View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?????????????????? Mystery Guest ?????????????????

0 0%
  • Colton Dixon

13 37.14%
  • DeAndre Brackensick

4 11.43%
  • Elise Testone

12 34.29%
  • Erika Van Pelt

12 34.29%
  • Heejun Han

0 0%
  • Hollie Cavanagh

16 45.71%
  • Jessica Sanchez

8 22.86%
  • Joshua Ledet

24 68.57%
  • Phillip Phillips

21 60.00%
  • Shannon Magrane

1 2.86%
  • Skylar Laine

6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Ridiculous, but Erika is from my home state, and people don't vote....for anything.

vCash
    Bottom 3 are Elise, Shannon, and Erica. Judges not happy.

Elise safe.

vCash
    I wouldn't be sending either home (Shannon has such potential) but if I had to send someone home it would be Shannon. Heejun and DeAndre escaped last night. Erica the fact that she's there is appalling and America and the teenyboppers really effed this one up... again.
    Kyle

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Figures. I watch it once, I love Erika, she's bottom 2. I'm the kiss of death.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Shannon gone. Or rather singing for her life. Not gonna happen.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Yes, Erika!

vCash
    Erika safe thankfully
    Kyle

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    No way will they use the save on Shannon. I don't even need to hear her.

ETA: She sounds somewhat better than last night....oops, now she's losing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Shannon gone.
    Breathes a sign of relief......

vCash
    Shannon is not doing enough to be saved, she'll be gone.
    Kyle

vCash
    Not surprised Shannon went out of the bottom 3. But seriously, I am almost doubting if a woman is ever going to win again.

vCash
    No use putting Shannon to such humiliation. The three stooge will save the save for one of their fave.

vCash
    It figures that the entire bottom three is female. Par for the course at this point.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    It figures that the entire bottom three is female. Par for the course at this point.
    It is really becoming pathetically predictable. It wasn't always like this, either. The judges need to start becoming really really picky about what guys get through because if a mediocre but cute guy gets on the live shows he is almost guaranteed a decent finish above some undoubtedly more talented females. I know this show isn't really about talent but since when did it become a high school superlative contest?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It is really becoming pathetically predictable. It wasn't always like this, either. The judges need to start becoming really really picky about what guys get through because if a mediocre but cute guy gets on the live shows he is almost guaranteed a decent finish above some undoubtedly more talented females. I know this show isn't really about talent but since when did it become a high school superlative contest?
    Maybe, the tweens vote more than older people?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgal View Post
    Maybe, the tweens vote more than older people?
    Of course but I am wondering when this shift happened and what caused such a shift. Maybe I just didn't pay attention before or maybe the advertising is being directed more at tweens than in the past? Any ideas?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Of course but I am wondering when this shift happened and what caused such a shift. Maybe I just didn't pay attention before or maybe the advertising is being directed more at tweens than in the past? Any ideas?
    The Tweens multi-vote whi h shouldn't be allowed IMO. But then Ryan couldn't say "we received a gagillion votes last night"

They yammered on and on about the female issue last year and yet who did the producers/judges let through in the wild card but an extra guy.

Elise and Erika are older too and don't appeal to younger voters . I see two more girls going and maybe one guy in the next three weeks. Having said that though i am not sad Shannon left. She wasn't very good from the beginning. Heejun was crap last night and I can't believe deandre was put through in the first place. He needs about three or four more years before he is ready IMO.

vCash
    It's no secret that more females watch this show than males. And, a good majority of the voting population is females under 20. Naturally, they will cast their votes for the cute guys, regardless of talent.

I'm not really heartbroken over losing Shannon, but it should have been Heejun. Hands down!

vCash
    Of course Elise didn't deserve bottom 3, but why is anyone shocked that it's 3 girls, and in particular those 3? Hollie, Jessica, and Skylar are the 3 chosen ones of the girls and will probably make top 6, and likely deservedly so. Elise isn't coming across quite as cute, young, or fun-seeming as the 3 chosen girls (well, to me she is cute and fun but that's just me), so she'll need the help of a later start order + a great performance to get the votes. Remember Haley was also slumming it in the bottom 3 the first few weeks, and then made a sudden turnaround after several other girls went home and she started giving awesome performances. So all hope is not lost for Elise, but she's going to have to come out with some major firepower because this show can't seem to sustain more than 2 or 3 girls very far into the competition. I'm more worried about Erika- her performances haven't really stood out so far for me although I think she has talent- and unless she gives a truly awesome performance AND has a great start order, she'll probably go next week. Or Elise if she does something too boring.

It seems clear that Phillip and Colton won't be going home for quite some time. They are cute, appealing, and good singers (well Phillip much moreso on all counts for me but I get it for Colton too). Joshua is the one I see possibly heading for a shock early boot but it's hard to say with conviction- I just see people tiring of his holleration. Deandre and Heejun will have to go pretty soon, but will probably both outlast one more girl.

If top 5 ends up as Hollie, Jessica, Skylar, Phillip, and Colton, I think that is when the cuts will really start to sting, but any of the 5 will be deserving of making the finale probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It's no secret that more females watch this show than males. And, a good majority of the voting population is females under 20. Naturally, they will cast their votes for the cute guys, regardless of talent.

I'm not really heartbroken over losing Shannon, but it should have been Heejun. Hands down!
    I agree, that Heejun should have gone. He was terrible.

As far as females and cuteness, a woman at work loved Deandre, because he reminded her of her grandson, who also has curly locks of hair. Forget about talent

If top 5 ends up as Hollie, Jessica, Skylar, Phillip, and Colton, I think that is when the cuts will really start to sting, but any of the 5 will be deserving of making the finale probably

I like these 5 and agree that they will be deserving of making the finale. Funny, I liked Phillip the first time that I saw him audition in Georgia. He is a true muscian.
    Last edited by birdgal; 03-16-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast