Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash

ANTM Cycle 18 - Yanks vs. Brits

Did anyone else know this was on? I didn't even realize until an hour ago that a new cycle was starting up tonight .

Tyrant is pitting 7 American chicks (none w/ any prior NTM experience) up against 7 British gals (all of whom are previous contestants on Britain's Next Top Model).

I don't have a TV in the office so I can't do PBP, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like this is going to be one of the bitchier, seasons in a long while.

As far as the hamsters go, some of the British chicks have potential, but most of the American ones are absolutely trainwrecks - WOOF . Whoever does the makeovers is really going to have their work cut out for them.

After the last disaster of the "All-Stars" Cycle, I decided I was pretty much done, but given the choice between this or American Idol, I'll take the cheesy snarkfest that won't make my ears bleed (for now, at least ).
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Agh, I didn't even know it was on!

vCash
    Did not know this was on; totally missed it.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    During a commercial break, I started channel surfing and got caught up in watching something else and missed the rest of it .

The CW website usually uploads episodes after a few days (plus Comcrap should have it On Demand by this weekend) -- If I watch it, I'll post a summary and some snarkage about it.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    What a weird concept. I remember most of the Brtish girls. Catherine, Big Angry Louise, Alisha, and Sophie were all runners-up on their cycles. Jasmia came in third; Anneliese made it about halfway through her cycle and Ashley must have been booted early, because I don't remember her at all.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Ashley was in Sophie's cycle, she came third or fourth. She was quite a personality, very abrasive (ok, bitchy) and her Scottish accent got unintelligible when she was angry or drunk (both of these occurred a lot). She is my favourite going in.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    It was atrocious. I'm wondering why the UK women are doing this. Are they getting paid? I'll still watch it.

vCash
    Next week's photo shoot was called "creepy" by TVGuide magazine. Tyra's dressing them up as

Spoiler

vCash
    I actually enjoyed it way more than the past two seasons...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolineL View Post
    Ashley was in Sophie's cycle, she came third or fourth. She was quite a personality, very abrasive (ok, bitchy) and her Scottish accent got unintelligible when she was angry or drunk (both of these occurred a lot). She is my favourite going in.
    Oh, her. Yes, now I remember. Better her than Stephanie, the incredibly self-absorbed princess who would not shut up. I think she was in Big Angry Louise's cycle.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Next week's photo shoot was called "creepy" by TVGuide magazine. Tyra's dressing them up as

Spoiler

Spoiler

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post

Spoiler

Is Tyra just batshit insane? These cycles are so strange compared to the early ones, where I had a strange sort of respect for her.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    Is Tyra just batshit insane? These cycles are so strange compared to the early ones, where I had a strange sort of respect for her.
    I think she's forgone looking for a model and is now just in it for the entertainment.

ETA If anyone is interested, EW has next week's pictures. I think "creepy" might be a bit of an understatement, but that's just me.

vCash
    I watched the first 25-30 min or so. It just didn't keep my interest.

vCash
    The really manly US girl, OMG. I like the plus size girls and the native American and the one who survived bottom two from Scotland. I don't need the subtitles, perfectly understandable to me.

vCash
    OK, this show has been jumping little baby sharks for years, but, this one is a
    Great White.
    The British girls are supposed to have experience and they were worse than the US girls who are completely new.
    And the US girls were pretty bad too.
    What a train wreck. I don't know if I will watch the rest of the season, it seems twice as phony as usual.

vCash
    I actually love this cycle so far! I wasn't expecting to, but I think the Americans look amazing and the Brits have great personalities. Love Sophie and Laura!

vCash
    Oh! Next week is fun!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEA0v...layer_embedded

Kelly Cutrone seems like a ginormous biatch, it's not surprising she could generate this kind of response. She totally had an attitude problem but geez Louise I loved her "I don't want to be a f*cking brand on this f*cking bul*shit" SO much!

vCash
    I caught up this weekend. Kelly doesn't have a nice word for anyone!

vCash
    This show still gets renewed? I haven't watched it since goodness knows when.

Over the weekend, cycle six was being aired on the Style channel. Things have really gone downhill since then. Danielle/Joanie are one of my favorite final two in the history of the series. Back then the girls actually looked as if they could have made it as models. I've gotten the feeling that as far the the American contestants are concerned, those in charge of casting have run out of decent girls to add to the show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast