Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    The US coach training was done in 2010, before the revised Moves were introduced. Every PSA and USFSA educational seminar/workshop I attended for over a year included a review of the moves with teaching techniques.

The Eights were addressed, but the main concerns were learning all the steps and teaching the loops and twizzles for the other patterns. At all of them, the leaders specified that the skaters were not expected to demonstrate the precision that was Compulsory Figures. (Things like clean centers, overlaid tracings and even lobes weren't going to be as picayune as Figures.)

The biggest bit of confusion is on the circle sizes. Each circle (not the entire pattern width) is supposed to be three times the skater's height in diameter. It's not in writing for the Waltz Eight, so only coaches who did Figures are "in the know."

vCash
    USFS and PSA can offer all the training sessions in the world, but they can't force the coaches to go. The trouble is, the coaches who need the education the most are generally the ones least likely to attend.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    USFS and PSA can offer all the training sessions in the world, but they can't force the coaches to go. The trouble is, the coaches who need the education the most are generally the ones least likely to attend.
    Which is the same thing that happens in Australia, I see the same coaches and judges making the effort to educate themselves at seminars everytime, while the ones who need it the most see themselves above such education....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112