vCash

Help with Word and Excel Tests

I have to take a Word and Excel tests for a job that I applied for. It's been years since I've done this type of assessment and was kind of surprised at having to do one now. Anyway, long story short, does anyone know if there are websites that have good tutorials and assessments that I can practice on? I am pretty good with both programs, but when testing, you never know what they're going to ask and from what I remember, they can be tricky. Thanks in advance for your help!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    www.lynda.com is good. www.dice.com has a consultant cram board where they can learn enough to get past the tech interview.

vCash
    Don't know any websites, but best of luck on the job!!!

vCash
    When I was doing temp work I went to so many agencies that used so many different types of tests for both Word and Excell. Biggest pain these days is trying to come to grips with Office 2010. Why do they have to try and make everything so "user friendly"? Doesn't help when you are so used to the older versions.

Good luck with it all and hope you get the job.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Here's what seems to be a good tutorial on how to strategize for an Excel modeling and business planning exercise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfvkFDxus0

This guy has a number of Excel videos up at his channel (wstss):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7a94-5auVo

Unless I'm selecting multiple non-adjacent cells, or large ranges of cells, I try to avoid using the mouse if at all possible on Excel, except for certain functions for which I've built a customized toolbar. Here's a list of Excel shortcuts; there are probably many more lists out there.
    http://www.exceltip.com/st/The_Best_...t_Excel/1.html

The shortcuts I use the most include Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-1, Alt-E-S-V, Alt-E-S-T, Ctrl-[arrow], and, of course, F9 (assuming autocalc is turned off).
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 03-09-2012 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    What i hate about those tests are the short time limit. You are asked to do this and that and before you can figure it out it's time to move on to the next. Last one I took where I have to link formulas in multiple worksheets and sort data and produce three kinds of graph at the end drove me crazy. Bottom line I told them then that my score does not reflect my overall excel skills.

I also remember some sample test I took on line but I have to buy them if I can only remember the link...

Go get them Fiveringer!

vCash
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their input......I took my tests this morning and passed with flying colors. Thanks to everyone!!!

ETA: It helped a lot that I was given the choice of which versions of Microsoft I wanted to use....2003, 07 or 2010.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    Congrats, and good luck with the job!!!

vCash
    Congrats!!!!

vCash
    Well done on the tests
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.