View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?????????????????? Mystery Guest ?????????????????

0 0%
  • Colton Dixon

13 37.14%
  • DeAndre Brackensick

4 11.43%
  • Elise Testone

12 34.29%
  • Erika Van Pelt

12 34.29%
  • Heejun Han

0 0%
  • Hollie Cavanagh

16 45.71%
  • Jessica Sanchez

8 22.86%
  • Joshua Ledet

24 68.57%
  • Phillip Phillips

21 60.00%
  • Shannon Magrane

1 2.86%
  • Skylar Laine

6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It wouldn't be surprising in the least if it was revealed that the list of song choices for tonight is Disc #1 of the soundtrack in Hell .

I'm not watching as I forgot it was on, but if that's tonight's offering, I'll stick to re-runs of The Big Bang Theory and the Friends marathon on Nick at Nite (and I'm not exactly a fan of Friends ).

Could some kind soul who is watching please post what each contestant sang, his/her thoughts on the performance, and what the Three Stooges had to say about them?

Also, how/what did they handle/say about Jermaine getting booted from the show?
    They showed a tape of the producers telling him he had to go for having four arrest warrants on him and lying (i.e. not disclosing it) on his application. Jermaine denied having been in a fight but didn't argue about being disqualified.

Larry likes DeAndre. Moe likes Colton. Curly prefers da goils.

vCash
    I thought them airing the Jermaine thing was pretty much jumping the shark into wholehearted reality show. Total lack of class. Ryan could have just announced it and that was it, but they had to pull the fake drama card. I'm sure Nigel is patting himself on the back, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is my last season for this show. I watch the singing, mute the judges, which makes it much more enjoyable.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    The judges are so scripted it's laughable. They just say whatever they are told to say regardless of performances.

I loved Jessica tonight so I don't get the judges reaction at all. She really let her personality shine in this performance, and I was totally when Steven told her to "stick to ballads". Ugh. STFU.

Hollie, Phillip, Skylar, Joshua, and Elise also stood out for me. Joshua's stage presence is so wonderful, he really shone tonight

vCash
    LOVED Hollie tonight. I also really enjoyed Colton, Joshua, and *shocker* Shannon!

Shannon really, really redeemed herself after last week, so good for her.

Jessica wasn't great tonight, but she certainly was not awful either. She sang it well, but I agree with the judges that the phrasing was a little off. Shouldn't be a big deal in terms of votes for her.

I think Heejun is clearly the weakest.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    votefortheworst.com is encouraging voters to phone in for "Shannon Migraine".

They also made suggestions for year of birth song choices:

Colton Dixon , 1991 - Rico Suave by Gerardo

Deandre Brackensick, 1994 - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies

Elise Testone, 1957 - The Banana Boat Song (Day-O) by Harry Belafonte

Erika Van Pelt , 1985 - Like a Virgin by Madonna

Heejun Han, 1989 - The Right Stuff by New Kids on the Block

Hollie Cavanagh , 1993 - Informer by Snow

Jermaine Jones, 1986 - Two of Hearts by Stacey Q

Jessica Sanchez, 1995 - Creep by TLC

Joshua Ledet, 1992 - I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred

Phillip Phillips , 1990 - Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul

Shannon Magrane , 1995 - Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex

Skylar Laine, 1994 - U.N.I.T.Y. by Queen Latifah
    All I can say in response is...I WISH!!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I have a much different impression of tonight than most people. I don't know about the judges because I didn't listen to them.

1 Phillip - Hard to Handle - I thought he killed it, he was the best one for me

2 Jessica - Turn the Beat Around - again no originality but this time I thought she struggled, sounded like this kind of song was out of her comfort zone, even her voice didn't sound good all the way thru

3 Hee Jun - Right Here Waiting - the original song was boring when it was a hit, now imagine it pitchy with some of the words mispronounced

4 Elise - Let's Stay Together - I really like her but I thought her choice was boring & really dated & she sounded a little naselly to me, pretty good vocal overall though

5 Deandre - Endless Love - terrible song choice for him, how can a teenager connect with those lyrics? He wanted to do Can You Hear the Love Tonight which I thought was a much better choice. I liked him in the beginning & it wasn't horrible but there's something really off-putting about him.

6 Shannon - One Sweet Day - All I could think was dear God, vote her off so I never have to listen to her again. She's a pretty girl & her voice is ok but she has no charisma (for me) & she's not an entertainer. Let her go home & make babies & sing in church.

7 Colton - Broken Heart - He was one of the best of the night. I didn't know the song but he nailed it.

8 Erika - Heaven - One of my favs but she totally oversang this song. She was much too loud. And what was the deal with that blouse & those sleeves? I thought she was going to fly away.

9 Skylar - Bonnie Raitt's Love's Sneaking Up on You - Great stage presence but I thought it was not as good as last week.

10 Joshua - When a Man Loves a Woman - First of all, if you're not Percy Sledge, don't sing this song. Second, if you're a kid & if you haven't suffered for love, don't sing this song. I thought it was hideous.

11 Hollie - Power of Love - I despise this song & despise Celine Dion but she sang it well. Her dress was much too old looking for her....just like this song selection. She needs to make younger song choices. No more power vocals for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    I loved Jessica tonight so I don't get the judges reaction at all. She really let her personality shine in this performance, and I was totally when Steven told her to "stick to ballads". Ugh. STFU.
    ITA. I really hope she doesn't listen to Steven. She needs to mix things up to do well in this competition. Doing more than ballads will not only keep some people from being bored, but will also showcase what she can do with more radio-friendly songs. Plus, we had enough power ballads tonight.

I also disagreed with Steven when he said that Colton's song choice didn't suit him. I thought it worked. I do wish he's lose the skinny black pants. His scrawny legs are distracting.

They were right about DeAndre's song choice. He seemed totally disconnected from that song. I think he may be kind of musically clueless. I wish they had waited a few years to put him on the show.

I thought they were a little too hard on Shannon last week and a bit too easy on her this week. Hollie is very talented, but I hope she at least loses the horrible pageant dress and I really would like for her to try something different. Her voice is a bit too nasally for my taste.

I really liked Phillip. He's still my favorite. I liked Colton so much better this week. Those were two of my favorites.

Joshua just clearly is not my cup of tea.

I'd send Heejun home. He just didn't have the power necessary for that song.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Are any of you familiar with Luba? She's a Canadian singer who was popular in the 80's and 90's. When I was listening to Erika in her piece with Jimmy and will.i.am I thought her voice really sounded similar to Luba's. Here's a youtube video of one of Luba's biggest hits:

Luba - How Many

vCash
    DeAndre got punked by Iovine by changing his song. He is so young that movie/song he would have been familiar with. Why would Jimmy have him sing a duet, not use the falsetto for the girl's part, and then totally dis his performance? I am with J/Lo and would like to tell Iovine he is not GOD!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Did Endless Love get remade? I thought that movie came out in 1980 or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Did Endless Love get remade? I thought that movie came out in 1980 or so.
    I don't believe the film got remade, but the song was recorded again later by Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey. That's the version that happened in the year Deandre was born.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    If they do send someone home, it should be either Hee-jun or DeAndre.

I thought they handled Jermaine's disqualification with less "drama" than usual.
    Did he think that no one would discover his "history"; or that the show would have any other option after he lied about it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    votefortheworst.com is encouraging voters to phone in for "Shannon Migraine".
    I figured we'd be hearing this before too long into the season. I had a math teacher in middle school that shares Shannon's last name and everyone called him "Mr. Migraine."

I missed the show last night (Trivia Night at the bar :40 beers: ) but watched the performances on Rickey.org. Why haven't I been doing it this way for years? I watched all of the performances in about 20 minutes. They recap what the judges spew in about a sentence, so I just watched the performance and read the recap. Saved so much time!

Elise, Joshua, Philip, and Hollie were my favorites. Shout out to Erika as well.

Deandre was bad. Heejun was horrendously awful. I'll be if both of them survive this week (assuming someone is being bounced)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Deandre was bad. Heejun awful. I'll be if both of them survive this week (assuming someone is being bounced)
    I agree but IMO Shannon needs to go 1st. None of them belong on the tour but I suppose two of them will be.

vCash
    Shannon's not a great singer but I find her appealing, I think because she's a kid who acts like a kid.

OTOH, I don't understand why Deandre is on my TV at all.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I agree but IMO Shannon needs to go 1st. None of them belong on the tour but I suppose two of them will be.
    Agree with this. HeeJun has a huge twitter following -- they want him on the tour, he will sell tickets. I think they're banking on a tweenie D'andre obsession to tix too...so,hopefully, bye bye Shannon (sorry - can't take her).

Ryan said last night the contestent with the lowest number of votes faced the potential of being sent home. My guess is, no one leaves tonight, everybody gets a second chance next week and they "combine" (aka 'manipulate') the votes for the climatic reveal of the Top Ten next week.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    IIRC, until the Judges use the "save" (aka The America Got It Wrong Override) to rescue a contestant they feel didn't deserve to be booted, Ryan always says "potential of being sent home" (or some variation therein).

vCash
    I hate the America's Got It Wrong Override.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Question: Did the producers give Heejun the Thia Megia Songbook for him to choose songs from this year?

Quote Originally Posted by nypanda View Post
    Agree with this. HeeJun has a huge twitter following -- they want him on the tour, he will sell tickets.
    dialidol.com has Heejun in last place. It is possible that they are not 100% accurate, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    IIRC, until the Judges use the "save" (aka The America Got It Wrong Override) to rescue a contestant they feel didn't deserve to be booted, Ryan always says "potential of being sent home" (or some variation therein).
    Does that exist this year? I don't remember it being mentioned. I wondered if this was gone and instead the judges got their say with week one as to who went home and who stayed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

dialidol.com has Heejun in last place. It is possible that they are not 100% accurate, however.
    Yeah, well -- the kiddos who would vote for Heejun, and follow him on Twitter, and buy concert tix don't factor into the busy signal -- they text. En masse.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast