Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    And I have no idea what Bopper is saying half the time...
    Yes. He needs constant subtitles, as far as I'm concerned. However, I begrudgingly admit that this team is growing on me. I like how Pukey whips out the cheaters every time he has to read something. So cute/funny.

Rachel makes Flo look like... Well, I can't think of any comparison, but Rachel is waaaay worse than Flo x1,000,000. I actually found Flo somewhat entertaining and loved Zac. Brendan is just an enabler.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Didn't Vanessa actually try to block Rachel and have her stuck on the watermelon truck and her BF told her not to do it? That meltdown would have been epic and almost worth paying money to see!
    Apparently Brenchel was trying to block Vanessa and Ralph at the airport, which is what inspired Vanessa's snark there. Or so says Vanessa and Ralph.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Apparently Brenchel was trying to block Vanessa and Ralph at the airport, which is what inspired Vanessa's snark there. Or so says Vanessa and Ralph.
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see that.

But I like Ralph.....he is cool and level headed and doesn't let Vanessa get too far out of hand. Brendon, OTH, supports Rachel in her and it may be what does them in.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see that.
    It wasn't shown. And I don't know if it's true; it's just how Vanessa and Ralph explained Vanessa wanting to block Brenchel.

But I like Ralph.....he is cool and level headed and doesn't let Vanessa get too far out of hand. Brendon, OTH, supports Rachel in her and it may be what does them in.
    I just read their bios today and Ralph is a former MMA fighter who owns a bar; he said that his experience handling drunks was one advantage for him because he doesn't let people get to him. I'd think being an MMA fighter would have similar benefits; good MMA fighters are patient and observant and know not to be distracted by competitor mind games.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I just read their bios today and Ralph is a former MMA fighter who owns a bar; he said that his experience handling drunks was one advantage for him because he doesn't let people get to him. I'd think being an MMA fighter would have similar benefits; good MMA fighters are patient and observant and know not to be distracted by competitor mind games.
    I never read the bios....explains why I always do so poorly with the predictions, huh?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    What is MMA?
    Ralph seems ok, Vanessa - annoying.
    I watch Big Brother so Brenchel are what was I expected. Brendan seems a little less controlling, but Rachel is Rachel - go hide in the bushes and cry like she did in BB last summer. I like the teachers/FBI agents. Border agents are good, but I agree with others, their comments/confidence will do them in.
    I am liking Bopper and Pukey also, first episode, not so much, but they are growing on me each episode. Amusing and fairly competant. Military guy & wife - could go far, but their issues might get in their way.
    This past episode - hard tasks. Watermelons cracked me up - how sloppy some were. Sometimes slow and steady will win. Also love when the locals are watching the tasks. And I just love Phil. Happy with the show so far this season.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I never read the bios....explains why I always do so poorly with the predictions, huh?
    I don't know that it helps, really, but it's sometimes interesting to find out what they do (I would not have thought Vanessa was a writer, for example) and what they think their strengths are.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    What is MMA?
    Mixed Martial Arts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I didn't realize this until after the episode had finished -- but CBS completely spoiled the outcome (barring NEL) of last night's episode. In their "extended season preview" they showed an airport fight between Rachel and Vanessa, with Rachel saying something about "being against her this whole entire race," and we definitely have not seen that air yet. So it was pretty much a given that the twins were going to not survive the leg.

I'm glad Vanessa & Ralph managed to squeak out and survive the leg, because if they can somehow cause Brenchel to continuously switch detour tasks ( ) and cost them valuable time, I'm all for it.

Ratings were good last night! 10.3+ million!
    Phil more or less spoiled it too - he tweeted during the show "Vanessa and Rachel - an Amazing Race rivalry is born", and I seriously doubt he'd have done so had Vanessa been eliminated. And suggests they both stay for at least some time which is in the case of Brenchel. Ugh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123