vCash

Question Does anyone here own the Target version of Adele's "21" CD?

So, Target has an exclusive verison of "21", it comes with a bonus CD with four songs on it... but, it's packaged very differently than the standard edition (no hard jewel case, just paper) and I was wondering if it comes with the liner notes/booklet that the regular version has? Thanks in advance for any info, it's terribly appreciated!

-Bridget

vCash
    I bought my copy at Target, but that was a while ago. There's only one bonus track on it and it comes in the hard jewel case.

vCash
    Yeah, this one's only been available since around the time of the Grammy's and as much as I'd like the four bonus tracks, I'd rather know if there's notes first! *sigh*, I don't understand the plainer packaging since it's $2 more than the standard; there ought to be a jewel case with a paper sleeve for the seperate bonus cd (that's how it's usually done).

vCash
    People still buy CDs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    People still buy CDs?
    LOL yes, I listen to them on my Sony cd Walkman and I love me some liner notes!

vCash
    People still buy CDs?
    Yes, people still buy CDs. I do, even though they promptly get ripped into the computer and the files transfered onto the MP3 player as soon as the wrapping comes off. IMO, it's better to have my music in a hard copy format, than to just purchase the tracks online and store them as files that can become corrupted through one happenstance or another. I've had 2 workplace hard drives crash to the point of no return and thus lost all of the files (that's why my job switched over to a company-wide server and "thin clients").

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    Yeah, this one's only been available since around the time of the Grammy's and as much as I'd like the four bonus tracks, I'd rather know if there's notes first! *sigh*, I don't understand the plainer packaging since it's $2 more than the standard; there ought to be a jewel case with a paper sleeve for the seperate bonus cd (that's how it's usually done).
    Can't answer for this CD, but I do own several CDs that came in paper/cardboard packaging instead of a jewel case -- and did have liner notes. So the packaging type doesn't preclude notes.

Why not go to a Target store and ask someone in the AV dept if you can open a package? They should have a shrinkwrap machine so can re-wrap it if you end up not buying it. And they do seem to pride themselves on good customer service.

vCash
    As a Target employee, I can tell you that we don't have a shrink wrap machine and even if we did, it wouldn't work on a CD because the sticker seal would be broken and you can't sell or even return a CD after that due to copyright laws.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    As a Target employee, I can tell you that we don't have a shrink wrap machine and even if we did, it wouldn't work on a CD because the sticker seal would be broken and you can't sell or even return a CD after that due to copyright laws.
    Okeydoke. I stand corrected.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    People still buy CDs?
    yep. I've downloaded a couple of songs on itunes, but have found if I'm making a cd for someone else, itunes songs don't record that well. I had two performances that used cds I'd burned with a mix of mp3s from cds I owned and itunes for songs I either couldn't find cds for or were too expensive for just the one song - and in both cases there were playback problems (on the itunes songs only) during performances
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    People still buy CDs?
    Hehe. Believe it or not, the majority of album sales still come from physical CD's. Digital singles dominate over physical singles...if you can even find them anymore. Physical albums outsell digital albums probably 4:1 on average, maybe even more.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    People still buy CDs?
    Of course, for the car!

vCash
    I would have thought that "Deluxe" means you get the liner notes, but hard to say for sure.

I would think someone at Target would either know or could find out; I mean, it is their exclusive product.

Good luck!!!

vCash
    I've got it. It does have the booklet thingy that comes with a regular CD. Is that what you meant? The four extra tracks are good, as well.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    LOL yes, I listen to them on my Sony cd Walkman and I love me some liner notes!
    Stuck in the 90s I see.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Hehe. Believe it or not, the majority of album sales still come from physical CD's. Digital singles dominate over physical singles...if you can even find them anymore. Physical albums outsell digital albums probably 4:1 on average, maybe even more.
    Not in the UK they don't.

Digital singles dominate over physical singles...if you can even find them anymore.
    That's because physical singles aren't released any more (save for limited edition/white label releases ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I would have thought that "Deluxe" means you get the liner notes, but hard to say for sure.
    A booklet is generally always included in any version of a physical album.

Deluxe means that there's something extra added, usually one or two songs or a video.

vCash
    Hehe. Believe it or not, the majority of album sales still come from physical CD's.
    Not in the UK they don't.
    Last year in the UK 86.2 million album CDs were sold (down on 2010)compared with 26.6 million downloaded albums (increase on 2010) although overall figures were down. And there was a surprising - to me - increase in vinyl albums.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...CDs-slump.html