View Poll Results: Should Pair spins have the same rules in pairs and dance?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like pleasing positions

9 64.29%
  • No - I like labored spins

5 35.71%
    vCash

Pair Spins - for Dance & Pairs

When you watch the dancers and you watch the pair skaters do their pair spins, it's clear that the dancers have the pair teams beat. However, it is much easier for a dance team to get a level 4 spin.

I feel that perhaps the rules should be changed for pairs to have the same rules as dance in the pair spin department. It would make for less labored spins and more pleasing positions perhaps. What say you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    When you watch the dancers and you watch the pair skaters do their pair spins, it's clear that the dancers have the pair teams beat. However, it is much easier for a dance team to get a level 4 spin.

I feel that perhaps the rules should be changed for pairs to have the same rules as dance in the pair spin department. It would make for less labored spins and more pleasing positions perhaps. What say you?
    I didn't vote because I didn't like choices. I don't think all dancers have pleasing positions in the spins and I don't think all pairs spins are labored, it depends in what team you are looking at. I prefer the position changes in pairs, they are far more athletic and interesting and when done well.

If a team can't spin correctly no matter if they are a pairs team or a dance team the spin will look labored.

vCash
    ^^ would you agree though that most pair spins look bad in comparison to most dance spins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    ^^ would you agree though that most pair spins look bad in comparison to most dance spins?
    No, I wouldn't use the term bad, dance spins look easier because they use different criteria.

This spin by S/S has many more difficult positions compared to V/M which looks much easier.

That's why I prefer the athletic side of pairs to dancers, the lifts, jumps, throws, twists... etc. The dancers are much faster with better choreography that's why they have different criteria for each discipline and separate the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I didn't vote because I didn't like choices. I don't think all dancers have pleasing positions in the spins and I don't think all pairs spins are labored, it depends in what team you are looking at. I prefer the position changes in pairs, they are far more athletic and interesting and when done well.

If a team can't spin correctly no matter if they are a pairs team or a dance team the spin will look labored.
    I didn't vote for the same reason.

vCash
    Pairs spins are much more difficult than dance spins. There is no comparison.