Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    I saw Sui/Han live at 4CC. She looked young but I could believe she is 15 or 16. She just didn't look like she has blossomed yet.

And they may still look raw and be critical all you like but they have "it" on the ice. The audience at 4CC was very appreciative and I loved seeing them live.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I don't think China pairs will podium in Sochi at all unless S/H and Y/J improved their skating skills dramatically by then. Perhaps beyond Sochi? Times up for Z/Z and P/T. I think Y/J are more lyrical than S/H though I am impressed by S/H youthful exuberance on ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    She looks about 11 or 12 to me.

It will be interesting to see how she grows and if she gets too tall for him. He isn't very tall.
    I think she's already grown some and the bios have not been updated in a while. In pictures on the podium she looked roughly the same size Davankova who is listed as 150 cm or 4'11", so I think Sui is taller than 143 cm. You can tell the bios haven't been updated recently for the Chinese team because Yu is clearly way taller than the 150 cm she is listed as, her legs are very long and she towered over both the other girls on the podium and is not even all that much shorter than Jin, she's probably 160 cm by now at least.

vCash
    sui is probably around 4'9" now.

2009 Dec, junior grand prix final Podium Photo

http://sports.cnhubei.com/xtzh/20091...7815052554.jpg
    Yue Zhang 5'1" according to ISU Bio (more likely 5'3")
    Lei Wang 6'0"
    Wenjing Sui 4'7"
    Con Han 5'7"

2011March junior world championships

http://www.hinews.cn/pic/0/11/51/74/11517416_379513.jpg

narumi takahashi 4'9"
    Mervin Tran 5'9"

Cong Han 5'7"
    Wenjing Sui seems 4'9"

Ksenia Stolbova 5'2"
    Fedor Klimov 5'11.4"

2012 Feb, 4cc

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/gett...-138850311.jpg

Left
    Caydee Denney 5'0" according to bio (looks like 5'3")
    John Coughlin 6'2"

Middle
    Cong Han 5'7"
    Wenjing Sui seems 4'9"

Right
    Mary Beth Marley 4'9.5"
    Rockne Brubaker 5'9"

Sui grew ~2 inches between 2009Dec to 2011Mar, but almost stayed the same height from 2011 Mar to 2012 Feb. I grew only 1 inch after 12 years old. So it could be possible for her to stay that height.
    Last edited by zgr4088; 03-10-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I submitted an incomplete post by error. This time is a complete one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zgr4088 View Post
    sui is probably around 4'9" now.

2009 Dec, junior grand prix final

http://sports.cnhubei.com/xtzh/20091...7815052554.jpg
    Yue Zhang 5'1" according to ISU Bio (more likely 5'3")
    Lei Wang 6'0"
    Wenjing Sui 4'7"
    Con Han 5'7"

http://www.hinews.cn/pic/0/11/51/74/11517416_379513.jpg

I grew only 1 inch after 12 years old. It could be possible for her to stay that height.
    I grew 3" after high school so everyone is different. There is no magic number where ever one just stops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I grew 3" after high school so everyone is different. There is no magic number where ever one just stops.
    Sorry, I wanted to compare three pictures from 2009 Dec to 2012 Feb, but somehow I hit the submit button before I finish it.

vCash
    Might Yu outgrow Jin? She already looks tall and her legs suggest she might grow taller. She looks way more than 4'11" and he looks shorter than 6'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Might Yu outgrow Jin? She already looks tall and her legs suggest she might grow taller. She looks way more than 4'11" and he looks shorter than 6'.
    That is possible too. That is what the worry would be. If atleast one, preferably both, of Yu & Jin and Sui & Han dont survive the growth spurt post 2014, as most of us seem to concede no Chinese pair will make a huge impact until after Sochi, then the situation for Chinese pairs moving forward looks bleak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Jin is almost 6' (5'11.5" according to his bio). Yu can grow to 5'4.5" for an acceptable height difference 7" as Shen/Zhao's

vCash
    Actually, Bo Luan, S/H and Y/J's coach, is coaching about 6 or more junior pairs. Some of them got quad twist and quad throw. If Yu out grows Jin and Sui out grows Han, then how about Sui and Jin? Find another partner for Han.

vCash
    Cong Han's former partner was on the substitute list of 2012 JWC. That girl outgrew him.

vCash
    Jin is almost 6' (5'11.5" according to his bio). Yu can grow to 5'4.5" for an acceptable height difference 7" as Shen/Zhao's
    Well, hopefully she won't exceed that, but it could be possible if she is actually around 5'3" now, which she appears to be judging from those pictures at junior worlds.

vCash
    Cong Han's former partner was on the substitute list of 2012 JWC. That girl outgrew him.
    Who's that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Who's that?
    The girl is Cheng Peng
    Her current partner is Tianci Zhang

vCash
    The girl is Cheng Peng
    Her current partner is Tianci Zhang
    Never heard of these two before. They are pretty good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqrpHUs4qkc

Very nice sbs 3T. Where did they place?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Never heard of these two before. They are pretty good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqrpHUs4qkc

Very nice sbs 3T. Where did they place?
    Peng/Zhang placed 6th overall (of 10 pairs) in the Chinese National Winter Games - link to results/protocols/a video playlist posted in the competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...6&postcount=23
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-12-2012 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    They are good! Might they get a JGP next year?

P.S. She looks like she is wearing Mao's dress from 09-10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Peng/Zhang placed 6th overall (of 10 pairs) in the Chinese National Winter Games - link to results/protocols/a video playlist posted in the competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...6&postcount=23
    Thanks for looking this up. So they placed sixth after all the better known teams who have been competing internationally, except Li/Jiang (9th), who did JGP's and JW. They are doing really well after one season together (and one season of pairs altogether for Zhang, I think). Personally I wish they had been sent to JW instead of Li/Jiang. But I think it's politics at play again. Li/Jiang are not coached by Luan, who coaches both Sui/Han and Yu/Jin, as well as Peng/Zhang. The Chinese federation was probably spreading the wealth a little among the coaches. Maybe Yu/Jin and Sui/Han will both go senior next year, and then Peng/Zhang as well as Wang/Zhang will get a chance to do JGP's (I'm sure Li/Jiang will go again -- though I wish they would switch coaches or something, because they have awful skating skills and are packaged terribly).

vCash
    I think realistically S/H should be between 5-10th place. They are still very young and I am sure the judges will make them wait their turn (which they should). I don't see them challenging for medal until after Sochi. Hopefully by them both the german pair and top two Russian pairs would be retire by them then all the young pairs will be mature and developed as all rounded skaters, not just jumping and throwing .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    I think realistically S/H should be between 5-10th place. They are still very young and I am sure the judges will make them wait their turn (which they should). I don't see them challenging for medal until after Sochi. Hopefully by them both the german pair and top two Russian pairs would be retire by them then all the young pairs will be mature and developed as all rounded skaters, not just jumping and throwing .
    If everyone skates reasonably well at Worlds I would be dissapointed if Sui & Han were placed any higher than 6th. All 3 Russian teams, Savchenko & Szolkowy, and Pang & Tong ought to be above them in that case, based on what their current level is. If they are any higher than that, unless 1 of those teams messed up (not too unlikely, Barazova & Larinov imparticular well could, and they are the team that would have the least margin of error to begin with), then I will start to worry about the judging and what politiks might be at play to their rise. Savchenko & Szolkowy and Volosozhar & Trankov should have atleast a 3 fall cushion over them at this point, they are much better both on the TES and PCS right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast