Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Umm-a Finnstep is one of the most watched skating youtube videos of all time (currently over 1.5 million page views!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwAgMg09v8
    Perhaps this is what the Olympic Committee is going for They might be feeling that the attention on the OD was less in 2010 than it was in 2006 where we had the falls and skimpy outfits, and want to spice it up a little

vCash
    With so many teams training in Michigan, it would be great to see someone do some hip hop by Eminem, a Detroit area native.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRVP6cx48M

"Love the Way You Lie" is great for the love/hate relationship going on in the lyrics. Lots of potential for drama!

vCash
    So with the March rhythm, will there be some John Phillip Sousa music like the Stars and Strips Forever? If so I am thinking about a routine based on Stripes or Private Benjamin. Oo, how about a Star Wars Program (thinking Samuelson and Gilles since they tweeted about seeing it recently). Or a Peter and the Wolf March? Barnum and Bailey theme anyone? Are University Fight songs considered marching music?

I will take march music over polka anyday.

vCash
    With over SEVEN MILLION views, this is the best ice skating hip hop ever!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxpjtcBAG8

vCash
    If it is marching, I want to see a couple dress as Mr Gumby and skate to the Liberty March, or better known as the Monty Python theme music.

They can get their heads stuck in the gate.

Or they could do a interpretive version of the Dead Parrot sketch.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    It's going to be interesting to see how the skaters handle the Finnstep in 2014. As I recall, the year it was skated at Euros/4ccs, all the teams really struggled with it. I guess they will have almost a year to perfect it, but it is a very difficult dance.

vCash
    I would love for some team to do a hip hop/blues short dance in which they use a "clean" hip hop song and then skate to a blues song like "I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl" (with lyrics like "I need a little sugar in my bowl, I need a little hot dog, on my roll"); "Big Long Slidin' Thing (supposedly about a trombonist); "Banana in Your Fruit Basket"("Let me put my banana in your fruit basket, then i'll be satisfied"); or "Big Ten Inch Record" (lyrics here).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    ... and then skate to a blues song like "I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl"
    Hey I already did this one last year for an artistic (the Queen Latifa version). Although I was thinking of resurrecting it for a solo freedance.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Umm-a Finnstep is one of the most watched skating youtube videos of all time (currently over 1.5 million page views!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwAgMg09v8

Oh goodness, I'd forgotten about that. I feel so bad for her, but oh my goodness...right after they had finished, and everyone is clapping and there is maybe a whistle or two, and then they showed this shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...gMg09v8#t=160s I just died. It's like all these old people are thinking, "The hussy, she just flashed us! How dare she!".

vCash
    wrong thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I remember Hoffman/Zavozin's hip hop. I saw that and just went,

Spoiler

[cut for profanity, but man, that thing suck... erm, was not very good. And I like Max and Nora. But oy. There was no hip in that hip hop.]
    I feel bad for what I said here. I was overly harsh. It's not that they weren't trying hard, and I appreciated the effort. I do like it when skaters try to do something more modern, musically, on ice. It's just that in general (not for everyone, but in general), it can be hard for someone who is trained in and focuses on ballet, and in ice dance, where upright, balletic posture is so important, to get down enough to do hip hop well. This isn't specific to Max and Nora.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    What kind of music would work for finstep ????
    is it associated with another dance ?? Like polka/walz this year ???
    thank you !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    What kind of music would work for finstep ????
    is it associated with another dance ?? Like polka/walz this year ???
    thank you !
    I believe that it is based on the Quickstep ballroom dance.

vCash
    ISU Communication 1738, describing Short Dance Requirements for the 2013-2014 season:

Senior

Quickstep
    or
    Quickstep plus one or two of the following Rhythms: Foxtrot, Charleston, Swing.

The Pattern Dance Elements must be skated on the Quickstep Rhythm, in the style of Quickstep. The tempo of the music throughout the Pattern Dance Elements must be constant and in accordance with the required tempo of the Pattern Dance Finnstep, i.e. 52 measures of two beats or 104 beats per minute, plus or minus 2 beats per minute.
    The OD season that should look most like these SD's will is the 2004-2005 season, where the OD rhythms were quickstep, foxtrot & Charleston.

The result should resemble the 2008-2009 OD's (dances of 20's, 30's, & 40's), but without any waltzes.

Another season's OD's that should look kind of similar: the 2000-2001 season (Quickstep, Charleston, Foxtrot, March ) but without the March

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123