vCash

Swimming: Michael Phelps Comes Out. . .

of retirement He'll compete late this month in Arizona. The plan is to compete in Rio, which would be his fifth Olympics.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Whoa! Well that's unexpected! I mean, I can definitely see him missing the thrill of competition...but I really thought he was done. But hey, if he can do it, power to him!

vCash
    Good luck to him!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    That is brill news!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I'm excited at the possibility of being able to watch him swim again. The sport isn't the same without him. He is just sprinting at the upcoming meet, 50 and 100free, 100fly, getting his toes wet, so to speak. Also, if he's aiming for Rio (and it would be a less ambitious affair even than London, I'm sure), those are the races that would let him potentially participate in both 400 relays. I guess the 200IM would depend on whether he really commits to a true comeback, and I suspect we've seen the last of the 200fly from him.

You can take the swimmer out of the pool, but it's hard to take the desire to train out of the swimmer.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    He had rejoined the drug testing pool last year and there were reports that he was seriously training. You could tell at last year's Worlds that he was not done; he was just wistful. Couple that with the US showing (respectable but not dominating like the past few years), that would have been enough to cajole him back into the pool.

vCash
    good news for us swimming team.. the team will be formidable in rio.. with ledecky and franklin.. plus couple young prospects of caeleb dressel, jack conger, ryan murphy, michael andrew, simone manuel.. etc..