Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Then you look at the dance event and V/M and D/W while they deserve the best PCS (especialy V/M IMO) they are so far ahead of the others in PCS they could fall three times and still come out ahead.
    that is some messed up stuff...........

vCash
    I even read a couple times judges are reprimanded if their order of rank from component to component of the various PC segments is out of line hardly any with the others. How stupid is that, dont they have 5 seperate component marks to score seperately how strong an individual is in each category.
    I didn't see the original comment you reference, but I would have understood the notion of order of rank being out of line as referring to how other judges rated the skaters on that one component. In other words, if the rest of the panel thought Skater A had the best Skating Skills, then you had better also have him 1st or maybe second best on your SS marks. That isn't to say that Skater A would also have the highest Transition mark (or whatever).

I suspect this thinking is left over from the ordinal scoring systems, where judges whose ordinals were out of line with the panel were suspected of either incompetence or funny business.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345