taking to friends and officials, I noticed two young girls that were trying to get autgraphs of skaters as the came out. This was somewhat strange since not everyone was allowed back stage. I wondered who they were. I started to talk to them and realized they both spoke only Spanish. They wanted autographs and I saw them rudly rebuffe by skaters finishing second and third.

They did get it across that they wanted Michelle's autograph so when Michelle came out I asked her to sign the two autograph books. Even though Michelle was being overrun by press she readily agreed, to the joy of the girls.
    A true class act from Michelle and she even stood for pictures

Some time after, I learned that the two young girls were the Grand Daughters of Smaranch, President of the International Olympic Committee.
    Morry Stillwell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast