Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

American Horror Story, Season 2: Casting news

Casting and location news ... SPOILERS if you will.

Jessica Lange will be returning "in a big way," says Ryan Murphy.
    We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around her [brand new] character,” Murphy tells EW.com. “This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite-of-the-Constance character for her.”

The EP also announced that he will reveal the identities of the three other actors who have signed on to return for Season 2 this Friday at the American Horror Story PaleyFest panel, so stick close to TVLine for the scoop.
    First of these leaked was:
    Zachary Quinto, who will be the "male co-lead" Lange and he were electric in their showdown scene in S1.
    Like Lange, he will play a brand new character next season, which is set at an East Coast institution. What’s more, I have learned that Quinto will play one of two male leads and the nemesis to Lange’s character, which will be at the center of the Season 2 storyline.
    Also announced:
    Evan Peters (diabolical murderous Tate in S1)
    Sarah Paulson (Ghost researcher/Constance's pal in S1)
    Lily Rabe (Nora, the confused 1920s ghost/mother of the infantata)

I like that this is apparently a completely different story, perhaps the perfect recipe for overcoming Murphy's penchant for not able to build on the characters and stories that were so intriguing in his prior series' excellent first seasons. New setting, new characters ... could save Murphy from himself, and give us a second season of delicious, creepy ridiculousness.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am really curious to see how they use the same actors but give them different characters. It is going to feel really weird at first but Ryan Murphy may be reinventing the television series yet again. I hope the young girl comes back, she was my favorite along with Lange's character and Peters.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I approve. Very happy with who's coming back so far, and especially with a Lange v. Quinto storyline. Those two were great snarking at each other in the first season.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I watched the first two episodes and trailed off. Did Season 1 come to a total end? This is an interesting approach.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    S1 definitely had a wrapping-up. Though, a second season - done right - could've have explored some angles teeing off of the finale.

... including, Constance's life raising her new ward /

Spoiler

, and the core family's new living

Spoiler

situation.

I'm glad that this seemingly won't be attempted, though.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    S1 definitely had a wrapping-up. Though, a second season - done right - could've have explored some angles teeing off of the finale.

... including, Constance's life raising her new ward /

Spoiler

, and the core family's new living

Spoiler

situation.

I'm glad that this seemingly won't be attempted, though.
    I remember reading an article that said they "may" revisit the Season 1 house/storyline in a future season(Season 4 or 5).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am really curious to see how they use the same actors but give them different characters. It is going to feel really weird at first but Ryan Murphy may be reinventing the television series yet again. I hope the young girl comes back, she was my favorite along with Lange's character and Peters.
    The Nero Wolfe Mysteries on A&E used to do that all the time. Or something like it. Certain actors like Tim Hutton and Maury Chaykin played the same characters all the way through, but then other actors, like Kari Matchett and James Tolkan, played lots of different characters. Essentially they had their own little repertory company, and it was pretty cool.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    More casting news: The Voice's/Maroon 5's Adam Levine, red-hot in Hollywood and in my fantasies, is in final negotiations to appear. I'm not sure in what capacity ... one episode, multi-ep arc, or what. I'll take him however they want to give him -- I only ask that he inherits Dylan M's wardrobe, or lack thereof.

Description of the role from EW:

Spoiler

Also, while Downton Abbey has/was moved (rightfully) to compete in the "drama series" category, versus miniseries, AHS is cleared to compete in the miniseries category. The reasoning is sound, I think: "Because of its anthology format, meaning brand new storylines and cast each season, a season of AHS could be perceived as a miniseries/limited series."

This move will likely help AHS win more nominations and perhaps win more than just Jessica Lange's. OHOH, I wanted Jessica to snag the Emmy for Best Actress, Drama Series, versus the lesser "... in a Mini-Series.

vCash
    Yay. A thread for one of my favorite series!

Loved the flashbacks in Season #1 showing the horrifying history of the house and the genesis of the ghosts.

I also loved the way they integrated the mystery of the famous Black Dahlia Murder into the history of the house. Anyone remember that?

vCash
    Beefy here, with the AHSNN semi-regular report:

The setting for Season 2 will be on the

Spoiler

. Ryan Murphy says to not expect Lange to be anything similar to her campy Constance. Good move! It's vital to there are almost no similarities in any of the actors' new roles. I'd like to see Jessica's character be earnestly trying to deal with what's going on versus giving Baby Jane a run for her money.

And, then, Season 3 can swing back to Constance, as she tries to raise, nurture, and protect her young devil boy serial killer.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 04-24-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    "AHS" season 2:Chloe Sevigny in talks as Jessica Lange's nemisis:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...s-nemesis.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "AHS" season 2:Chloe Sevigny in talks as Jessica Lange's nemisis:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...s-nemesis.html
    I hope this pans out because I LOVE Chloe Sevigny and would love to see her battle it out with Jessica Lange.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Chloe Sevigny has always been a perfect fit for this show. I hope she signs on!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I found this article very interesting: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00049809.html (This would include some spoilers if you don't want to know anything about the casting)

Murphy was at an event promoting the series with several of the season 1 cast members. Of those there, Quinto, Lange, Rabe, and Peters were already announced as being the season two cast. However, Murphy said that

Spoiler

vCash
    I have a feeling the season 2 premiere is going to break all sorts of ratings records for FX.
    -Brian

vCash
    Ryan Murphy tweeted a link to an extremely vague teaser for season 2 today: https://twitter.com/MrRPMurphy

I can't wait for season 2! The additions of Chloe Sevigny and Clea Duvall are particularly exciting for me!

vCash
    Just watched the preview.

What was she dumping out of the bucket?
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Just watched the preview.

What was she dumping out of the bucket?
    It seemed like some sort of organs. I wondered if it was brain bits from lobotomies...now, the question becomes, why is she dropping organs in the woods?

vCash
    Bump!

The new season starts on Wednesday the 17th, and I realized I'm going to be home alone when it's on. I wonder if I can call my mommy to come over ...

vCash
    I saw that you need to set this to record on your DVR or what not EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT SET FROM LAST YEAR. Apparently it won't record because they have changed the name, adding : Asylum at the end. This will cause most DVR's to not record it without it being manually set. SO SET IT TO RECORD!!!
    -Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast