View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baylie Brown

0 0%
  • Brielle Von Hugel

1 2.50%
  • Chelsea Sorrell and/or Mystery #13 (If She Exists)

1 2.50%
  • Elise Testone

15 37.50%
  • Erika Van Pelt

16 40.00%
  • Haley Johnson

1 2.50%
  • Hallie Day

7 17.50%
  • Hollie Cavanagh

18 45.00%
  • Jen Hirsh

6 15.00%
  • Jessica Sanchez

27 67.50%
  • Shannon Magrane

12 30.00%
  • Skylar Laine

14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    So since there is a top 13 this year, are they having a double elimination week at all? I can't remember how it happened last year.
    I think the only time a double elimination happens is when the judges use their save...so that week no one goes home and then the following week the bottom two go home.

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Randy acts as though Broadway/theatre performers can't/aren't singers at all.
    Little does he know!
    That's not it at all. The goal of American Idol is to create a pop star. It's like the TV show Nashville Star from a few years back. If someone auditioned and sang a wondrous aria, the judges would say "too classical". It's not that they can't sing. It's just that it's not what the judges are looking for. There is a reason why Linda Eder has never come close to having a hit pop song. She is too Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    *warding off PeterG's hexes*
    You should be safe. I tried to e-mail you the hex, but my computer froze and I lost it. Who knows where it went to!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Jeremy will be one of the first 3 eliminated. I would say THE first but there is always the chance of someone completely tanking and/or choosing a horrible horrible song.
    I think a female will be the first to go. And, sadly, I think there's a good chance it will be Erika. She didn't make it into the top ten and Whitney is much better suited to other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I think the only time a double elimination happens is when the judges use their save...so that week no one goes home and then the following week the bottom two go home.
    The year that they added both Matt Giraud and Anoop as wild cards and had a top 13, didn't two people go home the first week? I think they'll only have a double-elimination his season if they need it in order to fit into their schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    The year that they added both Matt Giraud and Anoop as wild cards and had a top 13, didn't two people go home the first week? I think they'll only have a double-elimination his season if they need it in order to fit into their schedule.
    That's what I was thinking about. I only remember it because Simon completely crashed the celebration with "BUT two of you are going home next week."

I couldn't remember if they did that last year at all... then again, I didn't remember there being a top-13 either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I think something malfunctioned because if you look at the rank by raw numbers on the dropdown menu and then the rank by busy percentage, Eben and Brielle are nowhere near the top. So I think those are the correct measurements but the final calculations somehow got messed up this time. Especially the rank by raw numbers came out very close to the actual results.
    Agree. The raw numbers make sense, the rest doesn't. Also, you have to factor in that, since text and web voting started, a disproportionate amount of the DI data comes from Vote for the Worst users. The software actually increases the likelihood of getting a busy signal as the same circuit is used for each vote. For those who don't follow VftW, their picks last week were Eben and Brielle.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash

You should be safe. I tried to e-mail you the hex, but my computer froze and I lost it. Who knows where it went to!!
    I think it went to Lindsay Lohan. I saw a clip of her hosting SNL last night - !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    For those who don't follow VftW, their picks last week were Eben and Brielle.
    Eben and Haley actually. Which, if you saw their Vegas group performance, were really pretty great and not the "worst" at all but definitely gave two of the rockier performances in the top 24 round.

Better times for those 2, with Reed and Elise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxivyPSwxOU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think it went to Lindsay Lohan. I saw a clip of her hosting SNL last night - !
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    One of the best Idol performance ever?! Really?! I think he'd better sing that entire song in the first half of the competition if you want to hear it because, even with the audience bias towards sweet guys and the judges saying how wonderful he is, I don't think he's going further than that.
    Yes. He moved me. As did Jennifer. Kelly Clarkson also covered this Carrie Underwood song, and Jeremy has out-performed these two wondrous singers. Because music is art. It is not about hitting every note perfectly. With music/art, I want to see and feel passion and emotion. Jeremy did it brilliantly. It's an amazingly emotional song, which Carrie Underwood does a good version of (her recording is perfect in it's technical execution) but I'm not moved hearing her sing it to the extent of Jeremy's version. I have watched/listened to this about 10 times now.

In regards to how far Jeremy might go, he might go as far as Stefano Langone (top seven). It won't hurt that Ryan gave him such an opportunity to connect with the at-home audience by asking him if he wanted to go hug Jennifer after picked to be part of the top 13.

I can't remember, but your post reminded me that in year one, two people went home the first week.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It was easy for Jeremy to feel passionate about that song because the lyrics are all about how a person will not be calling and Jeremy knows damn well that America will not be picking up the phone and dialing his number. He probably thinks the song was written for him.

-Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It was easy for Jeremy to feel passionate about that song because the lyrics are all about how a person will not be calling and Jeremy knows damn well that America will not be picking up the phone and dialing his number. He probably thinks the song was written for him.

Maybe that's it because I saw and heard almost no passion from him on Tuesday night. Must be the song lyrics from Wednesday that turned on that passion that night.

Music is not purely about hitting every note perfectly, but being passionate and emotional on the one hand and having good pitch on the other hand are not mutually exclusive. Also, emotion is in they eye of the beholder. For some people, it's about glory notes and power, maybe even going all out throughout the en tire song. Other people sense emotion with more restraint, more nuanced phrasing, and more variance -- and by variance I don't mean showing a variety of vocal range in the course of thirty seconds just to show that you can do that. Some people love the passion of Jacob and Jacob v. 2, regardless of whether there is good pitch. I find it over the top and not particularly authentic when it's non-stop throughout a song and every week. And it's worse when the screaming is pitchy and shrill.

vCash
    I like Jeremy too. I don't usually vote anymore. It's clear that people who don't vote for 4 hours really don't have any impact on who stays & who goes home. But he won me over on wild card night & if I was a voter I would now be voting for him...that is, as long as he doesn't screw up from now on. I would not be surprised if he sticks around for awhile.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314