vCash

World Juniors on CBC

Pairs and Dance from World Juniors was on CBC today. Tomorrow they'll show Men and Ladies.

vCash
    Just curious - how many/which free skates of the pair and dance teams were shown today?

Here's the link for the schedule: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

CBC main network:
    Sat Mar 3 3:00 PM World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs
    Sun Mar 4 2:00 PM World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    Mon Mar 5 12:30 AM CBC Sports Late Night: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - encore

CBC BOLD:
    Thu Mar 8 12:00 AM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs

cbcsports.ca [apparently not geoblocked ]
    Sat Mar 3 3:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs
    Link to broadcast: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2205251154

Sun Mar 4 1:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    Fri Mar 9 12:00 AM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Just curious - how many/which free skates of the pair and dance teams were shown today?

Here's the link for the schedule: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

CBC main network:
    Sat Mar 3 3:00 PM World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs
    Sun Mar 4 2:00 PM World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    Mon Mar 5 12:30 AM CBC Sports Late Night: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - encore

CBC BOLD:
    Thu Mar 8 12:00 AM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs

cbcsports.ca [usually geoblocked but not always]
    Sat Mar 3 3:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Pairs and Dance Free Programs
    Sun Mar 4 1:00 PM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    Fri Mar 9 12:00 AM Championship Figure Skating on CBC: World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Men's and Women's Free Programs
    I think they showed the top 4 dancers and the top 5 pairs. They also had a longish feature on why Canada hardly ever has top women competitors. It was a nice show, considering that I wasn't expecting any coverage at all this year. I was also impressed at the quality of the skating.

vCash
    Link to today's broadcast - not geoblocked in US :
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2205251154

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    I think they showed the top 4 dancers and the top 5 pairs. They also had a longish feature on why Canada hardly ever has top women competitors. It was a nice show, considering that I wasn't expecting any coverage at all this year. I was also impressed at the quality of the skating.
    Oh, I love those types of fluff pieces. I could just listen to Tracy and PJ go on and on about the state of ladies skating. I know I will rewatch that fluff piece over any of the performances today.

vCash
    What are their thoughts on why Canada so rarely has top ladies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Oh, I love those types of fluff pieces. I could just listen to Tracy and PJ go on and on about the state of ladies skating. I know I will rewatch that fluff piece over any of the performances today.
    Oh me too! So much more interesting than seeing the full performances of our potential future stars like Bell/Sylvester and Bobak/Beharry. And I definitely didn’t care about seeing Poulin/Servant at all…..
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    That was very lousy of CBC.ca. It's only 10:42, why are they showing Jason Brown already? We only managed to see 3 of the men in the final flight????

vCash
    Is there any way to find out whether the World Jr Men & Ladies program will ever "Become Available", given that the Pairs/Dance show is available?

vCash
    Good question! I'd like to know as well. Is there a contact page on the CBC site we can use?

vCash
    They have a "Contact Us" page

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

I tried emailing them, and this is what you get:

Nevertheless, your feedback is important to us! All e-mails are read and your comments, complaints, and concerns are added to our Audience Reaction Report. Each week, the report is distributed to our senior producers, programmers and the President and CEO, Hubert T. Lacroix.
    Whoopie