View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?????????????????? Mystery Guest ?????????????????

0 0%
  • Colton Dixon

13 37.14%
  • DeAndre Brackensick

4 11.43%
  • Elise Testone

12 34.29%
  • Erika Van Pelt

12 34.29%
  • Heejun Han

0 0%
  • Hollie Cavanagh

16 45.71%
  • Jessica Sanchez

8 22.86%
  • Joshua Ledet

24 68.57%
  • Phillip Phillips

21 60.00%
  • Shannon Magrane

1 2.86%
  • Skylar Laine

6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    I want to hear DeAndre sing "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time" by the Delfonics.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgal View Post
    ...I liked Phillip the first time that I saw him audition in Georgia. He is a true muscian.
    American Idol should give contestants a weekly allowance so Phillip could buy some clothes and would not have to appear on the show wearing his sanitation worker clothing. (I wonder if it smells!!?? )
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ damn. Dat's cold.

but so true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It is really becoming pathetically predictable. It wasn't always like this, either. The judges need to start becoming really really picky about what guys get through because if a mediocre but cute guy gets on the live shows he is almost guaranteed a decent finish above some undoubtedly more talented females. I know this show isn't really about talent but since when did it become a high school superlative contest?
    Brian, AT&T has unlimited voting. My now teen voted for "Dre" 250 times via texting and 50 from facebook (limited) and 50 at the AI website (also limited but does not tell you when your 50 votes are up, also figured out by my daughter). Mother daughter bonding also caused me to phone in votes for DeAndre (hey, I'm a sucker for long blond hair on men too ). He has a Facebook contingent called Dre's Dreamers that have the east coast/west coast voting down.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    American Idol should give contestants a weekly allowance so Phillip could buy some clothes and would not have to appear on the show wearing his sanitation worker clothing. (I wonder if it smells!!?? )
    I still like him.

vCash
    So do I!
    Unlike some of the men, Phillip is a musician; and can really sing.

vCash
    That is why I like him so much. The music is in his blood and comes so naturally to him. It is effortless. I noticed that, when I saw his first audition in Georgia (I believe). I hope he goes far in this competition and beyond.

vCash
    AI seems not to know how to handle contestants that they don't have to "manipulate" and auto-tune. (Casey, Melinda, etc.)
    I hope that he gets a real opportunity from his exposure on the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    AI seems not to know how to handle contestants that they don't have to "manipulate" and auto-tune. (Casey, Melinda, etc.)
    Agree. The premise of the show is to "make" someone. The egos involved (Nigel, Jimmy, etc.) won't ever say that the contestants were fine just the way they are. In Casey's case, Jimmy actually tried to bully Casey into doing pop songs and that may have been a factor in Casey's ulcerative colitis flare up.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    What is Casey doing now?

vCash
    I just heard his new song on the radio about a week ago. I haven't really heard any other news, but I assume he's doing well considering that he's got music being released.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    What is Casey doing now?
    Casey's CD will be released in four days (March 20th). It features the first single, "Let's Don't Call It A Night" which hit #24 on the country charts. Casey recently released a second single, no official video yet, but here's a clip for "Workin' On It" (live in Des Moines). Casey toured last year with Sugarland as their opening act.

I still like him.
    But wait until you have to smell ol' Smelly Phil! My previous post was before I saw all of last night's episode, so I'm interested to see what kind of impact Tommy Hilfiger has on the contestants. Phillip said that he is a jeans and flip flops kind of guy...I hope he's open to Mr. H (and that Mr. H. is flexible to what works for Phillip). Phillip is quite an attractive guy, he needs to embrace that and accept that accentuating your positives is not selling out as an artist.

Unlike some of the men, Phillip is a musician; and can really sing.
    Yes, Phillip has a knack for picking songs which really showcase his one-octave voice. Phillip hit all four of the notes in "Hard to Handle" perfectly.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Might be a bit of confusion on which Casey we're talking about. The one with ulcerative colitis is Casey Abrams. The one releasing an album with Don't Lets Call It A Night is Casey James.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    "Sanitation worker?" That's one way to put the "trash" in trashing someone.

His outfits do not remind me of any sanitation worker uniforms. They do, however, remind me of outfits I've seen Dave Matthews or Jack Johnson wearing. It seems to work fine for those guys. I don't think most of Phillip's fans want him to dress differently and I think a lot of his fans wouldn't be very happy if Hilfiger talked him into wearing a suit or something dressy.

That is why I like him so much. The music is in his blood and comes so naturally to him. It is effortless. I noticed that, when I saw his first audition in Georgia (I believe). I hope he goes far in this competition and beyond.
    ITA. IMO, there's more to good singing than screaming your lungs out or randomly jumping around your vocal range.

vCash
    In regards to Phillip Phillips, last night on the news, I heard that he has been receiving treatment fro kidney stones and had a stent placed, but he is still experiencing quite a bit of pain. Backstage, I thought he appeared to be in pain. Kidney stones are one of the most painful things that someone can experience. Amazing that he was able to perform as he did.

vCash
    According to the interview with his parents, Phillip has had health issues since birth.

Casey Abrams was the person I was referring to upthread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456